mtbr member

Two birds with one stone

A friend and I wanted to ride on Mount Lemmon this past weekend, and he suggested that we ride down there on our motorcyles. He has been doing this for years so I figured why not. I've always wanted to take the bike up that fun winding road anyways, and you all know how great the mountain biking is on Lemmon. So I did it, I built up a rack to haul the bicycle that mounted directly into my luggage mounts.
    I gotta say it was one of the most epic days I've ever had. We got up early rode the motorcyles down to Tucson then up Catalina to San Pedro vista, unloaded the bikes and rode Green Mountain to Bug springs to prison camp to Molina basin then hopped on the road and treked back up the mountain to our motorcycles parked at San Pedro. Did I mention all this on a SS.
    Wow was I beat, we then loaded the bikes back up and headed down the mountain and returned here to the valley.
    I can't wait for the next motorcycle biking trip. Do you think this could catch on.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Two birds with one stone-dsc00769.jpg  

Two birds with one stone-dsc00772.jpg  

Pivoteer
    Nice RC51. Looks like the 1st gen based on the colors and swingarm.

Get those Devil pipes off there and put some Sato lows on. You won't be dissapointed.
    I miss my RC Coolest bike I have ever owned. Gotta love the intake noise on decel, you certainly can't sneak up on anyone
    Employed by Pivot Cycles - www.pivotcycles.com

mtbr member
    Yes, it's an '01, love it. I had a Tl1000 before this as well. Can't beat that V-twin grunt! I'm a bit of a horsepower junky.

Pivoteer
    Quote Originally Posted by EZSHUM_331
    Yes, it's an '01, love it. I had a Tl1000 before this as well. Can't beat that V-twin grunt! I'm a bit of a horsepower junky.
    You actually admit to owning a TL???? NIce try Suzuki. Talk about heavy and slow.

I had an inline after the RC and just couldn't get with it. No character what so ever. People take notice when you fire up the RC. If I were to gte back int motorcycles, I would have to either grab a RC51, or I really like the new 1198, or even a 1098S.

Have you done any mods to the bike? Intake, Power Commander, etc? Seriously, check out the Sato lows if you want some serious grunt. They have different baffle sizes (the right size is much larger, since this is where more of the exhaust exits. They are tuned so well.

Beer Drnkr w/bike problem
    sweet, I seen different type of rigs for bikes and was planning on putting something on mine too.
    "Not drinking is the Single Speed World Championships version of doping" -Jacquie Phelan

E-bikes are Mountain Mopeds

I am Doctor Remulak
    While I don't see the yellow Chameleon, I'm guessing you went with Alex. Sounds like you guys had a good trip.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ Mikey
    While I don't see the yellow Chameleon, I'm guessing you went with Alex. Sounds like you guys had a good trip.
    Yes the Yellow Chameleon was present. Only recently out of retirement too! Good times were definately had.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by tiSS'er
    You actually admit to owning a TL???? NIce try Suzuki. Talk about heavy and slow.
    Ha... You got, it didn't weigh in alot heavier, but wow it really did feel heavy, and had wicked head shake.
    The RC is all stock except the devil cans, they came with it, and gearing. I have found a few SP2 intakes but didn't pull the trigger. Not sure if it was the best way to go. Then definately the Power Camander. Everyone sure loves those Satos aswell, just not crazy about the way they hug the tail. Just used to the classic look I guess.
    So many mods available too little $$$.

Pivoteer
    Quote Originally Posted by EZSHUM_331
    Ha... You got, it didn't weigh in alot heavier, but wow it really did feel heavy, and had wicked head shake.
    The RC is all stock except the devil cans, they came with it, and gearing. I have found a few SP2 intakes but didn't pull the trigger. Not sure if it was the best way to go. Then definately the Power Camander. Everyone sure loves those Satos aswell, just not crazy about the way they hug the tail. Just used to the classic look I guess.
    So many mods available too little $$$.
    Sato lows maintain the stock rear pegs and stock postion. The lows also produce better numbers than the high mounts.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Two sweet rides!

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    How funny, I just sold my 04RC and I have a Santa Cruz Heckler (not chameleon but, SC)
    Looks like fun.

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by tiSS'er

I had an inline after the RC and just couldn't get with it. No character what so ever. People take notice when you fire up the RC. If I were to gte back int motorcycles, I would have to either grab a RC51, or I really like the new 1198, or even a 1098S.

Have you done any mods to the bike? Intake, Power Commander, etc? Seriously, check out the Sato lows if you want some serious grunt. They have different baffle sizes (the right size is much larger, since this is where more of the exhaust exits. They are tuned so well.
    haha yeah the TL's are quite sluggish. Back in the day when I had my 04 gixsix it would walk TL's with mods all day. I need to get back on the 1000rr again, I miss her.

Members who have read this thread: 0