Occidental Tourist

Waaayyyyy OT - SQL Classes??

Sorry for the OT post but I know there are some serious software geeks in here.
    I'm trying to find a SQL class in the valley that isn't one of those fly by night groups that has classes in a hotel conference room.
    I really only need it for some complex queries in Access. I know there are oodles of books but I do better being shown. I checked Rio Salado but they appear to be more degree/certificate oriented.
    SELECT tblYuri FROM tblMtbrWHEREIhavenoclue
    This is just need to know information: Am i supposed to enjoy the irony or pity the sincerity?

wheeeee!!!
    I'm a non-serious software geek.

If you're just looking for help writing a big query or something you can pm or email me. Otherwise there's always devry or one of the local community colleges should have courses. Then there's always the internet. Lots of sites have tutorials on everything from simple fundamentals to tweaking and tuning.

Edit: actually, I see you looked into rio salado. Maybe some other cc has non-degree type program you could take.

Quote Originally Posted by YuriB
    Sorry for the OT post but I know there are some serious software geeks in here.
    I'm trying to find a SQL class in the valley that isn't one of those fly by night groups that has classes in a hotel conference room.
    I really only need it for some complex queries in Access. I know there are oodles of books but I do better being shown. I checked Rio Salado but they appear to be more degree/certificate oriented.
    SELECT tblYuri FROM tblMtbrWHEREIhavenoclue

Occidental Tourist
    Quote Originally Posted by butocabra
    I'm a non-serious software geek.

If you're just looking for help writing a big query or something you can pm or email me. Otherwise there's always devry or one of the local community colleges should have courses. Then there's always the internet. Lots of sites have tutorials on everything from simple fundamentals to tweaking and tuning.

Edit: actually, I see you looked into rio salado. Maybe some other cc has non-degree type program you could take.
    I did some Google searches but didn't turn up too much but I forgot a/b Devry - I'll check them out. The online ones don't give me the face time I need for specific questions. If it was a standard query that would be one thign but it'll be a series of dynamic ones.
    Bike Content: Where you been? I don't think we've ridden since P&D
    This is just need to know information: Am i supposed to enjoy the irony or pity the sincerity?

wheeeee!!!
    yeah dynamic ones can be interesting to construct. If you wanna email me off-list and sketch out the problem and schema I might be able to help out a bit.

bike related:
    I'm doing a kitchen remodel, leaving me zero time for long rides anywhere. Its tough to tell wife and kid to use the microwave while I go riding. So I've ridden maybe 3 times locally in the past month. Once it's all done I plan on getting in some long rides.

I did some Google searches but didn't turn up too much but I forgot a/b Devry - I'll check them out. The online ones don't give me the face time I need for specific questions. If it was a standard query that would be one thign but it'll be a series of dynamic ones.
    Bike Content: Where you been? I don't think we've ridden since P&D

Occidental Tourist
    yeah dynamic ones can be interesting to construct. If you wanna email me off-list and sketch out the problem and schema I might be able to help out a bit.

bike related:
    I'm doing a kitchen remodel, leaving me zero time for long rides anywhere. Its tough to tell wife and kid to use the microwave while I go riding. So I've ridden maybe 3 times locally in the past month. Once it's all done I plan on getting in some long rides.
    Thanks for the offer. I may take you up on it.

Bike Content (not really)
    I feel your pain - remodeling is a constant in my life - me and a friend did this on Sat and Sunday (so now I can play over memorial weekend)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Saucy Size
    Thanks for the offer. I may take you up on it.

Bike Content (not really)
    I feel your pain - remodeling is a constant in my life - me and a friend did this on Sat and Sunday (so now I can play over memorial weekend)
    That came out beautifully, Yuri! I'm in perpetual remodeling hell myself.

p.
    Don't be that guy! Read the forum guidelines.

mtbr member

bike related:
    What a bunch of BS. I've been doing a complete home remodel for the last 7 months. You just need to know how to work it.

"Honey, I'm heading out to Home Depot to get some wiring."
    "You need the bike helmet to go to Home Depot?"

Sorry for the thread hijack, but whatcha doing? Ours was so bad, we had the kitchen sink on the patio...literally (and out toilet is still there).

ST (who, btw, has gained about 15 lbs because those "trips to Home Depot" are more and more infrequent)

P.S. Yuri, maybe look at NetG. They are a local online training company.

wheeeee!!!
    Yeah, my wife is wise to that one. The best excuse for a ride came from one of my riding buddies, who is a plumber in real life and did my gas line. He had finished up most of the work, and we needed to do a presure test, so we pumped it up and went for a ride while it was testing.

What are we doing? New cabinets (Ikea), appliances (mostly jenn-air), changing from a range to a gas cooktop and an electric convection double oven, new countertops, changing an exterior window so that cabinets can go under it, assorted drywall,etc. Lotsa fun. When that's all in I'll be tiling my floor.

Quote Originally Posted by skinny-tire
    What a bunch of BS. I've been doing a complete home remodel for the last 7 months. You just need to know how to work it.

"Honey, I'm heading out to Home Depot to get some wiring."
    "You need the bike helmet to go to Home Depot?"

Sorry for the thread hijack, but whatcha doing? Ours was so bad, we had the kitchen sink on the patio...literally (and out toilet is still there).

ST (who, btw, has gained about 15 lbs because those "trips to Home Depot" are more and more infrequent)

P.S. Yuri, maybe look at NetG. They are a local online training company.