mtbr member
    Jun 2007

Utahan Looking For Advice

Hi, I'm living in Utah and I'll be down in the valley next week and am looking to do some riding while there. I'm actually from AZ, so I know the trails pretty well, but I'm out of touch on the weather down there. What time do I need to start riding in the morning if I want to do a Mormon-National loop? I don't want to burn up in the sun, but I don't want to get up earlier than I have to. Any advice would be nice.

Oh, and if there are any good group rides going on I'd be interested in trying those out too. Thanks!

mtbr member
    6am is a good time to start, that gets you a couple hours before the sun really starts to hit hard. Much earlier and it's too dark, any later and you don't have much time to ride.

mr. wonderful
    It's starting to look more like a 6:30 start time these days unless you like riding in the dark.
    Last edited by dirtbag; 09-06-2009 at 01:28 PM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    It starts getting light enough to see around 5:45, and the sunrise will be around 6:10-6:15 next week. FIP at 6:00 is perfect right now.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Well that's not bad, seeing as we're an hour ahead of you anyway, that's not terribly early. Thanks for the tips!

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    I would take advantage of the time change that will be coming again shortly. you'll be safe around 6, so set that alarm clock to 5:30 and get out the show on the road! haha!

Members who have read this thread: 0