Traildoc is on His What a Country Adventure- Mtbr.com
    banned

Traildoc is on His What a Country Adventure

Well my wife and I left Flafstaff yesterday after fixing the motor casa water heater and installing to NEw Trojan T125 Six Volt Coach Batteries. Matt at the battery store gave me a 15% good guy discount so the batteries only cost $331. Gas was $3.44 at Terrible Herbst in Kingman and $3.56 at the Pilot before Needles. It was $3.84 in Needles.

We rolled in Kernville aound 12:01 AM last night and I pulled over to stick the bikes in the coach before rolling into town. When I stopped along the road some friendly Kernvilleian called out and asked if I needed help.

I walked across the street and introduced myself as Convict John. He introduced himself as Mason John. Anyway after about 15 minutes of swaping lies, John told me why don't you just park at my place for the night? That worked for me.

In the morning my wife and I shuttled up with ten boy scouts to do the JO downhill. The boy scouts went the other direction. Going rafting tomorrow and hopefully doing the Canell Plunge on Friday.

What a Great Country we have
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Traildoc is on His What a Country Adventure-001a.jpg  

Traildoc is on His What a Country Adventure-002a.jpg  

Last edited by traildoc; 06-12-2012 at 06:43 PM.

mtbr member
    While in Flag, can you pick up TPS and take him with you.....please?

Have a great time!!!!!!!!!!!!111!!!!!!! And stay out of trouble.

Love,
    The Number 1 TD Hater.
    Nobody gives a s#$t you singlespeed.

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Casual Observer View Post
    While in Flag, can you pick up TPS and take him with you.....please?

Have a great time!!!!!!!!!!!!111!!!!!!! And stay out of trouble.

Love,
    The Number 1 TD Hater.
    Dear TD #1 Hater:

Thanks for the nice post. My wife is fixing fresh mushroom fried rice barbecue pork tonight, so life is good in Kernville. The Kern river is about 1/2 block away from our current parking spot so we will head down there for a swim later.

TD
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Traildoc is on His What a Country Adventure-005a.jpg  

mtbr member
    Just got back from a 10 mile ride, in 110 degree temps. Making quinoa, black bean mushroom stuff red peppers and shaved Brussel sprouts with drizzled maple syrup. Let's share recipes.

Life is good.
    Nobody gives a s#$t you singlespeed.

mtbr member
    TD,
    You and your wife have a great safe time on your travels.

nice pics
    Keep The Rubber Side Down

mtbr member
    I know one thing for certain. If I was on a 6 month MTB road trip, nobody on here would see me post a damn thing for 6 months...

I hope you get away from the computer, cell phones and civilization long enough to remember why you got so nutty over biking in the first place!
    The secret to mountain biking is pretty simple. The slower you go the more likely it is you’ll crash.
    - Julie Furtado

live long and huck
    Quote Originally Posted by Casual Observer View Post
    Just got back from a 10 mile ride, in 110 degree temps. Making quinoa, black bean mushroom stuff red peppers and shaved Brussel sprouts with drizzled maple syrup. Let's share recipes.

Life is good.
    Just got back from Outback, too tired to cook, worked my azz off today-again, no time to ride, boy I envy you guys.

Although I have to agree, life is good. I am planning to hit up Flag this weekend for a little jaunt through the Aspens.
    Low and slack.

mtbr member
    I see no hoes, maddoxes, saws, loppers, or shovels in any of your pics, TD. That's a GOOD thing.

Have fun and try not to piss off the local mounties.

skilldest©
    Quote Originally Posted by Centurion_ View Post
    I see no hoes, maddoxes, saws, loppers, or shovels in any of your pics, TD. That's a GOOD thing.

TD won't be there long enough for that. But I am willing to bet a shiny nickel he has tools of some kind... Keep moving TD.

banned

C:

Today I rode some of the most screwed up trails from a sustainability standpoint then any where else I have ever ridden. Whoever routed some of these trails certainly did not go to the Plumber Phil Trail Routing University. After working with Phil for three years I could have done a much superior job than the original trail builder did on some of these trails in Kernville. Their on the official map and have FS signage so they are legit trails.

Jennifer would have never allowed such irresponsible trail building in Sedona as to what I witnessed today. It was fun and challenging to ride, but it will never last.

The FS people here seem really nice, so I am having a good time. I will do a video of the Plunge for your viewing pleasure. Hopefully it isn't an erosion fest like today's ride.

TD

Multiple Lines Rock
    see, now you have something to do...
    git r done

mtbr member
    If those are the same trails I rode in '94, I'd say they were pretty sustainable, TD.

Additionally, transporting a female (your wife) across state lines (you're in California now) for immoral purposes (messing with perfectly good sustainable trails), will get the FBI on your back. Now if you think the Forest Service was bad...you ain't seen nuthin till you miss with those guys. I already have one friend doing federal time. He tells me it ain't no joke. Don't do it.

Give it a rest Big Fella You're on vacation.

banned
    If those are the same trails I rode in '94, I'd say they were pretty sustainable, TD.

Additionally, transporting a female (your wife) across state lines (you're in California now) for immoral purposes (messing with perfectly good sustainable trails), will get the FBI on your back. Now if you think the Forest Service was bad...you ain't seen nuthin till you miss with those guys. I already have one friend doing federal time. He tells me it ain't no joke. Don't do it.

Give it a rest Big Fella You're on vacation.
    C:

I doubt the trails I rode in Kernville yesterday were any of the trails you rode in 1994. If you think a deeply eroded fall line trail is sustainable you are mistaken. We ended up on Saw Mill Road if that helps to orientate you.

A large amount of the ride was down a ridge, that could have easily have had the trail routed on either side of the ridge line to allow fast moving water to be dumped out naturally on either side of the ridge. On the steep sloped sections there were very few grade reversals to allow for the natural shedding of fast moving water.

TD

Multiple Lines Rock
    perhaps you need help
    perhaps you need something else to do do
    perhaps you will accomplish your goal off affecting, sanitizing all of sedona trails for the 70%

perhaps you will not succeed
    perhaps you dont have the vigor needed to accomplish this task at your age
    perhaps you will get re-banned

either way, its fun as hell
    can you imagine my delight at the outcome of your case?

No, i dont think you can
    Last edited by Acrophobe; 06-19-2012 at 04:59 PM.

Members who have read this thread: 0