mtbr member
    Oct 2009

Vegas Hotels and Mountain Bikes??

I have a wedding to go to next week on weds and a friend I are going to go up on monday and ride bootleg, we will be staying on the strip. Does anyone know if the hotels will have a problem with us rolling our bikes up to the room. Or does anyone know any bicycle friendly hotels? Thanks

Shred...it's the new drug
    The hacienda in Boulder city is cool with bikes...bootleg is right around the corner

Blood, Sweat, and Gears
    I have Las Vegas as part of my sales territory. I see bikes at hotels like Hilton Hampton Inn and Marriott Courtyards all the time being pushed through the hallways and it seems fine. In fact the Cannondale Team Trucks were in the parking lot on one of my last visits and the inside of the hotel had several bikes in the hallways. The large strip hotels might be a different story, I would recommend just calling them first. My guess is, you won't be the first and it's probably commonly done. Suitcase's all have wheels these days right? It's not like your going to ride it in........
    And in the end it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. -- Abraham Lincoln

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    I just got done calling and several hotels both on and off the strip and it sounds like they dont care as long as its not being ridden. The excalibur asked if I would be able to disassemble it first and I said sure the front wheel comes off haha. Thanks for the help

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Never had a problem with that, even at some 5 star resorts. Have fun at Bootleg, good time to be going before it gets insane hot..................

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Olie12
    I have a wedding to go to next week on weds and a friend I are going to go up on monday and ride bootleg, we will be staying on the strip. Does anyone know if the hotels will have a problem with us rolling our bikes up to the room. Or does anyone know any bicycle friendly hotels? Thanks
    Not personally, but I can't imagine they would have any issues. I've stayed in Primm before and had 4 bikes with us, and not a peep.
    Nobody gives a s#$t you singlespeed.

Blood, Sweat, and Gears
    For the people that have done this before. Is it recommended to lock your bikes to a piece of furniture or something should you have to leave it unattended in your room? My fear would be of the door being open when the maid is making up the room. Maybe I'm just paranoid........
    And in the end it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. -- Abraham Lincoln

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by tls36
    Never had a problem with that, even at some 5 star resorts. Have fun at Bootleg, good time to be going before it gets insane hot..................
    Just checked the weather its a high of 81 with some cloud cover so hopefully it will be a nice time to ride.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Eastside Cannery didnt mind. Park on the North side and you can enter in without having to walk through all the gaming machines/tables

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Fletch 1
    For the people that have done this before. Is it recommended to lock your bikes to a piece of furniture or something should you have to leave it unattended in your room? My fear would be of the door being open when the maid is making up the room. Maybe I'm just paranoid........
    Call the front desk.. "NO SERVICE" then leave the DND out. If they log in no service when you call and something happens with a keycard (theyll do a keylock interrogation) they will have a harder time claiming no liability in the situation. The only downside is you have to make your own bed or call for service later when you will be in the room and can maintain control of your possessions.

If anything does ever happen:
    -Get a police report asap
    -Get a copy of the hotel incident report and all related documents
    -Be there for the lock interrogation and make sure you get a copy immediately after the incident.
    -Maintain possession of all keys given at check in and notify the desk immediately upon losing one.
    - Have "NEW" keys made not duplicates. Retain all keys including old ones for verification purposes should something happen

Trust me hotels will easily wave a hand and say theyre not responsible for any items either in your car or room during your stay. Thats usually enough to get most people to say ok and claim their homeowners insurance. Get a lawyer if the bike is worth that much and pretty much as soon as they make contact with the hotel the hotel will claim THEIR insurance and you will get paid

Blood, Sweat, and Gears
    Thanks SHNIPE! That sounds like great advise that I hope none of us ever have to use.

Members who have read this thread: 0