Two weeks on Sunday- Mtbr.com
    Dave

Two weeks on Sunday

Since I had my crash and dislocated two ribs . I'm feeling better but not totally recovered. Rick my new friend to MTB'ing was talking about Tucson for a ride. I thought that maybe an 8 mile ride on a smooth trail would not hurt me too bad. So I think I'm heading down to Tucson on Saturday for a easy beginner ride.

If there's any beginners interested post up.
    It sounds crazy to drive 2 hrs for 8 miles or so of riding, but he's driving so I don't care.

Chad if you see this what would you recommend for super smooth roller of a trail. Rick is looking at the Rays book for trail ideas. Oh I know I'll post up in Tucson MTB too.

Later all

Dave
    I need to ride more and work less.

wretch
    Dave Star Pass has some pretty mellow parts to it, parking lot is just past the resort up a fire road on the left. Im sure you can make something 8 miles or longer / shorter with a look at a map.

Cheers

Newbie rider
    Jul 2008
    Dave, I was thinking of doing the Starr Pass or Fantasy Island... or we can do boff!

pedaller
    Fantasy Island - if you have a permit!

It's not completely flat but it sure is fun...It's also kinda south of town so more driving...from PHX.
    "Nobody ever told me not to try" - Curious George Soundtrack by Jack Johnson

wowarizona.com
    Jan 2004

50 Year Trail is nice, too

Quote Originally Posted by liteandfast
    Since I had my crash and dislocated two ribs . I'm feeling better but not totally recovered. Rick my new friend to MTB'ing was talking about Tucson for a ride. I thought that maybe an 8 mile ride on a smooth trail would not hurt me too bad. So I think I'm heading down to Tucson on Saturday for a easy beginner ride.

If there's any beginners interested post up.
    It sounds crazy to drive 2 hrs for 8 miles or so of riding, but he's driving so I don't care.

Chad if you see this what would you recommend for super smooth roller of a trail. Rick is looking at the Rays book for trail ideas. Oh I know I'll post up in Tucson MTB too.

Later all

Dave
    If you stay on the actual 50 Year Trail, it is pretty tame. There are very few real rocky sections.The views are fantastic and you are riding along the base of the Santa Catalina Mountains.

It is north of town. If you take the Pinal-Pioneer Parkway, it is pretty direct from Phoenix
    CJ
    WOW Arizona!

Members who have read this thread: 0