mtbr member
    Aug 2009

Tour of White Mountain Race

Looking to do the "Tour of White Mountain" race as our first race. Is this a good race? We are planning on camping and looking for any advise? What to bring, good spot to ask for, etc..? Any advise would be a great help??

AZ
    banned
    Bring gear for all weather conditions , the weather changes every 10 minutes or so . I dont have any specific advice on camping spots , sorry .

Edit: 35 miler is a great first race. If you are not used to altitude , spending a couple of days acclimating could be helpful.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by mtanner
    Looking to do the "Tour of White Mountain" race as our first race. Is this a good race? We are planning on camping and looking for any advise? What to bring, good spot to ask for, etc..? Any advise would be a great help??
    Hey Mtanner welcome to MTBR, I'm also looking at doing T.O.W.M. race as well, there was some discussion about this years race here: http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=545647

Also you can get some detail information of the race and camping options here if you haven't already checked this site out. http://www.epicrides.com/towm/towm.htm

This is also going to be my first race, I'm looking at doing the 65mi option but I haven't committed yet I'm considering doing the 35mi option. Good luck to you man
    “Ride as much or as little, or as long or as short as you feel. But ride.” ~ Eddy Merckx

Tucson, AZ
    Great vibe, great race as a season opener. Bring your rain gear.

mtbr member
    This will be my first race as well! I will be trying the 35 mile as the 65 is way too long. The folks I'm heading up with are doing the 65 and one of them is doing it on a single-speed... I still think he's insane.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Great first race choice! This was my first race as well, I entered into the 65 miler and it was blast! I broke my derailer on mile 55 the first year but that race is the reason i love racing like i do today.

Members who have read this thread: 0