mtbr member

Trails around Tuscon

My parents have a place in the outskirts of Tuscon. I'm going to be visiting them around thanks giving and I'm going to be bringing my AM bike.

Does any one know if there is any riding to be had in this area. Here is a link to where their place is.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...17294&t=p&z=11

Plus size jersey model
    Tucson Mountain Park has all the riding you need and its not that far away. Then if you want to drive a little you have 50yr or Mount Lemmon.

http://tucsonmtb.com/modules.php?nam...=viewforum&f=6

sonoranbiker
    Dec 2006
    If you're here for Thanksgiving, SDMB has an annual Turkey Day Ride. It's a great way to burn some calories in preparation for the gluttony, drunkenness, and sloth that makes for a great Thanksgiving. Check in at SDMB.org shortly before Thanksgiving for an update.

Tucsonmtb.com is a great place to hook up for rides.

What part of town are you staying in?

mtbr member
    my parents have a vacation home out in the desert at the link posted above. I'm going to be staying there. In the past I've jumped on the dirt bike and headed out but this time i'm going for something a bit more inspiring.

Plus size jersey model
    We will be able to hook you up with some great riding. Just post up when you get here and we'll show you a good time.

suvlako
    Where are you from and what kind of riding do you like?? TMP is a lot of climbing and slow and go. If you are looking for something more AM, hit Bug springs to Molino Basin then Milagrosa for more fast and tech riding.

mtbr member
    Thanks guys. I live in socal and typically ride a mix of XC, AM and DH. 80% of what I ride is AM stuff. Fast and technical descents with about 1500-2500' of climbing on a normal day and 5-6 miles of DH.

That being said I have no problem doing XC style riding or anything like that. I just enjoy fresh dirt and a new back drop.

Plus size jersey model
    You have to hit Bugs/Prison/Millie while you are here it is a can't miss ride.

EDR
    Fast and technical descents with about 1500-2500'
    Quote Originally Posted by sikwoodbiker
    +1. You gotta work this in, or some variation of it.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by sikwoodbiker
    sounds like that's what i need to ride when i'm there. I know it's quite a ways out but any one feel like taking me out and showing me the area. If not does any one have a gps route i can dload to the garmin so i don't get lost?

thanks a ton for the help guys. I'm gettin pretty stoked on this.

Plus size jersey model
    Quote Originally Posted by minimusprime
    sounds like that's what i need to ride when i'm there. I know it's quite a ways out but any one feel like taking me out and showing me the area. If not does any one have a gps route i can dload to the garmin so i don't get lost?

thanks a ton for the help guys. I'm gettin pretty stoked on this.
    I would recommend that you ride it with someone who knows the course. That should be no shortage of people wanting to do this ride with ya. Here is a map http://singletrack.us/gallery/displa...album=59&pos=0 and I am sure someone has the gpx file maybe try over at tucsonmtb.com

suvlako
    When are you coming?? Call me as I would be happy to show you the Bug, Molino basin(prison), Millie. 5205911514

Art

Members who have read this thread: 0