mtbr member

vholdr trail 100 video... in "what" cam?

Here is a video I made yesterday around trail 100. If your wondering why it says bandana cam in the intro, that's because the vholdr is mounted on a bandana, and this video was more of a test to see if it would work. I did this since my full face had the only helmet mount for the camera and I didn't feel like wearing my full face at trail 100. So I took the google strap mount, threw it on a bandana (which you can see in the upper left), and was finally able to video out at the trail. It may be funny lookin', but I can finally video the trail, so I don't care much.

from Tanner Wittman on Vimeo.

FReak
    No helmets huh?
    2010 Specialized Demo 8 II (Upgraded to II from I)
    2008 Specialized Enduro SL Expert

mtbr member
    no, not yet, but I've actually been thinking about getting a skate helmet for places like this.

mtbr member
    Nice pov, no shaky camera, killer music, and nice editing.
    I give it one, Hell Yeah!

Ridin bikes is fun
    Cool vid. I live right next to Hawes and I travel to South Mountain and the Mcdowells from time to time, but I never hit up T100 it looks fun. Am I missing something?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by surfndav
    Cool vid. I live right next to Hawes and I travel to South Mountain and the Mcdowells from time to time, but I never hit up T100 it looks fun. Am I missing something?
    I was thinking the same thing.

Alive and Lurkin'
    With all do respect to the OP (even though neither rider is wearing a helmet), all of the clips in the vid are in PMP, south of HWY 51, b/t Dreamy Draw and 40th lots and not of T-100 itself. All of these shots are in my 1.5 hour loop ride, I know them well. Pieces of 1A, 220A, and a few other random off shoots. Nice vid, cool editing, love Sabbath, but that is not T-100...although very close to it .
    Pumpin & Pimpin

mtbr member
    Yes, you're right, that's why I said around trail 100 and not on. I just said around since I didn't know the names of the other trails. I'm not saying this in a angry way, just letting you know that I know.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by surfndav
    I never hit up T100 it looks fun. Am I missing something?
    Only the best mt biking in the city...
    Nobody gives a s#$t you singlespeed.

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by skinny-tire

thats not saying much

"No Clue Crew"
    Cool video, the bandana cam is a cool idea! Now get a helmet .............Drew

aka Swamp ThAAng
    Hopefully no one comes here from out of state to ride T-100, thinking that it is the best Phoenix has.
    Bulls**t is the glue that binds our nation - George Carlin

"No Clue Crew"
    Quote Originally Posted by shockrwave
    Hopefully no one comes here from out of state to ride T-100, thinking that it is the best Phoenix has.
    It's all a matter of preference and what trails you've ridden before. I thought T-100 was the best SS trail till I rode BCT on SS, now that's (in my opinion) the "best". ..........Drew

aka Swamp ThAAng
    Quote Originally Posted by Grave9
    It's all a matter of preference and what trails you've ridden before. I thought T-100 was the best SS trail till I rode BCT on SS, now that's (in my opinion) the "best". ..........Drew
    Agreed.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by shockrwave
    Another non-believer. That's too bad you have not discovered this hidden gem.

Shred...it's the new drug
    oh just wait...I'm sure shockrwave will chime in how he lives just a few minutes away and has a love/hate relationship with it. Like Lavern and shirley style... Now who's who? Swampthing seems like a Lavern to me and skinny a shirley...

Swamp Thaang Groupie
    Another non-believer. That's too bad you have not discovered this hidden gem.
    Ohh hes discovered it alright and is a believer! He said he always finishes with the "happy ending"? He always refers to SGN? Is that code for something gulch north? Skinny, I'm guessing this is the hidden gem you speak of @ T100?

Swamp Thaang Groupie
    cool vid! Gnar with no helmet!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by latedropbob
    oh just wait...I'm sure shockrwave will chime in how he lives just a few minutes away and has a love/hate relationship with it. Like Lavern and shirley style... Now who's who? Swampthing seems like a Lavern to me and skinny a shirley...
    Can I be Squiggy instead?

aka Swamp ThAAng
    This is all I have for now, there Norte:

mtbr member
    Which trail is that drop on that you ride at 1:02? I ride 1A, VOAZ, 302/304, fun area but I wish there were bigger drops you could hit with speed. There used to be a good one a little ways down from the cheese grater but it seems like it has slowly gotten flattened out.

mtbr member
    DH'nAZ check out the Fox transition helmet. Lightest skate lid I've held. I think it was lighter than the box it came in.

T-100 and surrounding are fun trails. I used to live right at T-bird & 7thST and hit it up all the time. I liked 40St trail head best though. I don't think SGN was SGN till Brent got to it.
    Got Daytons on the Motha Ship - Cube

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mbodde
    Which trail is that drop on that you ride at 1:02? I ride 1A, VOAZ, 302/304, fun area but I wish there were bigger drops you could hit with speed. There used to be a good one a little ways down from the cheese grater but it seems like it has slowly gotten flattened out.
    Sorry, I don't know the names of the trails yet. In the pictures I tried to show the general trail with the red line, you should be able to see the location if you search in google maps. We usually start out at the parking lot off 40th st. We run the normal trail, then go up the trail that traverses the side of the mountain (we showed it going the other way in the video starting 1:08). At the end of the trail, you go up that smaller mountain (shown in second picture) till you get to the top (from here you can see the parking lot by piestewa freeway). The drop is at the end of the red line in the second picture, it drops into the wash then comes up onto the trail, which if you turn right will take you down to the sidewalk and parking lot. Sorry for the crappy directions, I really need to learn the names of the trails, maybe somebody else can add to this.

Downhill Messiah
    WEAR A HELMET!!!!!!!!!!!!! They truly will save your ass if you crash on your dome. Imagine if this guy wasn't wearing one, He'd be pretty hurt, instead of standing there posing for pics.

Madspeed always prevails!

"No Clue Crew"
    Quote Originally Posted by tgiles
    WEAR A HELMET!!!!!!!!!!!!! They truly will save your ass if you crash on your dome. Imagine if this guy wasn't wearing one, He'd be pretty hurt, instead of standing there posing for pics.

X2!!!! Great photos! ........Drew

Members who have read this thread: 0