Thanks Maad!- Mtbr.com

Thread: Thanks Maad!

My other ride is your mom

Thanks Maad!

Got a suspension fork

Thanks Maad!

I was minutes from summiting Windgate, at record time... when my chain broke. Even though I *thought* I had a complete pack with everything I reasonably need - I didn't have a piece of chain, only master links. When my chain broke I needed a few pieces of chain to get it fixed. I was about ready to pack up and coast down windgate and push the bike back to the car.

Maadjurguer comes rolling along, I think with Chollaball and presto change he had a section of chain he gladly gave me to help.

Thanks dude! Salvaged my ride.

Be cool people, it pays dividends.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Thanks Maad!-image.jpeg  

Thanks Maad!-image-copy.jpeg  

ONE SHOX, ONE GEAR, LOTS of FUN! www.TrailFu.com My Rides

That chain looks like a snake in for the kill...nice meeting you. Did you finish what you had planned, or did you audible and just do the double? Let us know how well the 8spd meshed with the 9spd....

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Observer View Post
    This is why Dog created single speeds.
    Why....so they can break down and get some trail magic from a full squisher rocking a 3x10?

Got a suspension fork
    Quote Originally Posted by Maadjurguer View Post
    That chain looks like a snake in for the kill...nice meeting you. Did you finish what you had planned, or did you audible and just do the double? Let us know how well the 8spd meshed with the 9spd....
    Yes the 9spd links worked great with the 8spd chain.

I only cut off the extra Dixie Mine to Sonoran and up Sonoran section, extremely glad to get the bulk of the ride in considering the broken chain. Thanks again.

Here's the ride.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by randyharris View Post
    I was minutes from summiting Windgate, at record time... when my chain broke. Even though I *thought* I had a complete pack with everything I reasonably need - I didn't have a piece of chain, only master links. When my chain broke I needed a few pieces of chain to get it fixed. I was about ready to pack up and coast down windgate and push the bike back to the car.

Maadjurguer comes rolling along, I think with Chollaball and presto change he had a section of chain he gladly gave me to help.

Thanks dude! Salvaged my ride.

Be cool people, it pays dividends.
    This is why Dog created single speeds.
    Nobody gives a s#$t you singlespeed.

Meatbomb
    What kind of multi tool is that you use? Mine don't have the chain tool on it so i have to carry one and it's heavy .

Got a suspension fork
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    What kind of multi tool is that you use? Mine don't have the chain tool on it so i have to carry one and it's heavy .
    Crank Bros M19, it rocks.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    That's a Crank Bros I believe. But be careful, those mothers come apart really, really easy.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Maadjurguer View Post
    Why....so they can break down and get some trail magic from a full squisher rocking a 3x10?
    Singlespeeds don't break down, they just slow down....

Got a suspension fork
    Quote Originally Posted by dtownmtb View Post
    As a veteran SSer, I appreciate the sentiment, but Randy rides an SS. I used to put chains that had worn out on a geary on my SS - never broke one. However, I broke a fairly new chain this past year. Sometimes it is just your turn.

It is rather amusing to have Maad, with his fancy full suspension geared wonder bike have to come to the aid of a full rigid SSer. Rare, but amusing.
    And I actually have my Osprey very well packed with things I may need on a ride, adding some chain links to that list! Sadly I think Seron mentioned it with all his recent troubles - it never occurred to me that a few magic links wouldn't do the trick. When I put on a new chain tonight I'll stick the extra links in my pack for next time.

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Observer View Post
    Singlespeeds don't break down, they just slow down....
    As a veteran SSer, I appreciate the sentiment, but Randy rides an SS. I used to put chains that had worn out on a geary on my SS - never broke one. However, I broke a fairly new chain this past year. Sometimes it is just your turn.

It is rather amusing to have Maad, with his fancy full suspension geared wonder bike have to come to the aid of a full rigid SSer. Rare, but amusing.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dtownmtb View Post
    As a veteran SSer, I appreciate the sentiment, but Randy rides an SS.
    I know. It's my pat answer for any bike that breaks down.

mtbr member
    And I actually have my Osprey very well packed with things I may need on a ride, adding some chain links to that list! Sadly I think Seron mentioned it with all his recent troubles - it never occurred to me that a few magic links wouldn't do the trick. When I put on a new chain tonight I'll stick the extra links in my pack for next time.
    I ALWAYS ride with about 3-4 inches of spare chain.

Kathleen in AZ
    If you rode with gears then it wouldn't matter if you were a few links short...

Got a suspension fork
    Quote Originally Posted by DurtGurl View Post
    If you rode with gears then it wouldn't matter if you were a few links short...
    ouch, kick a guy when he's down eh. LOL.

Truth is I've been offered a killer deal on one of these, and it has me rethinking everything... I have so very much enjoyed rigid SS for the past couple thousand miles, but as I'm increased my mileage our rough trails have been beating me up. AND this offer is all shiny and new and looks purdy so it caught my eye.

ouch, kick a guy when he's down eh. LOL.

Truth is I've been offered a killer deal on one of these, and it has me rethinking everything... I have so very much enjoyed rigid SS for the past couple thousand miles, but as I'm increased my mileage our rough trails have been beating me up. AND this offer is all shiny and new and looks purdy so it caught my eye.
    Don't do it!
    If you'd just get a suspension fork, I think you'd find life to be much more comfortable.

I recently built up an old Niner frame with a rigid fork. While I love the way the bike handles with the steel fork, there is a huge difference in comfort between it and a suspension fork.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by durtgurl View Post
    if you rode with gears then it wouldn't matter if you were a few brain cells short...
    fify

Members who have read this thread: 0