mtbr member
    May 2005

Tucson area Realtors?

Wondering if there are any local Realtor's in the Tucson area that ride dirt. Looking for someone who knows the area trails and can recommend houses based on this and a few other needs. I've spent time in the area and know a little about what area I'd like to be in, but could be persuaded in another direction if certain criteria was met.

I currently have access to a hundred or so miles of trail from my door, like I have a public trail easement across the back end of my property, so it's a pretty big deal for me to be able to ride dirt within a reasonable distance from my house.

Any help would be much appreciated!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Allan View Post
    Wondering if there are any local Realtor's in the Tucson area that ride dirt. Looking for someone who knows the area trails and can recommend houses based on this and a few other needs. I've spent time in the area and know a little about what area I'd like to be in, but could be persuaded in another direction if certain criteria was met.

I currently have access to a hundred or so miles of trail from my door, like I have a public trail easement across the back end of my property, so it's a pretty big deal for me to be able to ride dirt within a reasonable distance from my house.

Any help would be much appreciated!
    https://www.facebook.com/The-Damion-...-228735085153/
    Nobody gives a s#$t you singlespeed.

mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    Very cool, thanks. Any others?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Desert Seeker
    Quote Originally Posted by seanallan View Post
    Very cool, thanks. Any others?

ABOUT ZACH - Zach MacDonald

mtbr member
    So, having gone through this exercise with essentially the same criteria (being within riding distance of 50+ miles of trails) if you're not looking at something close to the intersection of Ironwood and Camino de Oeste, you really should be looking there; if it's in your price range. It's 2.5 miles to Tucson Mountain Park and 2.5 miles to Sweetwater.
    -- Evil Patrick

Some of my Music

My Videos

The trail...shall set you free.

mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Patrick View Post
    So, having gone through this exercise with essentially the same criteria (being within riding distance of 50+ miles of trails) if you're not looking at something close to the intersection of Ironwood and Camino de Oeste, you really should be looking there; if it's in your price range. It's 2.5 miles to Tucson Mountain Park and 2.5 miles to Sweetwater.
    Thanks, I like that area but some of my criteria is hard to meet out there, namely I'd like 2 acres at least and a smaller home as we're trying to downsize. Currently looking all along the Catalinas and as far north as Oracle. Will I be disappointed out that direction? I've ridden a bit out there and it seems a decent area.

mtbr member
    All of the homes in my neighborhood sit on 3.5 acre lots. Not sure about what "smaller home" means to you, but there are a lot of places with about a 3000 sq ft floor plan in the area I recommended. I believe there may be some smaller homes just to the north.

I strongly recommend that you ride both the Golder Ranch (50 Year Trail, Tortillatas, and friends) as well as Tucson Mountain Park (which joins to Robles and Brown Mountain) and the Sweetwater system in that same area before you make any choices. I've ridden it all and I personally believe that the west side was a better choice for me than in the Oro Valley area that you mentioned.

There are plenty of folks down here happy to show you around on the trails. Make an informed choice, 'cause it's a big'un.
    -- Evil Patrick

Some of my Music

My Videos

The trail...shall set you free.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    EP,
    Thanks. Yes, we have looked in that area will definitely look in that area again as we get closer. The problem is, it is a good neighborhood, thus not much for sale...... MLS shows just about nothing....Lots of vacant land though, and we have not ruled out building again. I assume you're talking about the Sundance Estates/ Lazy Ranch Estates area?

We are coming from a 3000+' home in the Ca. Sierra foothills and would really like to get down to around half of that, pay cash and be done. We are both done with rooms and parts of the house that we never see or use = no kids. I'm self employed and need to build a certain size shop as well, thus the need for a bigger plot of land. My SO will need to go to Chandler once a week or so, so homes too far to the West or South become problematic. That area still falls within an acceptable range though, same distance as the Mt. Lemmon area essentially.

I've ridden much of that area, though certainly only a fraction, and agree that it is a worthy area of living for sure.

Thanks for the input.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    There is a house right down the road from me that fits everything you are talking about. Right now its on one acre but there is another acre next door that is for sale too. The house is on Tanque Verde near Catalina Hwy. From my house it takes me about 15 min to be on the trails on lemon. I believe the house is about 1800 sf. Its nothing special but its a nice area. If you are looking on line the cross streets are Tanque Verde and Jeanette. From this area its 2 hrs to Chandler. Hope this helps.