Tucson Molino BAsin Super D: Saturday 10 April- Mtbr.com
    caninus xerophilous

Tucson Molino BAsin Super D: Saturday 10 April

Looking to kick off the OP Super D series next Saturday with a grassroots/low key no fee Super D time challenge down Moino Basin.

The course will basically be the Molino Basin Trail, statring from the top of the hill above Prison Camp, down to the bathrooms at Molino Basin Campground. Timers will be present top and bottom.

Presently waiting on feedback for the proposed start time, but 8AMish sounds rightish.

Hopefully we can get some local peeps out to support some local racing next Saturday.

mtbr member
    Its a toss up now, the PMC or this Hmmmmmm?
    SHITBIRD

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Looking forward to this. Try and support when and where I can when I'm not riding, but will be sure to have cold bevos. Very cool, thanks for coordinating.

caninus xerophilous
    Quote Originally Posted by helimech
    Its a toss up now, the PMC or this Hmmmmmm?

No worries, were just out to get together and have some fun. Nothing official here, just some peeps seeing how how long it takes them to get down the mountain.

Plus size jersey model
    I'm in, just need a ride.

rip the line
    Jun 2006
    8:00 is good for me. You guys planning on just meeting at the Molino Parking area? Vern, normally I would pick you up, but depending on how late this runs, I gotta skidaddle off to work. Also, I'll probably stay at my buddies house after I get off or work on friday to save some driving time and gas and get a little extra sleep.
    "I tried to live always free and above board like you" Cool Hand Luke

caninus xerophilous
    I was thinking about running the challenge from 7-9AM or 8-10AM. Prety much that means timer top and bottom, hopefully with working comms, to log peoples times.

Trying to keep a low profile and de-conflict with hikers and keep it flexable for riders. Maybe the folks riding Bugs could tag in for time trial down Molino on their way to Millie.

Plus size jersey model
    Quote Originally Posted by SunDog
    I was thinking about running the challenge from 7-9AM or 8-10AM. Prety much that means timer top and bottom, hopefully with working comms, to log peoples times.

Trying to keep a low profile and de-conflict with hikers and keep it flexable for riders. Maybe the folks riding Bugs could tag in for time trial down Molino on their way to Millie.
    L you won't need comm to log time. Just give everyone a time and have them make sure they go on there time. Rider #1 goes at exactly 8am and the next in however minutes you want them spaced. Just make sure the timers are running exact same time and it will be easy.

mtbr member
    I would say 8-10 and give people a 5 min time spacing, depending on how many people show up.

not a paid spokesperson
    Bonus points for a hardtail? Seriously though, I'm super excited about this. Sadly I won't be in town for the next few months but I do hope this isn't the only one I see.

caninus xerophilous

10 April Molino Basin Super D Challenge Time Trial

We will be onsite a from 8-10AM to provide free/unsponsored time keeping for those who like to quantify their Molino Basin descent time.

Meet @ Prison Camp Campground (Gordon Kiribahi or whatever) between 8-10 PM. Park towards the rear and cruise up the trail to the top of the hill, log in and get ready to rumble.

The times will be posted over on TucsonMTB for now. We will define the start and stop, so that anyone who wishes to ride and post thier time (GPS or On Your Honor) can do so at a later date and post their time for comparison.

Hopefully this will catch on and take off. Next month is the La Milagorsa Super-D Time Trial!

Thanks,

Louis

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Sounds like fun but could turn to be a bad deal in the long run. Downhill racing on a trail open to hikers on the wknd? Not exactly a remote trail. Super D= Super DUMB. Hope all turns out well.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    There always has to be at least one downer huh...

mtbr member
    At least we're fallowing the rules according to the FS so people can complain all they want

caninus xerophilous
    Quote Originally Posted by azjoe
    Sounds like fun but could turn to be a bad deal in the long run. Downhill racing on a trail open to hikers on the wknd? Not exactly a remote trail. Super D= Super DUMB. Hope all turns out well.
    Uninformed opinionated rants = well you said it best "Super DUMB"

Members who have read this thread: 0