Titanium frame repair in phoenix?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jul 2007

Titanium frame repair in phoenix?

I have a Paduano Caligalo 26in wheeled bike with XX1, custom ti integrated handlebar/Stem, ZTR podiums. I have enjoyed building this bike from frame up and ride it almost daily. Now I found a crack in the rear derailer hanger and of course makes shifting almost nonexistent. I need to replace the rear titanium dropouts. Does anybody know someone that can weld titanium bike frames into the Phoenix area? I contacted form cycles but they state their very busy. Any referrals/help would be greatly appreciated… Want to get out riding as soon as possible with this great weather. ThanksTitanium frame repair in phoenix?-fullsizerender-1-.jpgTitanium frame repair in phoenix?-fullsizerender.jpgTitanium frame repair in phoenix?-img_1658.jpg

Ahhh the pain....
    Davis Welding in Glendale.

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    You could try Vassago

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Contacted form cycles which uses Davis for all their framework and they are booked solid for weeks possibly more. Trying to find someone else… I have located in several titanium welders but no one that specializes in Bicycle frames.Vassago... Not really trying to break down the whole frame and send it out… I would like to try local.
    Thank you for all the suggestions anymore ideas are welcome. Btw, located titanium dropouts sold separately on paragon machine works… Great website for anyone with a titanium Frame

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by joe90 View Post
    Contacted form cycles which uses Davis for all their framework and they are booked solid for weeks possibly more. Trying to find someone else… I have located in several titanium welders but no one that specializes in Bicycle frames.Vassago... Not really trying to break down the whole frame and send it out… I would like to try local.
    Thank you for all the suggestions anymore ideas are welcome. Btw, located titanium dropouts sold separately on paragon machine works… Great website for anyone with a titanium Frame
    Vassago is local here they have a fabricating warehouse off the 17 and like deer valley rd. Ask for tom and say brandon told you you might be to help out. Toms a cool dude and local single speeder here

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Thanks I did go to their website and it wasn't clear where they're located and they didn't have a phone number or address. This time I did email. I did find out a blog they use another facility for their titanium work which is probably Davis welding… I think that's the only place that puts together titanium bike frames in Arizona. I'll see if they can help me.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Sam at Davis Welding is a magician when it comes to Ti. Worth the wait if he can do it for you.
    Because, one is never enough.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Thank you to everyone for your responses. I finally got in contact with Sam Davis of Davis welding he is hey busy guy and I've presented them with a difficult task. I feel the bike is in good hands and it will be done in a few weeks as he has his regular workflow to deal with. This is the first time I've had use the forms and post then I read her for almost 15 years now… Just taking in advice and responses. A lot of good people on here…
    I'll finish up the thread with a few pics of the repair and in explanation of how the repair went.

Ahhh the pain....
    Joe, Sam repaired my Lynskey a few years ago and did a phenomenal job...I'm sure he'll make your frame as good as new!

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Hey guys, just wanted to finish up this thread… Sam Davis did in fact finish up my bike frame. Not only did he fix my dropouts, but these welds are superb! Also, He deleted my rear Break bosses and cable stops (that were hitting my knees). Then he moved the Cable stops 2 more logical place. Oh, he also deleted the Cable stop for the front derailer as I use XX1. I put the bike back together have taken it for a few rides and everything works perfect. The whole bike has taken a much cleaner look. I didn't dropouts from paragon works, these are very robust and I don't ever see them failing. I'll probably be buried with this frame. lol
    If anybody needs any titanium work please go to Sam Davis. I almost went with another guy that welds titanium but he didn't have the equipment (bike jigs) or specific training that Sam has.

Ahhh the pain....
    Awesome Joe! Yeah, with Sam in town, I never worry about issues w Ti bikes...he can fix anything Ti.

mtbr member

Titanium frame repair in phoenix?

Sam Davis is the man!

mtbr member
    Is Davis welding still in business ?... phone number ?

Meatbomb

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    thanks, btw his shop is shut down / out of business for the time being... he said he does not know when he will be back up.

Ahhh the pain....
    Brian, did you crack one of your Ti frames?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybum View Post
    Brian, did you crack one of your Ti frames?
    The motobecane... but its a really small crack that follows the exterior of a weld on the seat post... I think I am going to ride it and keep an eye on it

ronniering guy
    Apr 2005

titanium crack repair

Quote Originally Posted by RajunCajun44 View Post
    The motobecane... but its a really small crack that follows the exterior of a weld on the seat post... I think I am going to ride it and keep an eye on it
    i'm a certified aerospace welder and used to do all repairs welding repairs for Fishy at the old Cactus bikes. He still brings me repairs every now and then. I've moved to PMP (Squaw Peak) area a few years ago. I can do Ti, used to be my specialty. 480 720 7900