Trail conditions in Flagstaff?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Mar 2008

Trail conditions in Flagstaff?

Will probably be in Flagstaff for a few days around 10/19 but noticed that there was chance of snow with some of the coming storms. Are the trails going to be starting to move towards poor riding conditions and should I be looking to go down to Prescott or Sedona instead?

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdole View Post
    Will probably be in Flagstaff for a few days around 10/19 but noticed that there was chance of snow with some of the coming storms. Are the trails going to be starting to move towards poor riding conditions and should I be looking to go down to Prescott or Sedona instead?
    Yes

mtbr member
    May 2007
    It's October 5th, way to soon to predicit what the trail conditions will be in 2 weeks. Snow is forecasted for Thursday and we did get a fair amount of rain yesterday but it's going to be close to 60 on the weekend. Keep in the loop on current conditions as your trip gets close. You might be able to ride all three areas, the Norte Arizona Trifecta

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    It's probably going to be super sick unless we see a good amount of snow below 9000 ft. I don't think we will but it's hard saying without knowing.

My other ride is your mom
    Quote Originally Posted by raisingarizona View Post
    It's probably going to be super sick unless we see a good amount of snow below 9000 ft. I don't think we will but it's hard saying without knowing.
    Shame on you! This is the time of year when you need to start thinking about that Ullr festival and find a good pair of kids size Olin's, throw it in a trash can and Cover it in Gas and Set it on Fire!!!!

Last edited by Maadjurguer; 10-05-2011 at 08:49 PM.

slower than you
    No.
    "May your trails be winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view." - Ed Abbey
    http://rockychrysler.com/

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    it may be best to stay away from Flagstaff. It's either too dusty, too muddy, too cold and most of the time the locals are big fat jerks.

slower than you
    Quote Originally Posted by capt.balljack View Post
    it may be best to stay away from Flagstaff. It's either too dusty, too muddy, too cold and most of the time the locals are big fat jerks.
    because i answered his yes-or-no question with a NO. is that what makes us jerks?

i invite you to elaborate, captain.
    "May your trails be winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view." - Ed Abbey

My other ride is your mom
    Quote Originally Posted by rockychrysler View Post
    because i answered his yes-or-no question with a NO. is that what makes us jerks?

based on his join date and 1 post....you'll have to wait until next year for a response....so in the interest of brevity....make something up

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    maybe.... lemme ask you this... if yer not an a-hole, and you live in flagstaff, will you ever really fit in?

slower than you
    maybe.... lemme ask you this... if yer not an a-hole, and you live in flagstaff, will you ever really fit in?
    obviously.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    You are SO right so go ahead and **** YOURSELF!!!!!!

slower than you

cap'n balljack is TPS.

The .05 percent
    I prefer to be labeled as a local A$#HOLE, thank you.
    Make Flagstaff RAD Again.

mtbr member
    May 2007

Rocky, chill dude, I don't think the Captain was picking on you specifically, more like a general observation. I thought you'd be in a great mood with the white stuff falling from the sky. 2 Wheels Good

mtbr member
    obviously.
    ya think? What gave you that impression?

(AND I'M ****ING BEING SARCASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
    Nobody gives a s#$t you singlespeed.

mtbr member
    May 2007

cap'n balljack is TPS.

The good Captain is not TPS, that much is certain

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Good thread

Thanks for the info guys Ill keep an eye on it getting closer to the actual dates of arrival

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    It cracks me up how an innocent thread from and out of towner wondering about Flagstaff riding conditions seems to always turn into some local debate and thread for haters. People that post these threads must think that Flag is a pretty strange place.

slower than you
    Quote Originally Posted by elrancho66 View Post
    The good Captain is not TPS, that much is certain

cap'n balljack is elrancho66?

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    To get us back on track, is the AZ Trail from the bottom of Snowbowl road to Aspen Corner complete yet?

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    Yes.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by raisingarizona View Post
    It cracks me up how an innocent thread from and out of towner wondering about Flagstaff riding conditions seems to always turn into some local debate and thread for haters. People that post these threads must think that Flag is a pretty strange place.
    Nah. They probably think AZ is a weird place. You always get some goofy a$$ responses when asking about trail conditions!
    The secret to mountain biking is pretty simple. The slower you go the more likely it is you’ll crash.
    - Julie Furtado

The .05 percent
    Anyone else catch the Jeep 100 yards off the road just above the entrance to Lower Wasabi. closed the road for hours on Sat.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by sinatorj View Post
    Anyone else catch the Jeep 100 yards off the road just above the entrance to Lower Wasabi. closed the road for hours on Sat.

Yea, that guy should thank his lucky stars and his custom roll cage. I'd estimate he rolled at least ten times. Almost had the jeep back on the road and the tow truck winch broke.

The .05 percent
    Quote Originally Posted by jessh510 View Post
    Yea, that guy should thank his lucky stars and his custom roll cage. I'd estimate he rolled at least ten times. Almost had the jeep back on the road and the tow truck winch broke.
    I left before the fun started, but I figured they would need more than that Tacoma and another jeep to winch him up. Asked his bro if he had a winch on his Jeep at the bottom. His anwser was no, never needed one before.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by elrancho66 View Post
    Rocky, chill dude, I don't think the Captain was picking on you specifically, more like a general observation. I thought you'd be in a great mood with the white stuff falling from the sky. 2 Wheels Good
    Hey, you deal will kids all day and try to be cool.......

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by sinatorj View Post
    I left before the fun started, but I figured they would need more than that Tacoma and another jeep to winch him up. Asked his bro if he had a winch on his Jeep at the bottom. His anwser was no, never needed one before.
    Why would he? Having owned a vehicle with a winch, 90% or better it is used on other people...but there's always that one day where you're glad you had it...
    The secret to mountain biking is pretty simple. The slower you go the more likely it is you’ll crash.
    - Julie Furtado

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by woahey View Post
    Why would he? Having owned a vehicle with a winch, 90% or better it is used on other people...but there's always that one day where you're glad you had it...
    it was a custom rock crawling rig. Lots of them have winches. Go figure, rolled driving down a road.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jessh510 View Post
    it was a custom rock crawling rig. Lots of them have winches. Go figure, rolled driving down a road.
    If you look at the statistics, that's dead on. Its the same with biking too. You finish a gnarly section of trail, get on something easy and let your guard down. That's when you get bit in the @$$. I've witnessed a couple of Jeep roll overs in that situation. I know a guy who broke his neck biking- same thing. Should be a reminder to kick back and relax when at home with an icy cold beer in hand.
    - Julie Furtado

pedaller
    Flag trails are awesome right now! This weekend should be good for fall colors too.
    "Nobody ever told me not to try" - Curious George Soundtrack by Jack Johnson