Throwing stuff at riders- Mtbr.com
    My other ride is your mom

Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead! Throwing stuff at riders

On Friday night at about 9:20, August 29th; I was finishing up a night ride at Hawes and pedaling home through the Las Sendas neighborhood, heading eastbound on Saddleback, just east of Eagle Crest. That's when I heard a revving engine behind me...nothing too out of the ordinary, just kids throttling it up the hill on a Friday night...or so I thought. Then I felt the hit between my left shoulder and abdomen....just below my left armpit. Just about this time is when my eyes registered a large spray of liquid moving from the impact across my field of view, illuminated white by my HID. Then the laughter and the sight of a White Chevy Avalanche with Grey tones, AZ plate 653-YEC passing me by. Yeah....I stuck up my finger to let them know what I thought, but it was all over as fast as it started. After I lost sight of them around the corner, I decided to not turn into my street; but put it in the large chainring to head up the hill reasoning that I might get another look at these jacka$$es. My hunch was right. As I turned north off of Saddleback onto Mountain Ridge, I saw another cyclist and a different pickup truck stopped in the middle of the street. I rode up to them and asked if they had seen the truck throwing bottles at cyclist. The man on the bike told me that he had just been hit by something thrown from the same White Chevy Avalanche with Grey tones, AZ plate 653-YEC. The driver of the different pickup truck stopped with this other cyclist also confirmed that he had just witnessed a third incident of this same White Chevy Avalanche with Grey tones, AZ plate 653-YEC throw something at another group 5 minutes prior and had followed them to get the plate...he confirmed the plate. After sharing information, we witnessed a vehicle heading towards us. Since we were all in the street, we started to get out of the way to let this vehicle pass. This was when I yelled out that the vehicle heading towards us was this White Chevy Avalanche with Grey tones, AZ plate 653-YEC. The truck had to slow down to pass us, but we all tried in vain to block the driver nevertheless. The White Chevy Avalanche with Grey tones, AZ plate 653-YEC speed away.

I went home and called the police with this non-emergency....they don't really care...and I get it....they have child rapists to deal with. But hopefully the other two individuals also call up and at least get it into some sort of record. Which leaves me to this post....this is my record for lack of any action by Mesa PD. Again, I get the fact that this ranks near the bottom of concerns for a police department considering that no one was really hurt...but nevertheless, this is an assault and if it happens again, we can only hope no one is hurt either. So if you're out and about the Hawes area, cycling home and see a White Chevy Avalanche with Grey tones, AZ plate 653-YEC...watch for bottles around your head.

No Clue Crew
    Apr 2005
    Not to call out another agency, but what specifically was Mesa's response? Did they dispatch an officer or take a phone report? If you spoke to an officer are you willing to assist in prosecution of the offender? Would you be able to identify the driver of the vehicle and/or any passengers?

You're correct that it's not the crime of the century, but it's still a crime that could cause serious injury and a report should have been taken, based on your statements here. I don't work for Mesa, but feel free to hit me via PM if you need any info.
    d

mtbr member
    time to break out the louisville slugger.......f&%$kers.

they took the report over the phone, but then said they would send someone out...not sure why. No one came...not really surprised. I am willing to prosecute as well as the other individuals to whom I spoke with. Of course, I never saw the driver...so I'm SOL there.....I'm guessing without being able to ID the driver, there's not much which can be done despite the three separate accounts of an assault from the vehicle and then all of us seeing the vehicle together later in the evening as it sped past us. I'm not endorsing or encouraging vigilante justice here, but thought it worth posting.

Meatbomb
    That sucks... too bad you didn't get a description of the vehicle or a plate number and too bad no cops post on this site

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Maadjurguer
    they took the report over the phone, but then said they would send someone out...not sure why. No one came...not really surprised. I am willing to prosecute as well as the other individuals to whom I spoke with. Of course, I never saw the driver...so I'm SOL there.....I'm guessing without being able to ID the driver, there's not much which can be done despite the three separate accounts of an assault from the vehicle and then all of us seeing the vehicle together later in the evening as it sped past us. I'm not endorsing or encouraging vigilante justice here, but thought it worth posting.
    Why don't you try calling the Maricopa County Sheriff's department and let them know that the city of Mesa didn't do anything. They've had a public feud over immigration issues, so the Sheriff might want to get involved just to assert the supremacy of their office.
    "Thank you, God, for letting me have another day"
    The Milagro Beanfield War

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Sarcasm?

What's that smell?

mtbr member
    On Friday night at about 9:20, August 29th; I was finishing up a night ride at Hawes and pedaling home through the Las Sendas neighborhood, heading eastbound on Saddleback, just east of Eagle Crest. That's when I heard a revving engine behind me...nothing too out of the ordinary, just kids throttling it up the hill on a Friday night...or so I thought. Then I felt the hit between my left shoulder and abdomen....just below my left armpit. Just about this time is when my eyes registered a large spray of liquid moving from the impact across my field of view, illuminated white by my HID. Then the laughter and the sight of a White Chevy Avalanche with Grey tones, AZ plate 653-YEC passing me by. Yeah....I stuck up my finger to let them know what I thought, but it was all over as fast as it started. After I lost sight of them around the corner, I decided to not turn into my street; but put it in the large chainring to head up the hill reasoning that I might get another look at these jacka$$es. My hunch was right. As I turned north off of Saddleback onto Mountain Ridge, I saw another cyclist and a different pickup truck stopped in the middle of the street. I rode up to them and asked if they had seen the truck throwing bottles at cyclist. The man on the bike told me that he had just been hit by something thrown from the same White Chevy Avalanche with Grey tones, AZ plate 653-YEC. The driver of the different pickup truck stopped with this other cyclist also confirmed that he had just witnessed a third incident of this same White Chevy Avalanche with Grey tones, AZ plate 653-YEC throw something at another group 5 minutes prior and had followed them to get the plate...he confirmed the plate. After sharing information, we witnessed a vehicle heading towards us. Since we were all in the street, we started to get out of the way to let this vehicle pass. This was when I yelled out that the vehicle heading towards us was this White Chevy Avalanche with Grey tones, AZ plate 653-YEC. The truck had to slow down to pass us, but we all tried in vain to block the driver nevertheless. The White Chevy Avalanche with Grey tones, AZ plate 653-YEC speed away.

I went home and called the police with this non-emergency....they don't really care...and I get it....they have child rapists to deal with. But hopefully the other two individuals also call up and at least get it into some sort of record. Which leaves me to this post....this is my record for lack of any action by Mesa PD. Again, I get the fact that this ranks near the bottom of concerns for a police department considering that no one was really hurt...but nevertheless, this is an assault and if it happens again, we can only hope no one is hurt either. So if you're out and about the Hawes area, cycling home and see a White Chevy Avalanche with Grey tones, AZ plate 653-YEC...watch for bottles around your head.
    When I was 6, I used to walk from school to the Boy's Club in South Scottsdale every day, and stop at my mom's work (right across the street from the Boy's Club) to pick up a Little Debbie snack cake (I hated it when she left the creame filled Oatmeal cookies, but loved the Star Cruches). One day while walking down Miller, some a-hole hit me in the side of the head with a half full can of 7-Up. Left a big gash right above my eye. For about 7 years after that, I could not walk down the street with turning my head every time a car drove by.
    Nobody gives a s#$t you singlespeed.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    that is assault. i would follow through and press charges. the only thing i would worry about is retribution and future riding in that area. for this reason, maybe it is not worth it

mx

Air Sucker
    you can bet that if it was a Mesa PD officer on a bike they would go find these punks

I think we should go get some radios and start riding out there frequently at night. When we find these little $#!ts we hold them (self defense of course) until the police arrive.

I have a couple of friends that are DPS and a couple of others on Sheriff Joe's Posse. Maybe we could get them to join us.

I don't think it is illegal to hold them for the police
    Just a bald guy biking the blubber away

Scott
    Gilbert, AZ

Saucy Size
    Did you happen to catch the make/color of the vehicle? How about the licence number?
    Don't be that guy! Read the forum guidelines.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul B
    Did you happen to catch the make/color of the vehicle? How about the licence number?

mx

It's a slugfest!
    This is not the first incident of this nature at this location. Two of my friends, in separate incidents, were attacked in the same location on their road bikes doing some late-night training. They were fired upon by kids standing in the back of a truck using paint ball guns. On one occasion, the paint balls were replace with marbles, leaving bruises and welts all over the back of my friend. I know police were looking into those reports, but I don't have any new information. This occurred about 6-8 months ago. I won't ride there after dark.

-ss
    "I've got nothing to hoard...."

Saucy Size
    My worst on-the-bike assault was a full Big Gulp, a truck full of guys screaming "faaaaaggggg!" and having them swerve near/at me for about half a mile. This was down in Allwhitetukee, somewhere on Chandler Blvd. on a very early morning. Then they had to stop at a stoplight, I was able to catch up, and when they saw that I'm 6'2" and not-scrawny, they actually ran the red. Getting bopped by about 5 lbs of liquid while going 20ish on skinny tires? Not the funnest day on the bike.

I've been screamed at, had schit thrown at me, been stalked by a slow-moving pickup crawling along behind me, gotten into a lengthy argument about traffic law. Sometimes it just seems like part of the roadie game. Sometimes it's enough to get me off the road, but then the terrorists win.

Make no mistake: douches like this are very much using terror tactics to mess with our lives. I've taken to trying for my cameraphone whenever I think I can grab a license #. Haven't been lucky enough to do it yet, though.

p.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul B
    My worst on-the-bike assault was a full Big Gulp, a truck full of guys screaming "faaaaaggggg!" and having them swerve near/at me for about half a mile. This was down in Allwhitetukee, somewhere on Chandler Blvd. on a very early morning. Then they had to stop at a stoplight, I was able to catch up, and when they saw that I'm 6'2" and not-scrawny, they actually ran the red. Getting bopped by about 5 lbs of liquid while going 20ish on skinny tires? Not the funnest day on the bike.

I've been screamed at, had schit thrown at me, been stalked by a slow-moving pickup crawling along behind me, gotten into a lengthy argument about traffic law. Sometimes it just seems like part of the roadie game. Sometimes it's enough to get me off the road, but then the terrorists win.

Make no mistake: douches like this are very much using terror tactics to mess with our lives. I've taken to trying for my cameraphone whenever I think I can grab a license #. Haven't been lucky enough to do it yet, though.

p.

Paul why should anyone care bought your incident, when you post up the comment of "Did you happen to catch the make/color of the vehicle? How about the licence number?he got the the plate number" . Dude that is just wrong not funny.
    Normal for you.
    Have a nice day
    JRA

Pivotal figure
    I got egged on 2 separate occasions while commuting to my old job. Missed getting the plate on the first one but got the 2nd truck just fine. After chasing them thru some tight neighborhood streets they managed to lose me but I still called Phoenix PD. You are in fact allowed to call 911 in this case, it is a form of assault and they took it seriously. The best part is that while I was waiting at the point where I got hit, I could see the Police cruiser coming my direction (across the park) then suddenly pull a U-turn and park behind a truck parked on the street. A minute later a second cruiser pulled up and blocked them in. Unbelievably, they had come right back to the same area! Turned out to be a whole truck full of high school girls on spring break. They'd been egging for several days and the cops had several complaints but no complete plate number (until that night). The best part was watching them all get lined up on the sidewalk waiting for mommy and daddy to come pick them up (at midnight, during the week).
    Desert Sunset Calls/Upward, Pain, Perseverance/Welcome Solitude

Did you all not read the original post...I got the make, model and license plate..READ up!

BTW, I had another incident tonight with the same vehicle....and this time, got a good ID of the passenger as well as the driver, along with three females in the back of the vehicle. Turns out, I wound up riding upon another conflagration caused by these jacka$$es and another individual who was hit. They were arguing at a stop and I rolled up on my bike, recognized the make and ID'd the license plate, White Chevy Avalanche with Grey undertone, AZ lic # 653-YEC. I pulled up to the passenger side, told them that I had filed a report (I'm trying to do my best pacifist impression here) and that I think they aught to stop their mischievous behavior. Frankly....I'm paraphrasing here, but there were no threats thrown about and it stayed non-violent....as tough as that was. They then decided to leave because it was obvious they had been marked.

That being said....Mesa PD never came out and took my report last night...they called at 200am last night to tell me they had not forgotten about me and that someone would be out soon....I told them to send someone out in the morning....guess I'm stupid for thinking they would do that. Instead, they canceled the report...because when I just called tonight, the dispatcher told me that the original report I had called in was canceled because no one came out and talked to me personally. OK....I can roll with the stupid game...wish they had told me that in the first place. Given it's a Saturday night in crazy town....I declined to file a report this second time. I will call tomorrow.

I have no hope that anything will come of this. I'm enraged that night after night these guys (and gals) are doing this and nothing can be done. Upon seeing the vehicle tonight...my wife who was with me tonight and not with me last night, recognized the vehicle from last night. Evidently, it had slowed down upon approaching her last night in a separate incident, but then sped up upon passing her. At the time, she had not thought anything of it other than a driver being careful upon passing her. Now she realizes that the same vehicle that hit me and 2 others last night...and others tonight...they simply ran out of things to throw last night and passed on the opportunity.

Again...I'm a pacifist here who is clearly straining against my convictions because it seems like giving these guys a good tune up would set things right...but I know better. This post is my catharsis.

parenting for gnarness
    Did you all not read the original post...I got the make, model and license plate..READ up!

BTW, I had another incident tonight with the same vehicle....and this time, got a good ID of the passenger as well as the driver, along with three females in the back of the vehicle. Turns out, I wound up riding upon another conflagration caused by these jacka$$es and another individual who was hit. They were arguing at a stop and I rolled up on my bike, recognized the make and ID'd the license plate, White Chevy Avalanche with Grey undertone, AZ lic # 653-YEC. I pulled up to the passenger side, told them that I had filed a report (I'm trying to do my best pacifist impression here) and that I think they aught to stop their mischievous behavior. Frankly....I'm paraphrasing here, but there were no threats thrown about and it stayed non-violent....as tough as that was. They then decided to leave because it was obvious they had been marked.

That being said....Mesa PD never came out and took my report last night...they called at 200am last night to tell me they had not forgotten about me and that someone would be out soon....I told them to send someone out in the morning....guess I'm stupid for thinking they would do that. Instead, they canceled the report...because when I just called tonight, the dispatcher told me that the original report I had called in was canceled because no one came out and talked to me personally. OK....I can roll with the stupid game...wish they had told me that in the first place. Given it's a Saturday night in crazy town....I declined to file a report this second time. I will call tomorrow.

I have no hope that anything will come of this. I'm enraged that night after night these guys (and gals) are doing this and nothing can be done. Upon seeing the vehicle tonight...my wife who was with me tonight and not with me last night, recognized the vehicle from last night. Evidently, it had slowed down upon approaching her last night in a separate incident, but then sped up upon passing her. At the time, she had not thought anything of it other than a driver being careful upon passing her. Now she realizes that the same vehicle that hit me and 2 others last night...and others tonight...they simply ran out of things to throw last night and passed on the opportunity.

Again...I'm a pacifist here who is clearly straining against my convictions because it seems like giving these guys a good tune up would set things right...but I know better. This post is my catharsis.
    thanks for the heads up - I ride through there regularly in the evenings with my family. Please do follow-up on getting an official police report, and let us know what happens. Get everyone involved to call in too! You guys have handed the cops everything they need, shameful if they don't follow up on a slam-dunk like this. Post up if you locate the driver's house or any more info, they obviously live nearby. You might also want to contact the Las Sendas HOA (http://www.thetrailhead.org/index.html) as they can post notices on the bulletin boards around all the mailboxes in the community, and inform their security patrol - exposing these a$$holes to their neighbors and parents is a pretty good way of fighting back.

Edit: I forwarded this info onto the folks at DNA Cycles and some other locals.
    Last edited by chollaball; 08-31-2008 at 01:23 AM.
    YES to Scottsdale Prop 420
    Our Preserve, Our Taxes, Our Vote

Master Gardener
    I was assaulted in a similar manner 3-4 years ago. The STATE police were very cooperative, as was the county prosecutor. It took a year but resulted in this motorist serving 30 days in jail, one year probation and 30 hours of anger management courses that HE was required to pay for.

mtbr member

Mad, what was the make and license plate of the car? I want to warn others.
    Nobody gives a s#$t you singlespeed.

ummmm.....not sure how to answer that duddir

mtbr member
    Similar type of incident happened to a friend of mine almost everyday. he would commute to work and have the same car ef with him on the same stretch of road. the situation progressed with the car driver getting more and more aggressive daily.

my friend decided enough was enough and put the AZ "you can carry guns" right into power. he is riding to work and the same darn car pulls the same crap. my buddy pins it to catch them at the red light and rolls up to the driver who is hurling obscenities, and lets them get full view of the two large caliber handguns he is wearing. he said something which caused said driver to piss themselves.

he was never messed with again by this particular car.
    i never thought i'd be 43 and living here......i kinda wanted to be a rockstar..." Mark Hendershot

Yeah...I'm sure that worked...but not for me. Don't get me wrong, I carry a knife in case I ever have to shiv a rabid javalina or wildcat...but packing on a ride? Kinda heavy if you ask me.

http://www.tucsoncitizen.com/daily/local/83387.php

wowarizona.com
    Jan 2004

carry/brandishment

AZ does have a carry law. They also have a brandishment law.

Before anyone attempts to recreate this, it might be very prudent to fully read implications of 'brandishing a weapon'. 'Pinning it' to catch them to allow them a 'full view' qualifies.

Yes, I own firearms, not anti-gun.

Quote Originally Posted by midget
    Similar type of incident happened to a friend of mine almost everyday. he would commute to work and have the same car ef with him on the same stretch of road. the situation progressed with the car driver getting more and more aggressive daily.

my friend decided enough was enough and put the AZ "you can carry guns" right into power. he is riding to work and the same darn car pulls the same crap. my buddy pins it to catch them at the red light and rolls up to the driver who is hurling obscenities, and lets them get full view of the two large caliber handguns he is wearing. he said something which caused said driver to piss themselves.

he was never messed with again by this particular car.
    CJ
    WOW Arizona!

Finally talked to an officer over the phone and they are sending out a car to take an "official" statement. The officer was able to look up the lic # I gave him and confirmed that the vehicle description I gave matches the plate number. He also was able to confirm that these guys live within a mile or so of Hawes and he suspects...if these are the some folks he is thinking about....that they may have been involved in some thefts recently as well. I was asked if I would like to press charges and I responded in the affirmative. Not sure if this is worth my time to pursue, but it pisses me off that this could have turned out to be far worse than it actually did, for me or others. Someone could have gotten hurt....as we all know sometimes happens in these vehicle vs. cyclist crimes.

parenting for gnarness
    Finally talked to an officer over the phone and they are sending out a car to take an "official" statement. The officer was able to look up the lic # I gave him and confirmed that the vehicle description I gave matches the plate number. He also was able to confirm that these guys live within a mile or so of Hawes and he suspects...if these are the some folks he is thinking about....that they may have been involved in some thefts recently as well. I was asked if I would like to press charges and I responded in the affirmative. Not sure if this is worth my time to pursue, but it pisses me off that this could have turned out to be far worse than it actually did, for me or others. Someone could have gotten hurt....as we all know sometimes happens in these vehicle vs. cyclist crimes.
    I hope you do pursue it through the legal channels. Its so rare that we bikers get a win in situations like this. And it also sounds like its not just a one-time thing but some people who are doing some wrongful $hit to a lot of people.

it will unfortunately probably cost you some time and aggravation, but there's that saying about what happens when good people do nothing. I'll gladly buy you a beer if we happen to meet up - i ride there a lot: black Blur or a blue Lemond roadie.
    YES to Scottsdale Prop 420
    Our Preserve, Our Taxes, Our Vote

OK....I guess this issue is now over. Here's what happened. I got another call back from an officer and they sent a car out to the address where the vehicle is registered. It was not there at the time, but they spoke to the drivers younger brother who said that he rarely drives the vehicle.....uh huh. Anyways, the parents were not home and the officer said they will return when the parents are at home to discuss the matter with them. Given that the other two witnesses/victims on Friday night did not call it in as I did, there are no other witness to back up my story, so the police can not go forward with me pressing charges at this time.

What the officer recommended I do is try to find the other witnesses/victims and encourage them to call in the incident which would then lend strength to some the charges, namely assault. Furthermore, he said that had we called immediately following the incident...not an hour later, but at that moment...they would have immediately sent a car out. This is because they have a high probability of encountering the accused around the time of the incident...caught red-handed.

Since I waited to get home and call, the priority dropped because it was deemed that the accused has most likely left the area. So...lesson to all of us learned at my expense: If this happens to you, call immediately and there will be a response. Your account will be documented immediately and the priority for which the PD follows up on the account will be higher than if the official statement is taken two days later.

No Clue Crew
    Apr 2005
    Please do make the effort to pursue it. You could have been seriously hurt or someone else could. In my experience, turds who do things of this nature move on up the serious scale. I'd chip in a cold frosty one just to see justice served.

Good luck.
    d

mtbr member
    about the gun thing... i was just telling a story.

i do not own a gun, nor do i want one. "showing" someone a gun is pretty serious business if ya ask me. i hope i did not sound like i was encouraging this, sorry if i did.
    i never thought i'd be 43 and living here......i kinda wanted to be a rockstar..." Mark Hendershot

Quote Originally Posted by chollaball
    i ride there a lot: black Blur or a blue Lemond roadie.

I'll keep an eye out for you...some guys I tangentially know at Adventure told me about someone they ride with sometimes on a Blur who lives out by Hawes....I'm on a blue Fisher HiFi

mtbr member

Great job on the ID! I can't believe that the Mesa police aren't taking this seriously. Your story would probably play well on the evening news. Wouldn't it be cool to see the perp walk taken from a helicopter, with a photo of you standing tall beside your bike.

mtbr member
    By the way, I was on the road bike early this morning in Ahwatukee and Tempe for about three hours. Beautiful morning. Cool, with a slight drizzle. Very comfortable, and extremely light traffic. Another great day to be out on the bike. (Three weeks ago today I sprained a muscle in my back and couldn't even walk 100 yards. I feel like I've been resurrected!)

In the rear with the beer
    Quote Originally Posted by chollaball
    I I'll gladly buy you a beer if we happen to meet up - i ride there a lot: black Blur or a blue Lemond roadie.

Another beer for you here....these punks piss me off....
    Salvation Outdoor
    "Take it Outside...Again!!!"

NormalNorm
    And if you did....I would back you.

If you want to use a car as a weapon, then live with the consequeces. I bet your buddy never had a problem with the guy that hassle him on his commute. Sorry, but sometimes you have to be militant. F him.

mtbr member
    OK....I guess this issue is now over. Here's what happened. I got another call back from an officer and they sent a car out to the address where the vehicle is registered. It was not there at the time, but they spoke to the drivers younger brother who said that he rarely drives the vehicle.....uh huh. Anyways, the parents were not home and the officer said they will return when the parents are at home to discuss the matter with them. Given that the other two witnesses/victims on Friday night did not call it in as I did, there are no other witness to back up my story, so the police can not go forward with me pressing charges at this time.

What the officer recommended I do is try to find the other witnesses/victims and encourage them to call in the incident which would then lend strength to some the charges, namely assault. Furthermore, he said that had we called immediately following the incident...not an hour later, but at that moment...they would have immediately sent a car out. This is because they have a high probability of encountering the accused around the time of the incident...caught red-handed.

Since I waited to get home and call, the priority dropped because it was deemed that the accused has most likely left the area. So...lesson to all of us learned at my expense: If this happens to you, call immediately and there will be a response. Your account will be documented immediately and the priority for which the PD follows up on the account will be higher than if the official statement is taken two days later.
    Find out his addy and publish it here on MTBR I think we have more than a few cyclists that would like to give him a taste of his own medicine.

my knees hurt
    We won today ....a few friends and myself were finishing up a ride around Camelback/Mummy mountain heading back through old town scottsdale when a jeep cherokee flew passed us and hit one of our front wheels with one of the two water bottles they threw at us almost causing a crash. We all sprinted after the jeep which made a left into a neighborhood, after a few minutes of chase they stopped in front of one kids house. After alot of screaming and threats from the three guys in the jeep we just decided to call the police. The police took a report and we pressed charges...One of the guys just got off probation...the one who threw we will see again in court. He was arrested on some kind of charge...not assault though (since the bottle never hit the person, just the bike?). I thought if it actually hit the person it would be considered battery...just the act of throwing would be assault...whatever...tough guy was not so tough once the police arrived....
    BELIEVE
    Imagine what you could achieve if you knew you would not fail.

Pivotal figure
    Man, I just got all warm and fuzzy inside! It's always nice when some icehole gets what he deserves
    Desert Sunset Calls/Upward, Pain, Perseverance/Welcome Solitude

No Clue Crew
    Apr 2005
    Nice job, man. Just for info, there is no "battery" charge in AZ. Based on your story here, that likely doesn't make the grade for assault, but would fit the disorderly conduct statute pretty well. I'm glad you pursued it and were willing to aid in prosecution. That sends a message.

Too many Sedonuts...
    Quote Originally Posted by A.P.B
    Paul why should anyone care bought your incident, when you post up the comment of "Did you happen to catch the make/color of the vehicle? How about the licence number?he got the the plate number" . Dude that is just wrong not funny.
    Normal for you.
    Have a nice day
    Um...are you serious?
    When the world slips you a Jeffrey, stroke the furry wall.

mtbr member
    I'm not saying that you should, but if you were to call the Maricopa County Sheriff department and report that you believe the driver of the vehicle is an illegal immigrant, you may get some results. http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?nam...ticle&sid=2837

NormalNorm
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorSlacker
    I'm not saying that you should, but if you were to call the Maricopa County Sheriff department and report that you believe the driver of the vehicle is an illegal immigrant, you may get some results. http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?nam...ticle&sid=2837
    LOL....Best advice i've heard in a long time.

Yeah, it cant hurt callin' the cops.

Meatbomb
    giving false information to da man is a major dumb thing to do. I doubt there are many wetbacks living in that 'hood driving a White Chevy Avalanche with Grey tones, AZ plate 653-YEC.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo
    I doubt there are many wetbacks living in that 'hood driving a White Chevy Avalanche with Grey tones, AZ plate 653-YEC.
    go 'MERICA......

Meatbomb
    i'm sorry... to be PC i'll refer to them as "undocumented whatever you want me to call them".

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Wonder what the rules are on use of lethal force for self defense - would love to see some 45 caliber hollow points in that Chevy Avalanche. Yes, post the address if you find it...maybe they'll get a taste of their own medicine from somebody.

Saucy Size
    Guys, posting death threats and even just threats of violence in an online forum is spectacularly stupid. If anything bad happens to that driver, guess who's gonna get asked questions about it?

Never mind the fact that the Internet tough guy routine is, um, unimpressive.

p.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    First time I every heard of a mere internet observation leading to a murder conviction, P. Maybe your're unimpressive and um, stupid? Or maybe you can enligthen us as to your newfound legal theories. I was merely writing about what I think would be poetic justice. Not grabbing my six shooter and heading out to the wild west.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Actually, seems the rate at which the police have pursued the culprits so far, nobody there ever gets prosecuted for anything...unless you post bad comments on the internet, of course.

banned

steps to take

If the police do nothing...

1. Find where they live.
    2. Return at night.
    3. Use nice new key.
    4. Scratch "share the road" on the tailgate.
    5. Lose the key.
    6. Go home and have a beer.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by midget
    about the gun thing... i was just telling a story.

i do not own a gun, nor do i want one. "showing" someone a gun is pretty serious business if ya ask me. i hope i did not sound like i was encouraging this, sorry if i did.
    no no --do not feel bad at all about what you said-------i have saved myself and my family some very bad brushes with bad people over the years because i always carry at least a side arm on me at all times , ------( yes i do have a ccw and many class three fire arms )--

and am an avid shooter , ---------you need to take a fire arms class and get you several nice peices .

it is your right , ------it could save a freind or family member life someday .

i would rather be JUDGED BY 12 -----THAN CARRIED BY 6

Meatbomb
    I just stay clear of 'bad people'... 40+ years old and have never once felt threatened. YMMV.

Saucy Size
    Well, I fear the thread has probably reached the end of its usefulness and is wandering into OT territory. Bummer that Mesa PD can't/won't do more, but I'm not surprised, given my own various calls to the cops over the years after getting harrassed/threatened while on a bike. It's a drag, and I fear it's probably a permanent part of the game.

Feel free to meet me at the playground after school if you want to beat me up.

p.

Members who have read this thread: 0