Trail day in Flag... for DH trails sake!!!- Mtbr.com
    The .05 percent

Trail day in Flag... for DH trails sake!!!

So I know it is late in the week and most people have weekend plans, but for those of you who are planning on being in Flag for the weekend riding, shopping, drinking, or just loitering there is a Forest Service sanctioned work day on Elden. Why is this important and why should you care? Well there is a big push by the powers that be to go legit on the gravity scene here in FLag. Many of you spend lots of time in the back of a pickup riding the BEST trail network in the state, and now is your chance to help be part of the next big step. The work day will concentrate on Upper Oldham, currently the only Legal DH trail on the mountain. Interested parties should meet at the end of the pavement on Elden lookout at 8:30. So take some time and give back a little. I know I will be there along with many of the other suspects in the area.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    I'll be there!

Elitest thrill junkie
    Damn, short notice, but I like the idea. Upper Oldham has been a trainwreck for a while, just not fun to ride.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

The .05 percent
    hopefull there will be an opportunity in the future to re-route that section of trail and bring it a little up to date and more on the level with the other trails on the mountain. Bring bikes go for a spin when it is done.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayem
    Damn, short notice, but I like the idea. Upper Oldham has been a trainwreck for a while, just not fun to ride.

eye of the beholder. Oldham is dialed.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by sinatorj
    So I know it is late in the week and most people have weekend plans, but for those of you who are planning on being in Flag for the weekend riding, shopping, drinking, or just loitering there is a Forest Service sanctioned work day on Elden. Why is this important and why should you care? Well there is a big push by the powers that be to go legit on the gravity scene here in FLag. Many of you spend lots of time in the back of a pickup riding the BEST trail network in the state, and now is your chance to help be part of the next big step. The work day will concentrate on Upper Oldham, currently the only Legal DH trail on the mountain. Interested parties should meet at the end of the pavement on Elden lookout at 8:30. So take some time and give back a little. I know I will be there along with many of the other suspects in the area.
    Saturday? Sunday? Both?

The .05 percent
    work day is Sunday 8:30 am. Ride afternoon. Upper Oldham in current form is dated and sucks. go fast hit brakes, make switch back, repeat. Not too progressive. Currently most trails up here are best ridden off the brakes, using reverse grade to keep speed in check, rather than piling on brakes and skidding into a switch back. Times have changed and trails such as Upper Oldham and others could use a re-engineering. Just my .02

bland
    Quote Originally Posted by assgrinder
    eye of the beholder. Oldham is dialed.
    so dialed = sucks? I'm in, I'll try out this legal trail work stuff.

Members who have read this thread: 0