Tripping while riding....?- Mtbr.com
    banned

Tripping while riding....?

Anybody cranked out some miles tripping thier brains out? ( burning man doesn't count)

I've snowboarded a few times and it was a blast.

Wonder what some fast flowy singletrack would be like?

Music or no music?

mtbr member
    Wow, that is effen hilarity. I can't imagine I would even be able to complete a mile. I would most likely be laughing my a$$ off at nothing and everything, and only make it about 150 ft.
    Making Milk by Day, Beer by Night

In the rear with the beer
    Not that I'll admit to publicly......
    Salvation Outdoor
    "Take it Outside...Again!!!"

wretch
    I've ridden with guys in Downieville ripping three laps with a big thermos of "tea". There's a lot of tards up here that do that. Nor Cal Hippies. . .

No earphones/music . . . Wouldn't be able to hear "the man" sneaking up behind me.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by JrockFeltaz
    Anybody cranked out some miles tripping thier brains out? ( burning man doesn't count)

Music or no music?
    this would be crazy.

mtbr member
    I've heard stories of people on shrooms doing Candy runs in the dark.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Before 1966 when it was still legall we all road bicycles and did LSD for exspeamental perposes only , and then after it was illegle many still of course still did it -------
    But it , But it , But it ,But it has nooooooooo afect afect on afect on --- us at at at at-- all .

mtbr member
    I feel we should include it in our water system.

~~~~~~~
    i know a certain female rider (downieville champ, cyclocross pro, norcal hippie) who posted record times at dville a couple years ago tripping balls.

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by tmarkos
    I've heard stories of people on shrooms doing Candy runs in the dark.

Mushroom Cup DH series....

mtbr member
    I tripped once while walking to my bike. Just wasn't watching my step.

Isn't an endo somewhat like tripping on a bike?
    -- Evil Patrick

Some of my Music

My Videos

The trail...shall set you free.

Disgruntled Peccary
    It'd make the iPod wearin', hefty, gap wearin' hikers simply part of the flooooooow
    mike

sprocket
    Quote Originally Posted by JrockFeltaz

Music or no music?
    doode, if people can't live a sober lifestyle, they have issues.

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by yetisurly

doode, if people can't live a sober lifestyle, they have issues.

Please keep your negativity out of my thread

dirt visionary
    Man its been so long but I would say that it would be an unreal experience if your in the right frame of mind prior.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of
    arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body.

parenting for gnarness
    physical activity and the sparkly knot in my stomach and spine don't go well together, just about the only time I dont wanna play hard outside. tried kayaking on shrooms once and i couldnt really let my mind wander enough. Sitting on the couch watching Roger Rabbit is just about perfect.
    YES to Scottsdale Prop 420
    Our Preserve, Our Taxes, Our Vote

mtbr member
    Totalled a bike 10 miles out, past the last hill, at Dynamite.Long walk back, but Elvis, Jim and I made the best of it.

The Speeder Bikes at Sunrise are also a blast.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Master Gardener
    Shrooms and night riding back in the Hoosier state. The last time we did it a friend hit a tree and his bottom teeth went through his lip. Not good. I mean, the accident could happen to anybody and I doubt the shrooms had much to do with it because they don't alter your physical coordination... but to have an accident happen while all five of us were tripping and not in a good state of mind for emergency medical procedures... scary.

Still, fun as hell.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Velokid1
    I doubt the shrooms had much to do with it because they don't alter your physical coordination...
    Still, fun as hell.
    They do alter physical coordination by altering your perception of the space-time continuum through which you move.

There is a great documentary called Day of the Zulu where they give tea (one shroom/one placebo) to two equally matched martial artists and let them spar...Guess who wins?

shred my gnar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pynis McDermott
    Wow, that is effen hilarity. I can't imagine I would even be able to complete a mile. I would most likely be laughing my a$$ off at nothing and everything, and only make it about 150 ft.
    this.

Master Gardener
    Quote Originally Posted by CharacterZero
    They do alter physical coordination by altering your perception of the space-time continuum through which you move.
    Perception of time can be altered in two directions, though. Your physical coordination and reflexes could be enhanced as easily as reduced.

Quote Originally Posted by CharacterZero
    There is a great documentary called Day of the Zulu where they give tea (one shroom/one placebo) to two equally matched martial artists and let them spar...Guess who wins?
    The one who thought watching UFC counted as "studying" martial arts?

shred my gnar
    Perception of time can be altered in two directions, though. Your physical coordination and reflexes could be enhanced as easily as reduced.
    id have to say the latter is more likely. thats what ive heard.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by chollaball
    physical activity and the sparkly knot in my stomach and spine don't go well together, just about the only time I dont wanna play hard outside. tried kayaking on shrooms once and i couldnt really let my mind wander enough. Sitting on the couch watching Roger Rabbit is just about perfect.
    One of my best times in college was sitting with my GF on the couch, Fantasia playing on TV (muted), Dave Mathews Band - Live at Red Rocks on the CD Player, and Red and Orange Room Lighting. Un-believably comforting experience.

Another time was on Schnebly Hill Rd during a full moon - that was awesome also.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pynis McDermott
    One of my best times in college was sitting with my GF on the couch, Fantasia playing on TV (muted), Dave Mathews Band - Live at Red Rocks on the CD Player, and Red and Orange Room Lighting. Un-believably comforting experience.

Another time was on Schnebly Hill Rd during a full moon - that was awesome also.
    Wow, similar experiences in a similar place. Walked from Lake Mary Rd thru the forest to Ft Tuthill for some carnival, then finished up the evening watching Fantasia. Burned into my long term memory now.

mtbr member
    guaranteed fun:
    Jumping the cliffs at Saguaro Lake in the middle of the night.
    Tubing the salt river in the middle of the night.
    Strobe light boxing

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Linoleum
    Wow, similar experiences in a similar place. Walked from Lake Mary Rd thru the forest to Ft Tuthill for some carnival, then finished up the evening watching Fantasia. Burned into my long term memory now.
    Mine too, it is hard to think about it and not have a smile on my face.

mtbr member
    Back in the day we would trade labor at the bike shop for mushrooms then go night ridding in the Prescott area. It was one of the summers the fire danger shut down the forest. We all needed to ride but we all felt The Man was going to catch us. Good times.

mtbr member
    May 2004

The one who thought watching UFC counted as "studying" martial arts?
    Good point, no doubt.

Here is a link to the PBS documentary - you can buy it, but I haven't found it online to show the martial artists.

Of course, the Zulu might never have vanquished the British at Isandlwana without the help of traditional Zulu medicines. Some scholars have suggested that Zulu pharmacopoeia provided more of a psychological boost than any real physiological effect. But recent scientific studies show that the medicines contained some very potent drugs. For example, warriors were given a cannabis (marijuana)-based snuff to take during battle. Analysis of the snuff has revealed that it contained extremely high levels of THC, a powerful hallucinogen, and yet no detectable levels of the chemicals that cause the sedative effects of marijuana.

Also in the Zulu war medicine chest: the bulb of a flower in the Amaryllis family, called Boophane disticha, or the Bushman Poison Bulb. Studies have shown that the bulb -- which was also used by southern Africans to help mummify bodies -- contains buphanidrine, an alkaloid, like codeine and morphine (although it is not related to them) with hallucinogenic and pain-killing properties. According to botanist Ben-Erik van Wyk of Rand Afrikaans University in Johannesburg, South Africa, the dosage of buphanidrine necessary to reduce pain is very close to the toxic dose, "but in a very experienced traditional healer's hands it should be safe. They usually assess the strength of a bulb by testing it on themselves."

In addition, warriors sometimes ingested a hallucinogenic mushroom containing a toxin called muscimol. The chemical, present in fly agaric -- a mushroom that can attract and kill flies -- is said to induce a state of expanded perception in those who ingest it. Warriors who consumed those mushrooms, researchers speculate, might have been utterly without fear, believing themselves impervious to British bullets.

sixsixtysix
    I wonder if it would be anything like driving on Salvia.

mtbr member
    [QUOTE=sixsixtysix]I wonder if it would be anything like driving on Salvia.QUOTE]

Would that be Salvia Columbariae? The beloved Chia Pet plant? I hear that the native tribes would eat the seeds when running from their village to another. It was supposed to give them energy. Not the case here. Cha Cha Cha Chia!!!
    It's only skin, it'll grow back!!

Save the drama for your mama!!!

Porkchop Sandwiches!

sixsixtysix
    [QUOTE=SPIDERS]
    Quote Originally Posted by sixsixtysix
    I wonder if it would be anything like driving on Salvia.QUOTE]

Would that be Salvia Columbariae? The beloved Chia Pet plant? I hear that the native tribes would eat the seeds when running from their village to another. It was supposed to give them energy. Not the case here. Cha Cha Cha Chia!!!

Pretty sure the Salvia that is smoked is Salvia Divinorum, which is a type of sage plant.

mtbr member
    hilarious!

Don't believe the Hype...
    Wow...any post about smoking a little grass and riding a ton of people chime in about how bad that is. And nothing about this? I'm impressed!
    Made with real bits of Panther, so you know it's good...

www.krackedskulls.com
    use promo code "lucky" for 5% off

sixsixtysix
    What's that boy?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Mike-e
    Quote Originally Posted by sixsixtysix
    What's that boy?

Turkey Chees Fries!

sixsixtysix
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike-e
    Turkey Chees Fries!
    You asked for it...

Mike-e
    HAHAHA!! Never gets old

Master Gardener
    Puffing weed and riding will slow you way down and make you dangerous. Come ride with us and we'll show you.

Elitest thrill junkie
    That may be, but somehow I managed to hit the friggin fence/gate at the end of 332 and flip over and land on my head. It's as if I never had a choice about it....destiny.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

Master Gardener
    You were BAKED when you split off from us!!

[kidding, I've never smoked with Jayem folks.]

Members who have read this thread: 0