Trail 100 DH Sections- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 28 of 28
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation: dh'n az's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    67

    Trail 100 DH Sections

    Went to trail100 yesterday and got a few shots of some downhill areas up on the mountain.

    from Tanner Wittman on Vimeo.


  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation: KavuRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    4,745
    That last one you're running down is fun.

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Casual Observer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    9,211
    Quote Originally Posted by dh'n az
    Went to trail100 yesterday and got a few shots of some downhill areas up on the mountain.

    from Tanner Wittman on Vimeo.

    Nice editing skills. What animation software did you use, as everybody knows there are no "DH sections" at T100?

    BTW, were you riding with a guy with a Rasta-colored helmet?
    Nobody gives a s#$t you singlespeed.

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation: KavuRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    4,745
    Quote Originally Posted by skinny-tire
    Nice editing skills. What animation software did you use, as everybody knows there are no "DH sections" at T100?

    BTW, were you riding with a guy with a Rasta-colored helmet?
    There aren't.
    If that section was like 4X as long, then it would be a lot more fun.

    Cool vid tho.

  5. #5
    PMP,TAN,LAUNDRY
    Reputation: azdog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    4,284
    Quote Originally Posted by KavuRider
    There aren't.
    If that section was like 4X as long, then it would be a lot more fun.

    Cool vid tho.
    Shut the front door.
    Bender to AZDog: I'm not the best person to give advice on not riding!

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation: KavuRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    4,745
    Quote Originally Posted by azdog
    Shut the front door.
    Next time we hit T100 we should go do that section, its fun. Your 36 will love it. Its right off Cave Creek...

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation: dh'n az's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    67
    Quote Originally Posted by skinny-tire
    Nice editing skills. What animation software did you use, as everybody knows there are no "DH sections" at T100?

    BTW, were you riding with a guy with a Rasta-colored helmet?
    Nope, I was riding with the person w/ the black/white demo 8 & has a black helmet

    also there are a few downhill-like spots, but they're very short as you see in the video, they're not like somo length, of course. I thought there wasn't any dh either till I went exploring off of the t100

    this was the person (brother), lot faster than me

    Last edited by dh'n az; 04-21-2010 at 02:18 PM.

  8. #8
    PMP,TAN,LAUNDRY
    Reputation: azdog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    4,284
    Quote Originally Posted by KavuRider
    Next time we hit T100 we should go do that section, its fun. Your 36 will love it. Its right off Cave Creek...
    I'm down. We still need to try that section that you hiked.
    Bender to AZDog: I'm not the best person to give advice on not riding!

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation: KavuRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    4,745
    Quote Originally Posted by azdog
    I'm down. We still need to try that section that you hiked.
    That's it.

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation: 'size's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    2,103
    Quote Originally Posted by KavuRider
    Next time we hit T100 we should go do that section, its fun. Your 36 will love it. Its right off Cave Creek...
    you happen to have a description or map of where off cave creek you're talking about?
    the last section in the vid looks familiar but i can't place it.

  11. #11
    Downhill Messiah
    Reputation: tgiles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    493
    Next time you're out there, look for the little rock drop/jump thing on the right at the top of the rocky ass hill. Here's a clip.

    You should ride the big hill to the right of the rocky dh too, it's mad fun, it's the last clip in the vid.




    Madspeed always prevails!

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation: dh'n az's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    67
    nice video, we saw that drop, but we didn't have enough time to do it since we were hiking back up then down the mtn to leave. gonna try it next time

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation: dh'n az's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    67
    Quote Originally Posted by 'size
    you happen to have a description or map of where off cave creek you're talking about?
    the last section in the vid looks familiar but i can't place it.
    Hopefully you can see the red line. You go from N Cave Creek Rd then turn onto E CortezSt. Ride up the paved road then turn left onto the trail that goes up the mtn. the areas right by the water tank


  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Casual Observer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    9,211
    Quote Originally Posted by dh'n az
    Hopefully you can see the red line. You go from N Cave Creek Rd then turn onto E CortezSt. Ride up the paved road then turn left onto the trail that goes up the mtn. the areas right by the water tank

    That's not what they call Widow maker or Disneyland, is it?
    Nobody gives a s#$t you singlespeed.

  15. #15
    Shred...it's the new drug
    Reputation: latedropbob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,844
    you guys are ripping!!! you should come out for some wed. mornin' shuttles, you'll fit right in!!!

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation: dh'n az's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    67
    Quote Originally Posted by latedropbob
    you guys are ripping!!! you should come out for some wed. mornin' shuttles, you'll fit right in!!!
    we were actually just talking about how we should've done the shuttle this morning. I'm hoping to snag a v10 so I don't have to ride my super rough kona on holbert. Speaking of the shuttle, how packed does it get? Do some riders have to wait turns for the shuttle?
    Last edited by dh'n az; 04-30-2010 at 11:03 PM.

  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation: KavuRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    4,745
    Just rode those two sections again tonight.
    So much fun. That 2nd one, boy, you can sure carry some speed off that one.

  18. #18
    Shred...it's the new drug
    Reputation: latedropbob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,844
    wed. shuttles usually have plenty of room now that we have the 15 passenger van...come on out!!!

  19. #19
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    188
    Quote Originally Posted by dh'n az
    we were actually just talking about how we should've done the shuttle this morning. I'm hoping to snag a v10 so I don't have to ride my super rough kona on holbert. Speaking of the shuttle, how packed does it get? Do some riders have to wait turns for the shuttle?
    if yours talking about the wednesday morning shuttles at SOMO then no, I have never had to wait my turn, just make sure you bring gas money and you will be good.

  20. #20
    mtbr member
    Reputation: 'size's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    2,103
    Quote Originally Posted by dh'n az
    Hopefully you can see the red line. You go from N Cave Creek Rd then turn onto E CortezSt. Ride up the paved road then turn left onto the trail that goes up the mtn. the areas right by the water tank

    gotcha - i know where it is, just never went up top to ride down.
    there is another fun short DH section just southwest of that starting point - if i get time later i'll post up a pic of where it is. it's not way off the main trails but i've only ever seen a few other peeps riding it.

  21. #21
    mtbr member
    Reputation: dh'n az's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    67
    Did t100 today and got some more shots






  22. #22
    mtbr member
    Reputation: 'size's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    2,103
    short section:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Trail 100 DH Sections-t100-dh.jpg  


  23. #23
    Downhill Messiah
    Reputation: tgiles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    493
    Quote Originally Posted by dh'n az
    Did t100 today and got some more shots






    Nice pics dude! I never thought about riding down from that rocky area. Looks like way more of a straight shot, although rounding that corner at high speeds is a blast. Looks like i need to make a trip out there to try that line out.
    Madspeed always prevails!

  24. #24
    mtbr member
    Reputation: dh'n az's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    67
    gots a video too


  25. #25
    Downhill Messiah
    Reputation: tgiles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    493
    Nice dude, but you stole my angle on the drop! Looks goood man, your bro looks pretty fast.
    Madspeed always prevails!

  26. #26
    Shred...it's the new drug
    Reputation: latedropbob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,844
    That airplane effect at the beginning of the video was a nice touch. Nice to see some peeps ripping up the northside!

  27. #27
    mtbr member
    Reputation: dh'n az's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    67
    That actually was a real airplane

  28. #28
    Shred...it's the new drug
    Reputation: latedropbob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,844
    No way... I thought that was the sound of you taking off down that trail. Vrooooooooom! Keep them vids coming!!!

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.