Results 1 to 30 of 30

Thread: Tequila Tree

  1. #1
    sprocket
    Reputation: yetisurly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    3,182

    Tequila Tree

    myth or something like the Abominable Snowman?

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    807
    I know I was on a Twisted Path and didn't see an obvious spot...

  3. #3
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    7,930
    Might be more like finding a virgin in a brothel house, only once, and it's gonna be expensive. Maybe a Tequila Bush out your way.
    Last edited by Boyonabyke; 04-22-2011 at 09:19 AM.

  4. #4
    My other ride is your mom
    Reputation: Maadjurguer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,251
    Disbelievers will mock.....




  5. #5
    parenting for gnarness
    Reputation: chollaball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    6,220
    Its a leap of faith, Indiana
    YES to Scottsdale Prop 420
    Our Preserve, Our Taxes, Our Vote

  6. #6
    sprocket
    Reputation: yetisurly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    3,182
    so, is it on for Thursday or what?

  7. #7
    My other ride is your mom
    Reputation: Maadjurguer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,251
    I'm 99.98% out.....the corkscrew of death and 7000ft of vert gained in the dark is intriguing me....I still owe you a tour of my chapter in exchange for a tour of yours at a later date....




  8. #8
    sprocket
    Reputation: yetisurly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    3,182
    Quote Originally Posted by Maadjurguer
    I'm 99.98% out.....the corkscrew of death and 7000ft of vert gained in the dark is intriguing me....I still owe you a tour of my chapter in exchange for a tour of yours at a later date....
    word.

  9. #9
    parenting for gnarness
    Reputation: chollaball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    6,220
    Quote Originally Posted by yetisurly
    word.
    i should be good. I can't help it if Maad's schedule is so packed. pm me the secret handshake.
    YES to Scottsdale Prop 420
    Our Preserve, Our Taxes, Our Vote

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    424
    "If you build it they will come"

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Casual Observer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    9,211
    Quote Originally Posted by chollaball
    i should be good. I can't help it if Maad's schedule is so packed. pm me the secret handshake.
    I'll be out and about. Keep your eyes open. I'm working on a secret, stealth mission myself. Hope to have some details Friday or this weekend. Hopefully none of you (other than Yetisurley) will be disappointed.
    Last edited by Casual Observer; 04-21-2011 at 09:45 AM.
    Nobody gives a s#$t you singlespeed.

  12. #12
    Occidental Tourist
    Reputation: YuriB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,563
    Quote Originally Posted by skinny-tire
    Hopefully none of you will be disappointed.
    Have you met yetisurly before....?
    This is just need to know information: Am i supposed to enjoy the irony or pity the sincerity?

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Casual Observer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    9,211
    Quote Originally Posted by YuriB
    Have you met yetisurly before....?
    I have. You make a good point. I fixed it.
    Nobody gives a s#$t you singlespeed.

  14. #14
    sprocket
    Reputation: yetisurly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    3,182
    Quote Originally Posted by skinny-tire
    I have. You make a good point. I fixed it.
    yetisurly is disappointed.

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation: 5bravobravo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    385
    I've looked pretty hard out there, found a cool belt buckle, but no bottles...

    I found a potential trail though, I'll take that over agave any day!

    I'll be riding the twisted path tonight
    Check my pulse...

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    84
    Two rattlers out there yesterday afternoon. Watch your step (and those blind corners) hunting the elusive Tree!

  17. #17
    Occidental Tourist
    Reputation: YuriB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,563
    I'd call that a success. We'll have an orchard in no time.
    This is just need to know information: Am i supposed to enjoy the irony or pity the sincerity?

  18. #18
    parenting for gnarness
    Reputation: chollaball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    6,220
    Quote Originally Posted by YuriB
    I'd call that a success. We'll have an orchard in no time.
    i know exactly where they are, if i can ever find my way back. let's see the pics!
    YES to Scottsdale Prop 420
    Our Preserve, Our Taxes, Our Vote

  19. #19
    sprocket
    Reputation: yetisurly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    3,182
    Quote Originally Posted by chollaball
    i know exactly where they are, if i can ever find my way back. let's see the pics!

    The 'ride' you guys took me on was short on riding.

  20. #20
    sprocket
    Reputation: yetisurly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    3,182
    Quote Originally Posted by YuriB
    I'd call that a success. We'll have an orchard in no time.
    Ride Report / Tequila Tree Planting Report

    We refilled a Tequila Tree stash at the lower S. end of PMP and rode with emptyset, yuriB, chollaball and a gentleman that may or may not want to remain nameless here. After taking sips of the nectar, we motored to find our next planting. We rode up the wash and the fenceline trail. The guys with armor and suspension like things on their bikes opted to stop and session stuff right where a shirtless 'guy' was laying down in the sodomy gultch. I opted to continue on so I would not bear witness to what may or may not had taken place. Someone may have a picture. I don't know.
    At any rate, we continued on after regrouping to plant a tree at the Northern end of PMP near 35th street. A good spot with a view. More sipping was completed. We then bombed down chutes and 220 1a and stuff back to the original planting and completed another sampling of the original PMP Tequila Tree.

    Good stuff, except for the shirtless dude laying around.

  21. #21
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Casual Observer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    9,211
    Quote Originally Posted by yetisurly
    Ride Report / Tequila Tree Planting Report

    We refilled a Tequila Tree stash at the lower S. end of PMP and rode with emptyset, yuriB, chollaball and a gentleman that may or may not want to remain nameless here. After taking sips of the nectar, we motored to find our next planting. We rode up the wash and the fenceline trail. The guys with armor and suspension like things on their bikes opted to stop and session stuff right where a shirtless 'guy' was laying down in the sodomy gultch. I opted to continue on so I would not bear witness to what may or may not had taken place. Someone may have a picture. I don't know.
    At any rate, we continued on after regrouping to plant a tree at the Northern end of PMP near 35th street. A good spot with a view. More sipping was completed. We then bombed down chutes and 220 1a and stuff back to the original planting and completed another sampling of the original PMP Tequila Tree.

    Good stuff, except for the shirtless dude laying around.
    Was said shirtless guy wearing black pants? If so, I can do better than a picture. I actually have video (get your minds out of the gutter). Will try and post up my first first ride video later today (just need to find the appropriate U2 song).

    I was out there from 5:30 to 7. So some riders off in the distance, but other than a nice fat rattler (video to come), had the trails to myself.
    Nobody gives a s#$t you singlespeed.

  22. #22
    sprocket
    Reputation: yetisurly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    3,182
    Quote Originally Posted by skinny-tire
    Was said shirtless guy wearing black pants? If so, I can do better than a picture. I actually have video (get your minds out of the gutter). Will try and post up my first first ride video later today (just need to find the appropriate U2 song).

    I was out there from 5:30 to 7. So some riders off in the distance, but other than a nice fat rattler (video to come), had the trails to myself.

    oh - hey - exclusive ride eh? Thanks for the invite.
    Not sure about what 'guy' was wearing. Post the video, but please make it G rated.

  23. #23
    No mames guey
    Reputation: tpvet73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    298
    Quote Originally Posted by skinny-tire
    (just need to find the appropriate U2 song).
    LMAO.

  24. #24
    My other ride is your mom
    Reputation: Maadjurguer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,251
    LMAO x2




  25. #25
    Occidental Tourist
    Reputation: YuriB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,563
    obnoxious cali blowhards need not apply.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tequila Tree-cimg2837.jpg  

    This is just need to know information: Am i supposed to enjoy the irony or pity the sincerity?

  26. #26
    My other ride is your mom
    Reputation: Maadjurguer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,251
    Quote Originally Posted by YuriB
    obnoxious cali blowhards need not apply.

    Effing Ivy-league huffers should just rot.....pink jersey representation is a shallow attempt at realz life.....

    .....that being said.......pink jersey was there.....and still can't find the tree.......I still want a tour............I have the goods......




  27. #27
    parenting for gnarness
    Reputation: chollaball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    6,220
    Quote Originally Posted by Maadjurguer
    Effing Ivy-league huffers should just rot.....pink jersey representation is a shallow attempt at realz life.....

    .....that being said.......pink jersey was there.....and still can't find the tree.......I still want a tour............I have the goods......
    it was breast cancer awareness month, and i'm very aware of breasts, and jerseys on-sale at deep discountes. next up is a Hawes ride. there will be some secrets shared, hopefully not YetiSurly's fantastic-journey dude.
    YES to Scottsdale Prop 420
    Our Preserve, Our Taxes, Our Vote

  28. #28
    mtbr member
    Reputation: u2metoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,901
    Quote Originally Posted by skinny-tire
    ... (just need to find the appropriate U2 song).

    .
    make it a good one.

  29. #29
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Casual Observer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    9,211
    Quote Originally Posted by u2metoo
    make it a good one.
    I'm still looking. They are so few and far between. Can you recommend a "good" U2 song please ?
    Nobody gives a s#$t you singlespeed.

  30. #30
    Irakles
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    18
    i was fortunate to have been invited on my first Tequila Tree Planting. Sipping tall boys and trekking for hidden tequila bottles in the dark was unique to say the least. However, the activity does mess with your ability to handle a mountain bike...case in point for me on the Fence Line Trial...just a scratch! Great time...thx again!

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.