Trip to Tucson: one week of solid riding?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2009

Trip to Tucson: one week of solid riding?

I'm putting together a family vacation to AZ, which means MTBers (my wife and I) plus non-riding family members in attendance. The timing is next December. We are all Canadians seeking midwinter sun..

Tucson seems a popular choice with the non-riders. Me, I'm pushing for Sedona because, having been there, I know there is good riding. I've had such amazing days in Sedona, especially riding the Big Friggen Loop and Triple H. Those are the kind of rides I like.

Is there lots of comparable riding in the Tucson area? A scan of the net says 'yes'. Confirmation appreciated. Also, any 'don't miss trails'?

Thanks!!!

Plus size jersey model
    There is more riding in Tucson then you can shake a hockey stick at. And if you like long xc/am type rides like the Sedona Big Loop we got you covered. There are big rides on the Arizona Trail and Lemmon to do. Or Can show yo a good time with big miles in the Torts or Tucson Mountain Park.

It was pretty nice this past December

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by bigworm520 View Post
    There is more riding in Tucson then you can shake a hockey stick at. And if you like long xc/am type rides like the Sedona Big Loop we got you covered. There are big rides on the Arizona Trail and Lemmon to do. Or Can show yo a good time with big miles in the Torts or Tucson Mountain Park.
    Nice pic, and this description sounds perfect... looking forward to next xmas already!!

I appreciate the info. May hit you up for more info next fall!

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    We like Sedona riding, but we LOVE Tucson riding. We are a little biased but we think Tucson is a pretty special place to ride bikes. Check out our FB page to get in on one of our social rides. We'd love to show you around. You may never go back to Sedona...

www.facebook.com/tucsontorca
    facebook.com/TucsonTORCA

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by bigworm520 View Post

It was pretty nice this past December

what trail is that?

Plus size jersey model
    AZmuchacho that is the Sweetwater trail in the west side of Tucson.

Captain Calico Jack
    nope riding sucks stay in canada, and tell all those other phux from canada, michigan, idaho and where ever else to stay in their own damn country. Snowbirds go home.

sonoranbiker
    Dec 2006
    Also check out TucsonMTB.com to hook up with other riders, SDMB.org for trail information, and the SAMBA meetup page for group rides.

You really can't go wrong with most of the trails down here. If you like technical riding, Bug Springs through Milagrosa is incredible. There is also a huge amount of techy goodness (and XC) at the 50 Year trail system. If you like long XC rides, you can't beat the Arizona Trail. Tucson Mountain Park/Robles Pass and Sweetwater Preserve are both great XC options closer to downtown.