my knees hurt

Trail maintainance MMP Tues, April 3rd

A friend of mine just fowarded this to me:

DC Ranch Project
    Date: 04/03/07 7 :30 AM
    Category: Special Event

Details:

DC Ranch Project

This project, with the City of Scottsdale, is to clear a trail through DC Ranch which will eventually connect to the trails in the Preserve. We will be raking, clearing plants, pruning, and doing other general trail buliding. We will be meeting at the DC Ranch Homestead Community Center parking lot at 7:30 (9797 E. Union Hills Drive), breaking into four groups, and working until noon. The City of Scottsdale will provide tools and DC Ranch will be providing lunch at the Villages Health Club. Please come prepared for working outside - gloves, hats, water, power bars, etc. If you can make it, please contact [email protected]

From what I understood it will be connecting two trails somewhere out in the Wingate area...Sounds like it will be fun, trail maintainance that I have done in the past was.... I will have to see if I can get some time off on Tuesday.....anyone else???
    BELIEVE
    Imagine what you could achieve if you knew you would not fail.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    Thanks for the info. An "authorized" access point north of 104th/Bell would be excellent -- I am going to try my best to get off work.

I'm very curious to see if they are going to start to improve the connector east of the Village club (off the cul-de-sac in that Silverleaf community), the one up Beardsley Wash to Windgate Pass (travels by the catch-and-release pond), the saddle down from Tom's Thumb, or some other route.

Not that I've actually ridden these, ahem

Members who have read this thread: 0