Tomac at South Mountain with a group- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2009

Tomac at South Mountain with a group

Heard Johnny T was out hammering Nat Thursday am with a group. Anyone else hear this or run into them? Must be here to watch Eli race Supercross Sat night

DFL>DNF>DNS
    Quote Originally Posted by RBrady
    Heard Johnny T was out hammering Nat Thursday am with a group. Anyone else hear this or run into them? Must be here to watch Eli race Supercross Sat night
    I was at SoMo y'day afternoon about 3:30-ish and ran into a group of about 12 from the Tomac group. I had just finished climbing up Javelina & they were coming up from Mormon. Talked with Butch for a bit, cool guy.
    My Two Schillingsworth

Ultra Endurance Posters & More: Posters/T-shirts & Stuff

My other ride is your mom
    That must have been the large group we saw as we headed up natty...they were just hanging out at the intersection to Natty/Mormon above the fireroad, getting ready to head up to Javalina....since I was climbing, I never gave it a second mention as I climbed past them during their regroup....I thought it must have been some kind of guided tour or something...perhaps I should look up more often...I already missed Emily Batty this year.....

parenting for gnarness
    Quote Originally Posted by Maadjurguer
    That must have been the large group we saw as we headed up natty...they were just hanging out at the intersection to Natty/Mormon above the fireroad, getting ready to head up to Javalina....since I was climbing, I never gave it a second mention as I climbed past them during their regroup....I thought it must have been some kind of guided tour or something...perhaps I should look up more often...I already missed Emily Batty this year.....
    i was trying to figure out if they were a tour etc. cause they were kinda congregated in a choke point, and didnt appear to have too many AM or big bikes. i saw one guy on a tomac, but I wouldnt put that sort of thing together without Cliff Notes.
    YES to Scottsdale Prop 420
    Our Preserve, Our Taxes, Our Vote

mtbr member
    Probably a few of the Supercross riders (doubtful during season-most riding road right now) but I know a few of the mechanics and rig drivers from the series ride. And yes- JT is here to watch his son Eli in SX. This is the youngest Tomac's first season in professional supercross and he is like 16! He won he outdoor Pro debut last summer. Kis is gonna be fast just like dad- but with a motor! Can't wait to see him ride tomorrow.
    Vassago Cycles, Shadetree Bikes, Flat Tire Bikes, Galfer Brakes USA

mtbr member
    Tomac always has the mtb with him when he comes here, so not surprising he would be out tearing it up. Greg Hball Herbold is usually here mtbing when they are racing around Phoenix. I was at Speedworld last year when Eli was racing the pros for warmup to the AMA outdoor season. He was flying! got 7th? behind local pro Destry Abbott, in the WORCS #1 race....gnarly!
    John and Greg raced the expert class and battled most of their race. Great meeting those mtb racing legends that day and celebrating Eli's success.

mtbr member
    here's a vid I made last year of Tomac and the racing action at Speedworld #1 World Offroad Championship Series.

mtbr member
    Talked to those guys all riding the tomacs and they said they were from nebraska (I think)

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by RobZona
    Tomac always has the mtb with him when he comes here, so not surprising he would be out tearing it up. Greg Hball Herbold is usually here mtbing when they are racing around Phoenix. I was at Speedworld last year when Eli was racing the pros for warmup to the AMA outdoor season. He was flying! got 7th? behind local pro Destry Abbott, in the WORCS #1 race....gnarly!
    John and Greg raced the expert class and battled most of their race. Great meeting those mtb racing legends that day and celebrating Eli's success.
    I've known Destry since 8th grade. We graduated from Cactus High together. He raced for Husqvarna when we were in high school. He was fast then too.

DFL>DNF>DNS
    Quote Originally Posted by DankyCass
    Talked to those guys all riding the tomacs and they said they were from nebraska (I think)
    They did mention they were from Lincoln. Nebraska was what I assumed.
    My Two Schillingsworth

Ultra Endurance Posters & More: Posters/T-shirts & Stuff

mtbr member
    Tomac used to ride South mountain all the time.

It's a Sledgehammer.
    Sep 2005
    I did see John Tomac, shook his hand and said hello while he was waiting on javelina for some journalists. They were doing press days/demos for different groups of media folks all week long.

I was tickled to come up a hill and see john tomac sitting there quietly.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Ya we saw the whole group out there yesterday.

Elitest thrill junkie
    Ive seen his crew a few times on SoMo, even on highway 17. Never been interested in his bikes but cool to see them out there.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

suvlako
    Got a pic with him at the sx. Man his kid is fast! I guess the apple doesnt fall far from the tree. Saw Emily Batty( I think... She was cute as hell and in full trek kit and carbon trek bike) down here in Tucson on Thursday. Gotta love all things two wheels...

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    They were out here launching their new 29r. Sweet rig, similiar to the TallBoy and Pivot f/s 29rs. Two weeks of media and press. They also cruised up to Old Pueblo and Az Trail over the weekend.

Shred...it's the new drug
    saw them last wednesday morning on our shuttles...they were getting some shots as we all braaaaaaped by...

peep this you:
    http://www.pinkbike.com/news/tomac-s...ions-2011.html

Members who have read this thread: 0