Vote YES 106: Preserve Our Trails- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Oct 2006

Good job! Vote YES 106: Preserve Our Trails

Mtn bikers: Vote to save 700,000 acres of State Trust Lands.

Proposition 106 is a homegrown initiative created in cooperation with Arizona businesses including developers, Arizona's education groups, the conservation community, IMBA and other recreational clubs, and local and state leaders. Proposition 106 represents the last opportunity to preserve areas that have been designated for conservation for many years. www.106yes.com or www.conservingarizonasfuture.org

The Arizona Homebuilders Association is pouring millions of dollars into false advertising to confuse voters and defeat 106.

Don't let their $$money$$ fool family and friends. Help us spread the word and protect 700,000 acres of trails and wildlife for every generation to come!

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Solange
    Mtn bikers: Vote to save 700,000 acres of State Trust Lands.

Proposition 106 is a homegrown initiative created in cooperation with Arizona businesses including developers, Arizona's education groups, the conservation community, IMBA and other recreational clubs, and local and state leaders. Proposition 106 represents the last opportunity to preserve areas that have been designated for conservation for many years. www.106yes.com or www.conservingarizonasfuture.org

The Arizona Homebuilders Association is pouring millions of dollars into false advertising to confuse voters and defeat 106.

Don't let their $$money$$ fool family and friends. Help us spread the word and protect 700,000 acres of trails and wildlife for every generation to come!
    how you doing solange? ill help where i can. forwarding the ling to my adress book as we speak. by the way its mike h.

I am Walt
    I know Solange also...hey Solange, it's Walt from Bally's N. Scottsdale...
    Ride more; post less...

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by waltaz
    I know Solange also...hey Solange, it's Walt from Bally's N. Scottsdale...
    small friggin world huh? mtn biking is weird like that. go to bed walt, dont you have a swim meet in the morning

Plus size jersey model
    Here is another good website for some more info. They also have a lot of good info on conserving our desert and the state we live in.
    http://www.sonoran.org/programs/stat...nds/index.html

President Skroob
    Jan 2006
    I am getting it from both sides. I work for a somewhat large valley home developer that is actively against 106 and for 107. Unfortunately, I am for 106 and against 107. I just hope my boss never asks me.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006

thanks on 106

Thanks for the notes and support on 106.

I'm new to message board forums.... so just trying to figure it out.

Nice to hear from you Walt & Mike. Walt -- I saw a picture of you in an email from Steve Hill.

Steep Hill
    Thanks for your links and efforts Solange!

Welcome to MTBR too!

Steve

Ouch, I am hot!
    Don't forget to also vote no on Prop 105.
    I AM JUST A JERK

Steep Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirdir
    Don't forget to also vote no on Prop 105.
    My understanding is our Secretary of State (Jan Brewer) is the reason Prop 105 & 106 are placed next to each other with the bad one coming first. Prop 105 is designed to muddy the water and prevent 106 from getting passed. Please consider another candidate as our Secretary of State.
    Last edited by AZClydesdale; 10-25-2006 at 09:55 AM.

Kathleen in AZ

... and if we just ...

Don't forget to VOTE today!!!

Saucy Size
    Quote Originally Posted by AZClydesdale
    My understanding is our Secretary of State (Jan Brewer) is the reason Prop 105 & 106 are placed next to each other with the bad one coming first. Prop 105 is designed to muddy the water and prevent 106 from getting passed. Please consider another candidate as our Secretary of State.
    Actually I preferred it that way myself. The two anti-smoking initiatives are spread out and it's harder to compare them directly.

What a screwed up system. I'm hoping someone really IS giving away "I Tried To Vote Today" stickers at the polls.

p.
    Don't be that guy! Read the forum guidelines.

Newbie...yeah that's it
    A little off topic but does any body know if you can still vote without your voter registration card? I'm registered but since I moved I have not recieved my new card yet, and I'm in a different county now so I know that does make a difference. Do I just show up at the polls with my driver license or what?

Occidental Tourist
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSunGod
    . Do I just show up at the polls with my driver license or what?
    take a bill or two that has your name and mailing address in addition to your DL.
    http://www.azsos.gov/election/Prop_2...tification.htm
    This is just need to know information: Am i supposed to enjoy the irony or pity the sincerity?

wowarizona.com
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSunGod
    A little off topic but does any body know if you can still vote without your voter registration card? I'm registered but since I moved I have not recieved my new card yet, and I'm in a different county now so I know that does make a difference. Do I just show up at the polls with my driver license or what?

I was just at my polling location and they were checking. I actually received a little condescending remark implying a lack of knowledge about 'understanding the system'. My retort was to quote 'the system', smile broadly at my local precinct worker and remind him that snap judgements based on appearance can sometimes be embarrassing.

"uh oh, we got's us a reader…"
    CJ
    WOW Arizona!

Saucy Size
    Quote Originally Posted by C.J.
    I was just at my polling location and they were checking. I actually received a little condescending remark implying a lack of knowledge about 'understanding the system'. My retort was to quote 'the system', smile broadly at my local precinct worker and remind him that snap judgements based on appearance can sometimes be embarrassing.

"uh oh, we got's us a reader…"
    It's almost worth it to arrange to be the guy behind you, CJ. Show up with a conservative haircut, close shave, dressed in a nice suit. Carefully place expensive leather briefcase on the desk. Then go totally stoner-dumbass on the poll worker! "Wait...dude, wait. Can I use my debit card as ID? You need to see a picture? Oh! Oh! Here's one of me and my buds at Cabo last summer...that was totally sick...why do you have my debit card, dude?"

p.

sprocket
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul B
    It's almost worth it to arrange to be the guy behind you, CJ. Show up with a conservative haircut, close shave, dressed in a nice suit. Carefully place expensive leather briefcase on the desk. Then go totally stoner-dumbass on the poll worker! "Wait...dude, wait. Can I use my debit card as ID? You need to see a picture? Oh! Oh! Here's one of me and my buds at Cabo last summer...that was totally sick...why do you have my debit card, dude?"

p.

what is your point? you have something against stoners? laws?

wowarizona.com
    Jan 2004

uh

Quote Originally Posted by yetisurly
    what is your point?

ignorance can be rectified.

stupid is forever
    CJ
    WOW Arizona!

sprocket
    ignorance can be rectified.

stupid is forever

ignorance is bliss
    stupidity is the handiwork of control

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    THANKS!! For reminding everyone. Save the trails: YES 106!! NO 105, 207

Agreed on the post about "I tried to vote" sticker -- people that have moved recently or often (like college people in apartments) may get excluded from voting........ not exactly "democracy"

Saucy Size
    Quote Originally Posted by yetisurly
    what is your point? you have something against stoners? laws?
    If stoners are outlawed, only outlaws will have...stones.

That doesn't sound right.

Dude.

p.

sprocket
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul B
    If stoners are outlawed, only outlaws will have...stones.

That doesn't sound right.

Dude.

p.

Whats your point? you have something against stones? dudes?

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    I know it's too late but 106 may not be all for the good.

One of the contributors for the campaign is a Texas developer who donated $50,000. Found it kind of odd someone would donate money to a campaign that would limit their access to this land. Hopefully I'm just reading too much into it.

btw, I did vote YES

Occidental Tourist

sigh

d@mn people are stupid. course i already knew that.

Prop. 106 - Preserve 694,000 acres of state trust lands

Precinct data is not available.

Total Number of Votes Percent
    NO

541,477 52%
    YES

507,417 48%
    Total Number of Votes 1,048,894
    This is just need to know information: Am i supposed to enjoy the irony or pity the sincerity?

It rains here. :(
    Quote Originally Posted by YuriB
    d@mn people are stupid. course i already knew that.

I can't believe this didn't pass, much to the same surprise that I had when I learned that Prop 107 didn't pass. I guess people don't preserve anything anymore...land....marriage....

wowarizona.com
    Jan 2004

Wait, your desperation is only partly true!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Umbrous
    I can't believe this didn't pass, much to the same surprise that I had when I learned that Prop 107 didn't pass. I guess people don't preserve anything anymore...land....marriage....
    marriage 'between one man and one woman' is already AZ law. This law would have outlawed 'domestic partnerships' which are already codified in Tucson and Pima County.

So, I guess you can breathe a ' sigh of relief', all the marriages in AZ won't be headed for imminent collapse, rivers of fire won't consume Phoenix in a great 'no-values' conflagration
    Last edited by C.J.; 11-08-2006 at 08:40 AM.
    CJ
    WOW Arizona!

It rains here. :(
    marriage 'between one man and one woman' is already AZ law. This law would have outlawed 'domestic partnerships' which are already codified in Tucson and Pima County.

So, I guess you can breathe a ' sigh of relief', all the marriages in AZ won't be headed for imminent collapse, rivers of fire won't consume Phoenix in a great 'no-values' conflagration

So you're for domestic partnerships, ok....
    FWIW, Prop 107 didn't pass anyways so who cares?

Members who have read this thread: 0