Visiting from Britain- Mtbr.com
    Brit on a trip
    Nov 2006

Visiting from Britain

First off I want to say a warm Hi to all the good Valley (and Preskit!) folk I have met on previous visits.

At the end of this month, four of us from the UK are coming over to SW Utah to ride the best of what we did last year. We will then be working our way down through Flagstaff and Sedona and on to Phoenix for a couple of days - full plan looks like this;

Sat 27 Sept - Arrive Las Vegas
    Sun 28 To Hurricane - Goulds/Jem/Hurricane Rim
    Mon 29 Red Canyon - Losee, Cassidy, Thunder Mountain
    Tue 30 Brian Head - Shuttle day - Blowhard & Dark Hollow
    Wed 1 Barrell, Zen, possibly Church Rocks as well
    Thu 2 Day off in Zion Canyon
    Fri 3 Gooseberry Mesa
    Sat 4 Slickrock Swamp, Guacomole (possibly Grafton Mesa)
    Sun 5 Little Creek
    Mon 6 Head out to Grand Canyon - Rainbow Rim Trail.
    Tue 7 Sightseeing en route to Flagstaff - possible short ride on arrival
    Wed 8 Ride at Flagstaff - loop at Mt Elden/Fort Trails
    Thu 9 To Sedona - Loop to include Templeton, Broken Arrow, Little Horse, Llama
    Fri 10 National Trail Phoenix, or other SoMo variations
    Sat 11 Shortish am ride Phoenix (More SoMo or Goat Camp) - Head for Las Vegas in pm
    Sun 12 Death Valley - sightseeing. Short ride on way back
    Mon 13 Cottonwood Trails or Bootleg Canyon
    Tue 14 Short early am ride Blue Diamond (?) pack bikes to catch plane in pm

Although we may be joined by helimech in Hurricane, it appears that some of those I know are in Sedona when we plan to hit Phoenix so I guess we won't be able to connect this time. If anyone who is not doing that would like to hook up for a ride that would be great (and possibly for a meal after). How about it EDR and DHF - we could have a mini Tribemeet. Two of us have older Yeti 575's and our friend Julia will have the new type by the time we travel.

The other thought was that it would be great to hook up with someone local for Flag - we have not ridden there before so will be finding our way with the assistance of Dale's very fine trail map. Nor do we have any idea of where stuff is in town, particularly where to eat. Suggestions will be very welcome!

Looking forward to some sun, rocks and dust after what must be the wettest, nastiest summer for years over here - we had 7" of rain in August and over 3" so far this month - its just gotta stop!
    Growing old is mandatory - growing up is optional

mtbr member
    Looking FWD to seeing you and riding with ya again Tor-y-Foel. You have my plan, see ya soon.
    SHITBIRD

EDR
    Post up when you get here. I usually do National on Fridays but Thursdays and Saturdays have been known to happen, just depends on my schedule.

Brit on a trip
    Nov 2006
    Hey EDR - it would be great to meet up with you. Always good to put a face to a name from the Forum. We are aiming to base the Friday ride on National. On the Saturday, the others seem to be in favour of further play on SoMo but we haven't decided what route yet for that.

We ought to try and get downhillfaster along as well for a mini tribe meet (three of our group will be on Yetis now).

"You have my plan, see ya soon" - look forward to seeing you again helimech

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Dang going to miss out on joining you for the Phoenix rides by a week or so, Graham

I'm flying later today for a 10 day visit - to get away from this beautiful UK weather too (despite the weekend bringing the second (!) barbeque of the summer )

Still, the villa "now with tub" would be available for your few Phoenix days if you don't have any other plans fixed up yet - it's en route from SoMo to Vegas - via Goat Camp of course

Your itinerary reads pretty sweet too

Kathleen in AZ
    Quote Originally Posted by Tor-y-Foel

Although we may be joined by helimech in Hurricane, it appears that some of those I know are in Sedona when we plan to hit Phoenix so I guess we won't be able to connect this time.
    Darn it! Are you sure you can't rearrange? Maybe ride Phx first during the week and then join my crew in Sedona on the weekend?? We could probably even round up enough camping gear for you to join us for a night or two But if not, have a great trip and take lots of pics!

Brit on a trip
    Nov 2006
    "Dang going to miss out on joining you for the Phoenix rides by a week or so"

We are going to have to co-ordinate on this for next time! I want to come out for the AZSF 09 if it goes ahead - not seen any sign of dates yet.....hint, hint.....anybody?

"Darn it! Are you sure you can't rearrange?"

K, you know I would be up for that for sure if on my own - however it means I have to drag the others from Flag through Sedona for Phoenix, then back up to Sedona. We have plenty of miles to cover as it is and the idea did not sell so well!

Are any of you arriving in Sedona Thursday night to set up camp - we could stay in Sedona that night and come over for a beer or two at least

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Tor-y-Foel
    "Dang going to miss out on joining you for the Phoenix rides by a week or so"
    We are going to have to co-ordinate on this for next time! I want to come out for the AZSF 09 if it goes ahead - not seen any sign of dates yet.....hint, hint.....anybody?
    If all goes well in the next few weeks then I'll be a lot closer to AZ for AZSF09 and will for sure be able to hook up.

Have a great trip

Members who have read this thread: 0