Tucson LBS recommendation?

In the area (down from CO) with what seems like a wonky front hub. (hope pro2 evo)

Any recommendations on where to take it to get a quick turnaround time?

Also open to trail recommendations as well. Have MTBProject, but a "don't leave tucson without riding these 5 trails" list would be sweet.

Thanks!

Hey, a Bright Shiny Thing
    Fairwheel Bikes down by the UA is a very good shop. They text you when your stuff is done, good techs working there.

Endurance Performance on Oracle is good too. Just depends on whats close.

Check out SDMB, Tucsonmtb or TORCA for rides.....It just depends on what you're after. I think Bug Spring is a can't miss as well as the 50 year system.

sonoranbiker
    Dec 2006
    Lots of good shops. I am personally a fan of Tucson Endurance Performance Center on the NW side, but Fair Wheel and AZ Cyclist are also great options, as is Arizona Bicycle Experts.

Must-do rides? If you like chunk and tech, Bug Springs and Milagrosa (done together as a shuttle run) are not to be missed. The Tortolitas, including Ridgeline Trail are amazing. The 50 Year system is really beautiful and some great tech as well. If you want something closer to town that is a mellower spin (and has signs), Sweetwater Preserve is in some really beautiful desert.

∞~∞~∞~∞~∞
    I second fairwheel bikes.......Ask to speak to Jason Woznick about hub issues. 520-624-3045
    Rick~
    16' Superfly 9.6
    Tucson, Az.

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    In Tucson, given that there are a lot of nice places to ride, a lot of people ride what is closest to them except on the weekends when we can journey a little farther. I live pretty central and my go to areas during the week (and many weekends) are Starr Pass, Robles and Sweetwater on the near west side. East side has Fantasy Island and, further out, the AZ trail. I recently rode the Ridgeline loop in the Tortalitas and it is my new favorite trail. I haven't ridden the more gravity centered tech stuff in the mountains yet. 50 year and surrounding trails are great, too.

Also, I third FW bikes for repairs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    See Dane at TEPC.

Ridgeline is a great ride.
    50yr trail, specifically the Upper 50 and higher stuff, is really good IMO. But it's not on MTB Project so you would need a guide or find a GPX for a GPS.

Bugs is snowed over at the moment so Miligrosa is your best bet for Mt. Lemmon right now.

sonoranbiker
    Dec 2006
    I'd be down for a Milagrosa run on Saturday if you're in town and want a tour guide. Shoot me an email if interested- trailsteward@sdmb.org. Definitely check out the descriptions to see if it's your cup of tea.

mtbr member
    I always prefered the east side rides when I lived out there. AZ trail, Italian trap/ Bellota Ranch area, and Chiva falls. The Star Pass / Yetman trail on the west side was also one of my regulars. With a little more driving, in the Santa Rita Mountains, Elephant Head on the west or AZ trail Gardner Canyon on the east are awesome also.

I spent plenty of money at ABE (Az bike experts), Fairwheel, Sabino cycles, and Broadway bikes.

∞~∞~∞~∞~∞
    I agree....Ridgeline is one of my faves too.

me and a couple of friends are driving out there this weekend to go ride it again.

I'm literally only a couple miles from Starpass/Robles on the west side... near tucson estates so i too am there all the time.

Another favorite of mine is the 50year/Golder Ranch/Chutes/Middlegate all in one!
    Rick~
    16' Superfly 9.6
    Tucson, Az.

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    Hey Brother,

Great shops mentioned above. Arizona Cyclist, Fairwheel, Probike and Broadway Bikes are all great shops and they support trail work and TORCA. Must do's depends on your style of riding. What are you into? This will help us give you better recommendations. You like long xcish rides? Fast chunky techy rides?

We will be out doing a trail work Day on Saturday but we are likely showing another group around on Friday and Sunday so if you wanna tag along and see the good stuff, give me a shout. Cheers!
    520-591-1514
    facebook.com/TucsonTORCA