Traveling to Flagstaff, hotel advice- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    10

    Traveling to Flagstaff, hotel advice

    Driving to flagstaff may5-9. Going to ride some trails around flagstaff and Sedona. Also going to check out the Grand Canyon. Looking for some recs on hotels. I'll have my bikes with me so looking for a decent nights sleep with somewhere to keep my bikes safe. Thanks!

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Eazy_E's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,564
    Don't stay at the Rodeway Inn at Rte 66 and 180. Place sucks.

    The America's Best Value Inn on Rte 66 isn't bad. Decent sized rooms, reasonable cost, close to an Albertsons.

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation: PhxBenK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    242
    Drury Inn and Suites is about the best in town, and not too expensive relative.
    You also get free drinks each night.
    Don't expect any rooms to be available on a walk in though, reserve ahead of time.

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation: RajunCajun44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,931
    I stayed at the Days Inn Route 66 the weekend of the old fashioned mt bike race. Cant complain. Cheap rates, nice room, good internet connection... slept like a baby.

    I once stayed a the embassy suites near the university and I hated it. Paper thin walls and lots of noise.

  5. #5
    No Clue Crew
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    6,121
    Echo the Drury. Pretty nice place, not too expensive. Book in advance.

  6. #6
    The .05 percent
    Reputation: sinatorj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    942
    Ski lift lodge at bottom of Snowbowl for the win. Ride from your room.
    Make Flagstaff RAD Again.

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation: cstem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    2,851
    Drury is my pick too. Great central location, no train noise, free drinks at happy hour, they did not mind that I drug my bike through the lobby to my room. AND-if you tell them you are staying because you are visiting someone at FLG Medical Center, they will cut you a discount. A Wednesday double room last week cost me $89.
    Vassago Cycles, Shadetree Bikes, Flat Tire Bikes, Galfer Brakes USA

  8. #8
    slower than you
    Reputation: rockychrysler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    1,179
    Quote Originally Posted by sinatorj View Post
    Ski lift lodge at bottom of Snowbowl for the win. Ride from your room.
    if i was coming in from out of town with the intention to ride, i'd pick Ski Lift Lodge, too.
    "May your trails be winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view." - Ed Abbey
    http://rockychrysler.com/

  9. #9
    Shift less, Pedal more.
    Reputation: Birdss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    521
    Off topic but anyone stay in room 212 at this Days Inn? It's haunted. I did and had an encounter. I had two nights there and let my buddy have the 2nd. I didn't tell him about it, and he had an encounter as well.

    Get 212 and tell me about it.
    I'd rather be hated for what I am, than loved for what I'm not......Dolemite.

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,356
    Quote Originally Posted by Birdss View Post
    Off topic but anyone stay in room 212 at this Days Inn? It's haunted. I did and had an encounter. I had two nights there and let my buddy have the 2nd. I didn't tell him about it, and he had an encounter as well.

    Get 212 and tell me about it.
    Tell us more. I love ghost stories.

    I have one from today, my white ghost has just died. I am now without a car.

    But seriously, what was the encounter? Any back story on room 212?

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    160
    check out airbnb.com. i've been researching places to stay in flag there because i think the hotels are all overpriced. the wife and i have stayed at a few places we found on airbnb, as well as my buddy who told me about it, and we've been happy with what we ended up with.

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    802
    Quote Originally Posted by madduck View Post
    check out airbnb.com. i've been researching places to stay in flag there because i think the hotels are all overpriced. the wife and i have stayed at a few places we found on airbnb, as well as my buddy who told me about it, and we've been happy with what we ended up with.
    Second this. My wife and I host in Flag (Kachina Village) on AirBnb and we definitely think it beats hotels. Stay in a sweet log cabin just two blocks from singletrack for the same rate as a crappy hotel room.

  13. #13
    Shift less, Pedal more.
    Reputation: Birdss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    521
    Quote Originally Posted by raisingarizona View Post
    Tell us more. I love ghost stories.

    I have one from today, my white ghost has just died. I am now without a car.

    But seriously, what was the encounter? Any back story on room 212?
    It happens around 3am. The door between the rooms opened up and a dark figure pokes it's head around the corner. No facial features, just a dark figure.

    I awoke, with my girlfriend to a door opening. The whole sound of the door knob twisting and the door opening. I looked in that direction and saw the figure looking back at me. And then the door closed. It didn't bother either of us and we went back to bed. Which we both thought was odd.

    The door did not open the way it was intended to either, it was as if the hinges were on the other side.

    When my buddy stayed the night, he had a girl visit and she left shortly after 3am, when she was leaving she saw the clock and mentioned, "Oh, it's the devil's hour." My buddy went to be afterwards and awoke to a door opening in his room, shrugged it off and went back to bed.

    No background that I know of.
    I'd rather be hated for what I am, than loved for what I'm not......Dolemite.

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    160
    Quote Originally Posted by jmctav23 View Post
    Second this. My wife and I host in Flag (Kachina Village) on AirBnb and we definitely think it beats hotels. Stay in a sweet log cabin just two blocks from singletrack for the same rate as a crappy hotel room.

    i have no idea if you can post your listing due to forum rules, but if you send me a pm i'd love to check out your location if i come up to ride.

    thanks, md

  15. #15
    Shift less, Pedal more.
    Reputation: Birdss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    521
    Quote Originally Posted by Birdss View Post
    It happens around 3am. The door between the rooms opened up and a dark figure pokes it's head around the corner. No facial features, just a dark figure.

    I awoke, with my girlfriend to a door opening. The whole sound of the door knob twisting and the door opening. I looked in that direction and saw the figure looking back at me. And then the door closed. It didn't bother either of us and we went back to bed. Which we both thought was odd.

    The door did not open the way it was intended to either, it was as if the hinges were on the other side.

    When my buddy stayed the night, he had a girl visit and she left shortly after 3am, when she was leaving she saw the clock and mentioned, "Oh, it's the devil's hour." My buddy went to be afterwards and awoke to a door opening in his room, shrugged it off and went back to bed.

    No background that I know of.
    Just wanted to clarify that the door that opens is the door between the rooms. This door locks from the inside and was locked in the morning when I checked.
    I'd rather be hated for what I am, than loved for what I'm not......Dolemite.

Similar Threads

  1. Flagstaff Advice
    By nmba guy in forum Arizona
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 05-23-2013, 12:37 PM
  2. Replies: 68
    Last Post: 04-25-2013, 07:19 AM
  3. Bike Summit - Hotel Advice Needed
    By Montana Bob in forum Trail Building and Advocacy
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-13-2012, 06:38 AM
  4. Advice for riding in Sedona and Flagstaff
    By ChipM in forum Arizona
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-03-2012, 08:24 PM
  5. Flagstaff to Sedona and back up to Flagstaff
    By BEATCOLLECTOR in forum Arizona
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-12-2011, 11:52 AM

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.