Ridin bikes is fun

Uphill slow, downhill fast

At least that's the plan. I have been making noise about getting a long travel trail bike so I finely did. This should be one of the burliest 575's around, and maybe even a little over kill. But it's like when I ask my daughter when she was about 3 years old, I ask her why she was so cute, and she replied "it must be because that's the way god made me" and that's the way it is if you ask me why would you put a Saint build on a 575? I'd say "that's just the way god made it". Or maybe it was just the way they did it at the bike shop (DNA) so that's the way I bought it. If it doesn't kill me, it will make me stronger. I hope.

Anyway here's a few pic's.

Photobucket" width="549">

See you at South Mountain soon.

parenting for gnarness
    put a thong on that thing and you can make a video for the Playboy Channel
    YES to Scottsdale Prop 420
    Our Preserve, Our Taxes, Our Vote

PMP,TAN,LAUNDRY
    That 575 is hawt. No worries my 575 was recently at 34lbs but still pedaled great and you will be loving it on the DH. What fox fork is that? Like the pewter, enjoy!
    Bender to AZDog: I'm not the best person to give advice on not riding!

mtbr member
    What's it weigh? I have not ridden my Colier in about 4 months. Took her out for a spin yesterday, and I felt the same way as you. I was a snail going up hill, but man the thing is fun riding down hill. She's pushing 40lbs. I have the "put as much cheap, heavy, strong **** on it" build.
    Nobody gives a s#$t you singlespeed.

mtbr member
    Congrats on your new build! You'll probably pass me on your way to the top of SoMo on your 575. When there is no shuttle around, I ride my 47lb DH bike to the top. It's only 9 miles up from my house, but the down is a blast!
    I love the pics of your bike chillin and relaxing by the pool! It should be holding a beer somehow.
    It's only skin, it'll grow back!!

Save the drama for your mama!!!

Porkchop Sandwiches!

parenting for gnarness
    on second thought, i find all this poserish without pics of your riding the edge of pool.
    YES to Scottsdale Prop 420
    Our Preserve, Our Taxes, Our Vote

mtbr member
    WHOA, MAN THAT IS FREAKING SUHWEET!

You can prolly crush small Honda's and little children that beast.

Your ride has officially been pimped.

Ridin bikes is fun
    The fork is a float RC2, I know I wish it had adjust-ability. I weighed it at the LBS with their crappy flat pedals and it weighed 31.3. Not too bad, but the geo is so different than I'm used to that climbing is a whole new experience.

I rode to the top of Hawes this morning, dropped down and then across over to the Mine trail. going up was slow and going down was fantastic. At least I got an hour or so before work this morning. This holiday weekend is going to mess me up due to prior plans. But I will have next Tuesday off and I hope to ride Pass Mountain or maybe South Mountain. I can't wait....

Ridin bikes is fun
    Quote Originally Posted by u2metoo
    WHOA, MAN THAT IS FREAKING SUHWEET!

You can prolly crush small Honda's and little children that beast.

Your ride has officially been pimped.
    Yes, the stokage meter is pegged......

mtbr member
    nice... one of the bikes I was looking at when I got the roscoe 2 instead was the 575. I find myself putting on heavier and burlier parts every day,can't believe ur rig weighs less than 32... Mine is at 30.5 still but some heavier wheels and tires should change that quickly

Ridin bikes is fun
    Quote Originally Posted by chollaball
    on second thought, i find all this poserish without pics of your riding the edge of pool.
    I always wanted to take some pictures of my bike in my backyard, maybe I got a little carried away. I guess it could have been better if I had hired a bikini model to be in the picture with the bike. I still find it sexy as is....

mtbr member
    Lookin good Dave. I kinda did the same thing selling my Stumpjumper so I could work on my descending skills. After having to play catch up most of the Quad Bypass since I was so timid to go down, I purchased a Reign X and been hitting National quite a bit lately. I just installed a 180mm 2010 Marzocchi 66 RC3 (thanks Cactus Bike ) and am looking forward to hitting SoMo in the morning to try it out.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jvm051
    I purchased a Reign X and been hitting National quite a bit lately. I just installed a 180mm 2010 Marzocchi 66 RC3 (thanks Cactus Bike )
    Whoa, another sexcellent ride

Well played!

Ridin bikes is fun
    Quote Originally Posted by jvm051
    Lookin good Dave. I kinda did the same thing selling my Stumpjumper so I could work on my descending skills. After having to play catch up most of the Quad Bypass since I was so timid to go down, I purchased a Reign X and been hitting National quite a bit lately. I just installed a 180mm 2010 Marzocchi 66 RC3 (thanks Cactus Bike ) and am looking forward to hitting SoMo in the morning to try it out.
    Lookin good man, I don't think my bike could handle the 180mm fork. I gotta get used to the 160 for awhile. I still have my ASR and I still plan to ride it quite a bit. My proximity to Hawes will keep the ASR full use. Once I get more acclimated to the 575 the ASR should feel nice and quick.

"No Clue Crew"
    Nice 575!!!!!..........Drew

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    That bike looks fun! Perfect for a lot of the trails here in Flag. The only bike I have weighs over 40 and I go VERY slow up hill but it's worth it for the down.

Ridin bikes is fun
    Quote Originally Posted by raisingarizona
    That bike looks fun! Perfect for a lot of the trails here in Flag. The only bike I have weighs over 40 and I go VERY slow up hill but it's worth it for the down.
    Oh yeah, Flag is on the radar for sure. I'll need to hook up with some folks who know the trails up there, I've ridden there a few time's but I've barely scratched the surface of what's up there. It's gonna be a fun summer.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by surfndav
    Lookin good man, I don't think my bike could handle the 180mm fork. I gotta get used to the 160 for awhile. I still have my ASR and I still plan to ride it quite a bit. My proximity to Hawes will keep the ASR full use. Once I get more acclimated to the 575 the ASR should feel nice and quick.
    Thanks Dave, Let me know how you like the Saint Brakes, I messed up my front brake on my SS 29er, so the ones currently on my Reign will be transferred to the Mary. Just trying to decide between the Saints, Elixirs or wait for the new 2011 Code's.

EDR
    Looks good. Glad to here you pulled the trigger. We'll have to meet up for a National run or maybe Pass Mtn. I won't be free at all this weekend but maybe next week.

Members who have read this thread: 0