Trails near Springerville?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Mar 2010

Trails near Springerville?

Working out of Show Low and Springerville all week. Last minute decision, just decided that my bike is going with me on this work assignment. Work will be done by 4:30-5:00 each day this week, riding after that for a few hours a night. Staying in Show Low Monday night, and in Springerville the rest of the week. I've never ridden the TOWM, but I can find a map of that easy enough, so I think I am good for Show Low. But Springerville? Never been there with the bike. Any trails I shouldn't miss? Thanks for any 411.

Besides Sunrise the only thing in the area is the Murray Basin System, just south of town. Get a map at the Forest Service office on Mountain Avenue in Springerville.

Give it a crank
    Try these trail maps from the folks at Arizona White Mountains

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    There isn't much in Springerville that I know of. The West side of Murray basin is pretty cool, but the East side is just a meadow and the trail is used so infrequently that it may be hard to follow.

There are better trails in Vernon, Show Low, Pinetop, etc. See Tracks for more info.

The best singletrack near Springerville is Land of the Pioneers in Vernon AFAIK.

See Tracks for more info: For Downloadable gpx map files click here

Edit 1: Oops, didn't see that the same link was posted above.

One more edit: Look at Strava, especially for LOP.

Just another half mile...

white mountains
    Quote Originally Posted by Epicrider View Post

mtbr member
    There are some pretty decent trails up by Big Lake which is only about a 20 min drive from Springerville. Indian springs would be good for a quick after work ride. Its only about 13 miles with minimal elevation gain.Strava Segment | Indian Springs w/Blk River Loop
    Another good one is to ride from Mexican hay lake down to the south fork camp ground. Sorry I couldn't find a map. I think its only around 10 mi one way but has about 2k worth of descending, works out best as a shuttle. Once you get down to the south fork you are rewarded with a few miles of fast flowing single track on the riverbank.
    Whichever trails you pick to ride up there offer excellent scenery and the elevation will give your lungs a beating

mtbr member
    Good beta! Thanks from me as I too work in that area from time to time. In fact- any of you WM riders know of the trail that runs alongside HWY 73 east of HWY 60/77 on the way into Whiteriver? I can see it from my van, it is singletrack mostly, and could be a cow track, but if it is, I wanna ride with those cows! It is on Reservation land so I would need permission obviously, but I can get that up there.
    Vassago Cycles, Shadetree Bikes, Flat Tire Bikes, Galfer Brakes USA

white mountains
    Quote Originally Posted by cstem View Post
    Good beta! Thanks from me as I too work in that area from time to time. In fact- any of you WM riders know of the trail that runs alongside HWY 73 east of HWY 60/77 on the way into Whiteriver? I can see it from my van, it is singletrack mostly, and could be a cow track, but if it is, I wanna ride with those cows! It is on Reservation land so I would need permission obviously, but I can get that up there.
    I ride many cow and deer trails up here. They are well maintained! I have seen the one you mentioned. I haven't been on it. Res trails are very restricted use and for me there is enough on the edge and beyond of the res so I stay clear. My wife is actually small part Native American and it's hard for her to even visit...