Tucson area rides - help a tourist?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Feb 2004

Tucson area rides - help a tourist?

Cold wet winter here in Georgia. I might have a free lodging option in Tucson, so I am thinking about making a short trip out. I've never ridden there - hoping to get some trail advice. I can handle climbing and longish rides (~20-25 miles), but I don't really dig technical. I can handle tech in doses, but I don't really enjoy rides that have long stretches of gnar.

I tried the SAMBA site, but it appears to be down. If I had three days of riding, where should I go? So far my list looks like this:

1. 50-year trail
    2. Fantasy Island (mild recovery day)
    3. 24-hour Pueblo Course

Am I missing other great trails that are not too technical?

Thanks!

Plus size jersey model
    I would do
    1. 50yr
    2. Az trail
    3. Starr Pass
    If you only have 3 days don't go worth FI or 24hr the other trails will offer way better riding. When are you planning on coming out? When you do come out post up on here or over at tucsonmtb.com and there will be plenty of riders willing to show you around.

sonoranbiker
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by sikwoodbiker
    I would do
    1. 50yr
    2. Az trail
    3. Starr Pass
    If you only have 3 days don't go worth FI or 24hr the other trails will offer way better riding. When are you planning on coming out? When you do come out post up on here or over at tucsonmtb.com and there will be plenty of riders willing to show you around.
    Ditto.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by sikwoodbiker
    When are you planning on coming out? When you do come out post up on here or over at tucsonmtb.com and there will be plenty of riders willing to show you around.
    Thanks for the advice and for the offer. Not sure on timing yet. Ideally, it will happen after one of two things:

1. I feel a little better about my job security.
    2. After I get laid off.

But I may just go ahead and book a trip without one of those. I'll circle back here and on tucsonmtb.com if so.

Thanks again!

Members who have read this thread: 0