Trail 100- Mtbr.com

Thread: Trail 100

mtbr member
    Mar 2010

Trail 100

On a short vacation and plan to ride Trail 100. Enjoy intermed. singletrack. Can someone pls. recommend a route to connect the best trails in this area (about a 20 miles), preferrably up easier trails and down more tech. trails. Is there a local bike shop in Scottsdale that might sell a map? I've seen the online one, but can't print from where i'm staying.
    Thanks!

mtbr member
    I would suggest you park at the 40th street or Dreamy Draw lots. There are miles and miles of superb trails between Hwy 51 and Tatum Ave. There are lots of maps in other threads, just do a search for T100 and you'll run across them. You can't really get lost if you stay in that area, so just explore, as a lot of the trails aren't even marked with trail numbers. Generally, T100 is pretty tame. From 1A, you can take Voaz or Irregular Link over the ridge to the south, toward Squaw Peak, and find some nice techy sections.
    "Confidence is the feeling you have before you fully understand the situation".

Chunky Monkey

Suz,

To bad you can not print. There are many good shops in Scottsdale one being Landis. They may not have printed maps however. If you have the transportation try Slippery Pig on Camelback and Central. They do T-100 rides every Wednesday night. Ask for George or Misha, they are both choads but great to deal with. Hope you have a great time while in town.

http://slipperypigbikes.com/

5036 N. Central Ave.
    Phoenix, AZ 85012

Tx,
    John
    Lurkers Unite! Never mind....

Trail Monger
    What is a "choad"?

Members who have read this thread: 0