Up for a SoMo/Prescott/Sedona ride (4/2-4/7)?- Mtbr.com
    Roy
    mtbr member

Up for a SoMo/Prescott/Sedona ride (4/2-4/7)?

A friend and I are coming into town for an Arizona MTB vacation and would love to hook up with the local talent to help show us the better trails if anyone can make it. We're going to have the following schedule:

- Fri (4/2) - South Mountain (probably start around 1 or so)
    - Sat (4/3) - Prescott (looks like Spruce Mtn with Jm.)
    - Sun (4/4) - Prescott (a day of shuttle runs in Prescott, if possible, with Jm.)
    - Mon (4/5) - Sedona
    - Tues (4/6) - Sedona
    - Wed (4/7) - Hawes

We like the technical XC rides (not Freeride/downhill) and if you're available drop me a note; I'll get my counterpart to buy the beer. And if you're ever in my neck of the woods (St. Louis), I would be happy to return the favor.

Jm.
    mtbr member
    Just to be clear, we are going to ride up trail 62, to 299, to Spruce Mountain Road, to 297, down to 305, back to the trail 62 trailhead area. We will start at the Chine Buffet parking lot. Looking like 9:30, unless roy wants to do 10.

This ride takes approximatly 4 hours and 15 minutes (well it did last week). Give it anywhere between 4 and 5 to be on the safe side. Initially it stinks climbing up 62, but it gets better all the way, and 297 and 305 are simply a blast.
    I know in my heart that Ellsworth bikes are more durable by as much as double. AND they are all lighter...Tony Ellsworth

Saucy Size
    Quote Originally Posted by Jm.
    Just to be clear, we are going to ride up trail 62, to 299, to Spruce Mountain Road, to 297, down to 305, back to the trail 62 trailhead area. We will start at the Chine Buffet parking lot. Looking like 9:30, unless roy wants to do 10.

This ride takes approximatly 4 hours and 15 minutes (well it did last week). Give it anywhere between 4 and 5 to be on the safe side. Initially it stinks climbing up 62, but it gets better all the way, and 297 and 305 are simply a blast.
    Yeah, you're digging that loop now aren't you? I really deserve some kind of credit for staking it out. ;-)

p.
    Don't be that guy! Read the forum guidelines.

Jm.
    mtbr member
    Yeah. You do.

I have my own mega-loop staked out at Granite though!
    I know in my heart that Ellsworth bikes are more durable by as much as double. AND they are all lighter...Tony Ellsworth

Living the Dream

Alpenglow

I'm gonna try & be @ South between 8-9am on Friday. 1:00pm seems a bit hot to me.
    John

I just got goth served!

Hey, I'll join you!

I'll only have a few hours, Then I have to run to work (have to leave the trailhead by 11:00- 11:30. I rode with you on Milagrosa a few weeks ago. I had the green bullit w/the old Z1. Care if I join ya?

brian

Quote Originally Posted by Alpenglow
    I'm gonna try & be @ South between 8-9am on Friday. 1:00pm seems a bit hot to me.
    John
    insert witty comment here

Living the Dream

That sounds great.

I can try & get there earlier if its better for you. What trailhead do you want to meet at? Should I full face or just wear a regular helmet? THanks. John

Roy
    mtbr member
    John
    8-9 sounds excellent, but unfortunately we don't land until a little after 10 am and we still have to get our vehicle, and put our bikes back together.
    What about on Wed at Hawes at 8 or even earlier?

Living the Dream

I can't ride Hawes Wed.

If I were you guys I would ride Hawes Tomorrow & save South Mountain for when you have an entire day. South Mountain is one of the best if not the best trail I've ever ridden. I've ridden Tahoe, Alaska, Flagg, Utah so you have some perspective.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

Sedona Mon/Tues

My girlfriend and I will be in Sedona (and possibly Flagstaff) on Monday and Tuesday. We'll probably ride Submarine Rock, Cathedral Rock, Secret Trails, stuff like that. She's an intermediate/beginner and I'm intermediate/advanced (whatever all that means). There might also be a day where she doesn't feel like riding so I'd be looking for someone to ride with. We'll be driving a silver Dodge Caravan with lots of bumper stickers, I ride a red Ellsworth Id, she's on a yellow Santa Cruz Superlight. Email me if you feel like it and I can give you my cell phone number and maybe we can hook up. I've only ridden in Sedona twice before, so I can't promise to play tour guide, but it would be fun to ride with some other MTBR folks.

Scott

I just got goth served!

Meet at 8:15 at the 48th st trailhead?

I can try & get there earlier if its better for you. What trailhead do you want to meet at? Should I full face or just wear a regular helmet? THanks. John
    Can you meet at the 48th st trailhead around 8:15?
    Unless I'm shuttling, I usually just wear a regular helmet, though some of the trails are pretty gnarly. There are a few different routes we can do, depending on time, heat. Did you have a specific route planned?

brian
    insert witty comment here

Living the Dream

Sure

I can be there @ 815 & I'll let you choose the route since you know the mountain much better than I do.

Saucy Size
    Quote Originally Posted by silversurfer
    Can you meet at the 48th st trailhead around 8:15?
    Meeting time is 9:45, got it.

Probably see you @ the trailhead,

p.
    Don't be that guy! Read the forum guidelines.