Trail 100- Mtbr.com

Thread: Trail 100

Blood, Sweat, and Gears

Trail 100

My son and I went to PMP for the first time today. We started at 40th Street parking lot and headed east to about Cave Creek. Nice weather, nice people and a great ride. The only issue we had was we missed the cutoff to go back to the parking area and rode a mile to the east to far before we realized it............... my fault

There is certainly something at PMP for everyone, hills, rocks, loose, DH.

I will be hitting Deems tomorrow solo because my son starts back at school from winter break.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fletch 1
    My son and I went to PMP for the first time today. We started at 40th Street parking lot and headed east to about Cave Creek. Nice weather, nice people and a great ride. The only issue we had was we missed the cutoff to go back to the parking area and rode a mile to the east to far before we realized it............... my fault

There is certainly something at PMP for everyone, hills, rocks, loose, DH.

I will be hitting Deems tomorrow solo because my son starts back at school from winter break.
    Nice job....but I think you you headed west from the 40th lot.
    Nobody gives a s#$t you singlespeed.

Blood, Sweat, and Gears
    You are correct. Thx

Bloodied but Unbowed
    Cool. Sounds like you had some fun. If you want to explore some more at PMP, let me know and we can check out a few other trails in the area.

Mike and I played at Deem Hills on Friday. That was a lot of fun too.

Blood, Sweat, and Gears
    Thanks DesertCrawler I will take you up on that. I just got back from Deems tonight and just barely made it off before the sun went down, I was trying to hurry because I have no lights. One of these days I will have to invest so I can attend one of the Tuesday night rides with Rob and the usual gang up there. I thought I was doing decent tonight until I got passed by a 15 year old looking kid going uphill . Lol

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    I was there today as well. There was a helicopter land in the middle of pmp just before dark and northwest of 40th street parking lot. I was curious if anyone new why?

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    I almost forgot. Yesterday was weird to. 4 fighters just kept circling the city?

Bloodied but Unbowed
    Quote Originally Posted by bmaster7
    I was there today as well. There was a helicopter land in the middle of pmp just before dark and northwest of 40th street parking lot. I was curious if anyone new why?
    I did not see it land, but saw it approach and depart as it flew right over top of me at low altitude.

Maybe someone needed a potty break.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Fletch 1
    Thanks DesertCrawler I will take you up on that. I just got back from Deems tonight and just barely made it off before the sun went down, I was trying to hurry because I have no lights. One of these days I will have to invest so I can attend one of the Tuesday night rides with Rob and the usual gang up there. I thought I was doing decent tonight until I got passed by a 15 year old looking kid going uphill . Lol

Quote Originally Posted by DesertCrawler
    Cool. Sounds like you had some fun. If you want to explore some more at PMP, let me know and we can check out a few other trails in the area.

Mike and I played at Deem Hills on Friday. That was a lot of fun too.

I wanna too! pick me pick me! ( 40th st )

Id actually like to get out to Deems and play around as well...Im off sat the 15th and might be able to get away and ride...so let me know if you guys are planning anything...
    Last edited by AZG23; 01-04-2011 at 09:39 PM.

Give it a crank
    Quote Originally Posted by bmaster7
    I saw it circle around then land in the middle of a clearing for a few seconds. Then it took off with a good climb rate. I had a good view from the top of what some call Gray Hill where all MTB'ers at PMP today seemed to have converged by chance. Didn't see anyone on the ground near the chopper. It looked like a practice touch-and-go on a boring day for the crew.

Bloodied but Unbowed
    Quote Originally Posted by AZG23
    I wanna too! pick me pick me! ( 40th st )

Id actually like to get out to Deems and play around as well...Im off sat the 16th and might be able to get away and ride...so let me know if you guys are planning anything...

My calendar says January 16th, 2011 is a Sunday. If so I am probably up for whatever. Saturday rides are a bit more difficult, but can be done. I like Deem Hills -- lots of climbing that kicks my butt rewarded with some fun descents. It'd also be fun to show you around PMP from the 40th lot.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    My calendar says January 16th, 2011 is a Sunday. If so I am probably up for whatever. Saturday rides are a bit more difficult, but can be done. I like Deem Hills -- lots of climbing that kicks my butt rewarded with some fun descents. It'd also be fun to show you around PMP from the 40th lot.

Ive done that twice now...I KNOW its the 15th!! Ill edit the post..yeah SAT the 15th. And yes sir..I wanna do the tour of 40th st for sure....jsut gotta make sure we ditch Drew again so he doesnt show us up!

Bloodied but Unbowed
    Ive done that twice now...I KNOW its the 15th!! Ill edit the post..yeah SAT the 15th. And yes sir..I wanna do the tour of 40th st for sure....jsut gotta make sure we ditch Drew again so he doesnt show us up!
    He ditched me today, and I am certain he showed me up even though I wasn't even on his ride, so he's got both bases covered, I'd say. He's cool that way.

mtbr member
    The fighter jets were for Jan brewer getting swarm in.
    Racing is life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting.

96 Huffy Dr. Shock
    01 Magna girls hybrid

"No Clue Crew"
    I will hunt you down!

He ditched me today, and I am certain he showed me up even though I wasn't even on his ride, so he's got both bases covered, I'd say. He's cool that way.
    I'd never ditch anyone on purpose.... unless they wear camo shorts to ride bikes. You know who you are..........Drew

Blood, Sweat, and Gears
    Sunday the 16th would probably work for me because I don't get back in town from a biz trip until the eve of the 15th. Normally I can be more flexible so if I miss this one I will catch you guys next time. I like Deems or PMP but I want to check out BCT some time before things heat up again, maybe we can set something up for a February ride up there.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    LOL.....someday we will ride together Drew. It might be like DC and be riding seperate trails at the same time!! But we will ride together hahahahhaahaa!

Bloodied but Unbowed
    Quote Originally Posted by Grave9
    I'd never ditch anyone on purpose.... unless they wear camo shorts to ride bikes. You know who you are..........Drew
    I dodged a bullet! I almost ordered some on sale camo riding shorts because they were too good a deal. Phew!

Guess I will just have to stick with my camo unmentionables for now. Which begs the question, if they are unmentionable, why are they mentioned? Hrmm...

Members who have read this thread: 0