umm,, so when you get a diamondback in your back yard...- Mtbr.com
    SamuraiBunnyGuy

umm,, so when you get a diamondback in your back yard...

do you usually just wait for him to leave on his own (and hope he doesn't decide to move in permanently) or do you call someone?
    i have tons of bunny/quail in my yard, so i hope he doesnt think of it as old country buffet. when i have my landscaping redone next week that hole under the fence will be plugged.

No Clue Crew
    Next time get closer so we can see it

SamuraiBunnyGuy
    **** that,, i was like 8 feet away with the gopro,,, now i grabbed the other camera

Photobucket

EDR
    do you usually just wait for him to leave on his own (and hope he doesn't decide to move in permanently) or do you call someone?
    Neither. You shoot it. You do have a 1000ft per second pellet gun don't you? Every Phoenician should.

Uh, wait....scratch that. I forgot that you are living in HIS backyard. Maybe he should relocate you, or shoot you. IDK.

My other ride is your mom
    or man up, grab a hoe and shoo him/her away....

Meatbomb
    Call Game and Fish .

SamuraiBunnyGuy
    is that like gay-man-fish....

SamuraiBunnyGuy
    he already helped himself...
    Photobucket

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    S.S.S. is the best policy. Are we in his back yard-yes. Do you want to risk the safety of yourself/family/pets-hope not.

Guided by Voices
    Sounds like a great excuse to get that pet mongoose you've always wanted.

powered by bacon
    Find some old lady to run it over with an SUV. Seems to work pretty well.

I am the Tin Man!
    I know what you mean about the problem, I found something in my backyard earlier this year, turned out to be this guy here:

Justin Upton Stats, Video Highlights, Photos, Bio | dbacks.com: Team'

Right there in my backyard, who would ever believe that?
    Flyin the TallBoy and the Lynskey...Clyde style.

SOMEBODY I LOVE NEEDS A HEART!

I AM AN ORGAN DONOR, ARE YOU?

Meatbomb
    Snakes are a worry but this guy has been pissing me off for the last couple weeks... I thought it was cool the first time he came visiting until I realized just how much duck crap a duck produces when they sleep...... And he does not bother with blue bags.

I'm tired of buying bleach to shock my pool ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails umm,, so when you get a diamondback in your back yard...-2012-04-13-09.44.45.jpg  

Last edited by Phillbo; 04-24-2012 at 05:49 AM.

mtbr member
    This guy was in my drive last year. I got him into a bucket (twice), put a lid on it after he escaped, loaded him into the back of the truck and let him loose in the mountains at the end of the road.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails umm,, so when you get a diamondback in your back yard...-snakecropped2.jpg  

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by AKA Monkeybutt View Post
    This guy was in my drive last year. I got him into a bucket (twice), put a lid on it after he escaped, loaded him into the back of the truck and let him loose in the mountains at the end of the road.
    Is it true that if you release them more then like a 1/4 from where you catch them. They will die.
    Mayo Clinic Phx. Kidney TX 06-20-2019

SamuraiBunnyGuy
    Quote Originally Posted by Cycle64 View Post
    Is it true that if you release them more then like a 1/4 from where you catch them. They will die.
    it depends on whether the snake is familiar with metric or english standards of measurement...

mtbr member

gran jefe
    Nov 2011
    If you see a snake, kill it. Don't appoint a committee on snakes. -Ross Perot

Quote Originally Posted by Cycle64 View Post
    We can only hope so.

mtbr member
    I have no desire to kill them. Just as they don;t have a desire to kill me. But if I never cross paths with one again. I would not have an issue with that either.
    Mayo Clinic Phx. Kidney TX 06-20-2019

@trailgrinder
    I would make a call to see if someone will come grab it for me, that's some scary crap to have a huge snake like that in the back yard. Glad you didn't stumble upon him in the night.

mtbr member
    Don't kill the poor snakes; if you must worry about senseless crap, drain your pools. You will die in your back yard swimming pool long before you need to worry about some frightened snake killing you.

SamuraiBunnyGuy
    Quote Originally Posted by Live2rideUtah View Post
    I would make a call to see if someone will come grab it for me, that's some scary crap to have a huge snake like that in the back yard. Glad you didn't stumble upon him in the night.
    "hello, i have a big snake and i'm wondering if you could grab it",, then the ***** on the phone totally hung up on me...

he left after eating that dead whatever-it-was in my yard and never came back.
    do you suppose they can smell something dead and that he just came in for that specific reason?

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    The snakes will still be roaming long after the humans are gone from the valley 40 to 100 years from now. They belong way more naturally than the 4 million people their with their air conditioners and pools sucking up the Colorado dry.

EDR
    Quote Originally Posted by raisingarizona View Post
    The snakes will still be roaming long after the humans are gone from the valley 40 to 100 years from now. They belong way more naturally than the 4 million people their with their air conditioners and pools sucking up the Colorado dry.
    Maybe...but they won't have Strava or Dishnet. We're taking that with us.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by eatdrinkride View Post
    Maybe...but they won't have Strava or Dishnet. We're taking that with us.
    Hahaha! Nice one!

mtbr member
    If you live in an outlying area like Scottsdale, daisy mountain, Goodyear etc the fire department will relocate it for you. If you're in Phoenix FD won't help but there are agencies (herpatoligical society) that will come get it for a small fee

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Send that duck up to Canada where he belongs for the summer; then he can come back in the Fall and fill your pool....if I don't get him first.
    As for snakes; send them up to TD in Sedona; for that 100% user experience. He'll likely put them only on the user-built trails,( that don't have brush encroaching on them where the snakes can hide, and pounce on unsuspecting trail runners).; cause he's on probation you know. BTW; where IS TD? Too much STRAVA?

"No Clue Crew"
    Go to the link that Supermoto posted and call the AHA, they will relocate it for a small fee. If you don't live too far out in the sticks, call me at 480-313-9079 and I will come and relocate it for free.
    LHM- From what you described, the snake most likely bit the rodent outside of the fence and the rodent made it into your yard before it died. A Rattlesnake will track its prey after it has envenomated it. If a snake happens upon a free meal that is already dead (hit by a car, etc) it will certainly not pass it up.
    There is no reason to kill a snake in your yard, just spray it with a hose and then give it the opportunity to leave and it usually will. If you are going to relocate it yourself, please be careful and don't move the snake further than a mile or so. Rattlesnakes spend their entire life in one area and they learn where water, food and shelter are within that area. Studies suggest that they will die if you remove them from their area.

Members who have read this thread: 0