poser Administrator

Tucson Vintage, your first mountain bike and weird bike ride (Sat 23)

This upcoming Saturday (4-23-11) at 7am we are meeting at the Fantasy Island Main entrance for a loop around the trail on our vintage, weird and first real mountain bikes because you can't go forward without remembering where you came from first.

We welcome all riders no matter what bike but if you have an oldie, a weird one or just still have your first real mountain bike bring it out.

The pace will be moderate, the fun will be epic and we will be stopping a lot and probably remembering why modern technology is good, a lot.

The plan is to do the full loop but as you may know the trail has many alternate bypasses for those wanting a shorter experience.

There will be a coupla rigid hardtails from the 90's at least 1 cyclocross bike and possibly others.

Come and play on your old toys!
    MTBR Posting Guidelines
    calories>electrons

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rockcrusher
    This upcoming Saturday (4-23-11) at 7am we are meeting at the Fantasy Island Main entrance for a loop around the trail on our vintage, weird and first real mountain bikes because you can't go forward without remembering where you came from first.

We welcome all riders no matter what bike but if you have an oldie, a weird one or just still have your first real mountain bike bring it out.

The pace will be moderate, the fun will be epic and we will be stopping a lot and probably remembering why modern technology is good, a lot.

The plan is to do the full loop but as you may know the trail has many alternate bypasses for those wanting a shorter experience.

There will be a coupla rigid hardtails from the 90's at least 1 cyclocross bike and possibly others.

Come and play on your old toys!
    Oh, I'd love to ride my first "mountain" bike at FI: black Huffy with a square banana-style seat with "BMX" on the back.
    Nobody gives a s#$t you singlespeed.

Plus size jersey model
    Wait I thought this place was for bickering only how dare you post a ride up.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by bigworm520
    I know, right?

Frickin' noob!!

poser Administrator
    yer coming?
    MTBR Posting Guidelines
    calories>electrons

Plus size jersey model
    My oldest bike is a 2009 plus I kinda want to ride with the girls at Starr Pass Saturday.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Girls ride?!?! There's a girls ride?!?!?!

j/k...I'll be there crusher.

And I won't even bag on worm for going on the girl's ride...some fruit is just too low to pick.

poser Administrator
    I thought that was a girls ride. When did you become qualified for that? You looked inherently male at the bike swap last weekend.
    MTBR Posting Guidelines
    calories>electrons

Plus size jersey model
    Hey Will fill free to go out into the middle of the desert with a bunch of dudes on old rickety bikes. I'll take my chances with a group full of toned and tanned women on shiny new bikes.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Hey Will fill free to go out into the middle of the desert with a bunch of dudes on old rickety bikes. I'll take my chances with a group full of toned and tanned women on shiny new bikes.
    You suck and that's sad ;-)

Members who have read this thread: 0