Tucson, AZ

A Tribute to Mt Lemmon [pic heavy]

Some of these trails are not for the faint at heart. The unknown, technical rock sections and occasional hike-a-bike deter most riders from venturing to any trails above Green Mountain. Another good reason to ride on Lemmon...with 3 days of riding, no other mountain biker was seen outside our group.

Watching the sunset on Incinerator Ridge is my new favorite ride on Lemmon. It is a quick out-n-back with some amazing views of the Rincons/Tucson/San Pedro Valley and plenty of rock obstacles to keep your heart racing.

The next morning, we met at Bigelow to ride. Here is the sunset from camp.

We rode 1918 to Butterfly

to Crystal Springs (fire=temporary setback for nature)

popping out at the Control Rd and a quick out-n-back on Oracle Ridge to check out the views and current trail status

the elusive Mr. Topofusion joined us at Summerhaven to ride Aspen to Oktoberfest

before finishing at Oktoberfest at the Ski Valley.

Return to camp via Sunset and 1918.

A fine weekend by my standards. This weekend while riding Lemmon, I also came up with the next Mt Lemmon challenge ride... It needs a name (any ideas?), but here it is:

Milagrosa-Molino-Prison Camp-Bugs-Green-Incinerator-Butterfly-Crystal-Control Road-Oracle Ridge-Red-Ski Valley Rd-Lap on Meadows-Aspen-Sunset-1918-El Ceecreto-Bigelow-Green-Bugs-Prison-Molino-Milagrosa. [80ish miles, 20k+ of climbing]

Other Mt Lemmon Threads worth checking out....
    Samaniego
    Hardest 32 miles in AZ
    Pain
    Bikepacking to Gila
    Last edited by azepicriderandrunner; 09-27-2009 at 03:01 PM.

Occidental Tourist
    Nice pics. I do miss the Lemmon.
    This is just need to know information: Am i supposed to enjoy the irony or pity the sincerity?

Members who have read this thread: 0