Traveling to Flagstaff, hotel advice- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Mar 2014

Traveling to Flagstaff, hotel advice

Driving to flagstaff may5-9. Going to ride some trails around flagstaff and Sedona. Also going to check out the Grand Canyon. Looking for some recs on hotels. I'll have my bikes with me so looking for a decent nights sleep with somewhere to keep my bikes safe. Thanks!

mtbr member
    Don't stay at the Rodeway Inn at Rte 66 and 180. Place sucks.

The America's Best Value Inn on Rte 66 isn't bad. Decent sized rooms, reasonable cost, close to an Albertsons.

mtbr member
    Drury Inn and Suites is about the best in town, and not too expensive relative.
    You also get free drinks each night.
    Don't expect any rooms to be available on a walk in though, reserve ahead of time.

mtbr member
    I stayed at the Days Inn Route 66 the weekend of the old fashioned mt bike race. Cant complain. Cheap rates, nice room, good internet connection... slept like a baby.

I once stayed a the embassy suites near the university and I hated it. Paper thin walls and lots of noise.

No Clue Crew
    Apr 2005
    Echo the Drury. Pretty nice place, not too expensive. Book in advance.

The .05 percent
    Ski lift lodge at bottom of Snowbowl for the win. Ride from your room.
    Make Flagstaff RAD Again.

mtbr member
    Drury is my pick too. Great central location, no train noise, free drinks at happy hour, they did not mind that I drug my bike through the lobby to my room. AND-if you tell them you are staying because you are visiting someone at FLG Medical Center, they will cut you a discount. A Wednesday double room last week cost me $89.
    Vassago Cycles, Shadetree Bikes, Flat Tire Bikes, Galfer Brakes USA

slower than you
    Quote Originally Posted by sinatorj View Post
    Ski lift lodge at bottom of Snowbowl for the win. Ride from your room.
    if i was coming in from out of town with the intention to ride, i'd pick Ski Lift Lodge, too.
    "May your trails be winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view." - Ed Abbey
    http://rockychrysler.com/

Shift less, Pedal more.
    Off topic but anyone stay in room 212 at this Days Inn? It's haunted. I did and had an encounter. I had two nights there and let my buddy have the 2nd. I didn't tell him about it, and he had an encounter as well.

Get 212 and tell me about it.
    I'd rather be hated for what I am, than loved for what I'm not......Dolemite.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Birdss View Post
    Off topic but anyone stay in room 212 at this Days Inn? It's haunted. I did and had an encounter. I had two nights there and let my buddy have the 2nd. I didn't tell him about it, and he had an encounter as well.

Get 212 and tell me about it.
    Tell us more. I love ghost stories.

I have one from today, my white ghost has just died. I am now without a car.

But seriously, what was the encounter? Any back story on room 212?

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    check out airbnb.com. i've been researching places to stay in flag there because i think the hotels are all overpriced. the wife and i have stayed at a few places we found on airbnb, as well as my buddy who told me about it, and we've been happy with what we ended up with.

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by madduck View Post
    check out airbnb.com. i've been researching places to stay in flag there because i think the hotels are all overpriced. the wife and i have stayed at a few places we found on airbnb, as well as my buddy who told me about it, and we've been happy with what we ended up with.
    Second this. My wife and I host in Flag (Kachina Village) on AirBnb and we definitely think it beats hotels. Stay in a sweet log cabin just two blocks from singletrack for the same rate as a crappy hotel room.

Shift less, Pedal more.
    Quote Originally Posted by raisingarizona View Post
    Tell us more. I love ghost stories.

I have one from today, my white ghost has just died. I am now without a car.

But seriously, what was the encounter? Any back story on room 212?
    It happens around 3am. The door between the rooms opened up and a dark figure pokes it's head around the corner. No facial features, just a dark figure.

I awoke, with my girlfriend to a door opening. The whole sound of the door knob twisting and the door opening. I looked in that direction and saw the figure looking back at me. And then the door closed. It didn't bother either of us and we went back to bed. Which we both thought was odd.

The door did not open the way it was intended to either, it was as if the hinges were on the other side.

When my buddy stayed the night, he had a girl visit and she left shortly after 3am, when she was leaving she saw the clock and mentioned, "Oh, it's the devil's hour." My buddy went to be afterwards and awoke to a door opening in his room, shrugged it off and went back to bed.

No background that I know of.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jmctav23 View Post
    Second this. My wife and I host in Flag (Kachina Village) on AirBnb and we definitely think it beats hotels. Stay in a sweet log cabin just two blocks from singletrack for the same rate as a crappy hotel room.

i have no idea if you can post your listing due to forum rules, but if you send me a pm i'd love to check out your location if i come up to ride.

thanks, md

Shift less, Pedal more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Birdss View Post
    It happens around 3am. The door between the rooms opened up and a dark figure pokes it's head around the corner. No facial features, just a dark figure.

I awoke, with my girlfriend to a door opening. The whole sound of the door knob twisting and the door opening. I looked in that direction and saw the figure looking back at me. And then the door closed. It didn't bother either of us and we went back to bed. Which we both thought was odd.

The door did not open the way it was intended to either, it was as if the hinges were on the other side.

When my buddy stayed the night, he had a girl visit and she left shortly after 3am, when she was leaving she saw the clock and mentioned, "Oh, it's the devil's hour." My buddy went to be afterwards and awoke to a door opening in his room, shrugged it off and went back to bed.

No background that I know of.
    Just wanted to clarify that the door that opens is the door between the rooms. This door locks from the inside and was locked in the morning when I checked.