Teocalli Ridge - Crested Butte [vid]- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Teocalli Ridge - Crested Butte [vid]

After having been closed for major reconstruction for the last two seasons, Teocalli Ridge trail reopened in the spring of 2014. This is a classic ride in the Brush Creek area. The climbing is tough (especially so for those of us that donít live and ride on a regular basis at 7000+ feet), but the downhill single track is a worthy reward. The entire ride has you immersed in an overwhelming spectacle of beautiful CO mountain back-country. These are the images that will leave you aching for more, wondering where you went wrong in your decisions on how to live your lives to the fullest. OK, maybe thatís just me. Maybe itís you too?

-- Evil Patrick

Some of my Music

My Videos

The trail...shall set you free.

mtbr member
    Thanks for posting that! Completely enjoyed it.

Steve
    Drinkin the S-Works Kool-aid

mtbr member
    Apr 2010

Teocalli

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Patrick View Post
    After having been closed for major reconstruction for the last two seasons, Teocalli Ridge trail reopened in the spring of 2014. This is a classic ride in the Brush Creek area. The climbing is tough (especially so for those of us that donít live and ride on a regular basis at 7000+ feet), but the downhill single track is a worthy reward. The entire ride has you immersed in an overwhelming spectacle of beautiful CO mountain back-country. These are the images that will leave you aching for more, wondering where you went wrong in your decisions on how to live your lives to the fullest. OK, maybe thatís just me. Maybe itís you too?

Crested Butte is just so fine .... spent much of last two summers there when Teocalli was closed ..... so good to hear that it is up and running... Hard not to have a good riding day in CB.... great vid ... thanks for sharing .... There is just something about riding above 9000'

mtbr member
    Enjoyed it thanks for sharing!! What camera setup are you two using? Also, I have been looking into pads (never ridden with any) why do you choose elbow over say knee? And why not both?

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Beautiful place. Brought back some good memories

Thanks for sharing

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by clarkrw3 View Post
    Enjoyed it thanks for sharing!! What camera setup are you two using? Also, I have been looking into pads (never ridden with any) why do you choose elbow over say knee? And why not both?
    Thanks!

A couple of GoPros and a couple of Canon HFM300s.

The elbow guards simply allow us to whack into vegetation. This is particularly advantageous when the veg is Cholla cactus. We ride a lot of trails that have stuff hanging in the way. Even though very little in CB was like that, it just feels weird to ride w/out them.
    -- Evil Patrick

Some of my Music

My Videos

The trail...shall set you free.

Break it, Fix it, Ride it
    Nice. Every day that I'm not out riding somewhere awesome, or even not on my bike, I question the decisions I've made in my life. Even now, typing on this computer, it's starting to piss me off. Thanks for the vid! CB is definitely on my list.
    Today's the day I eat bikes.

mtbr member
    Nice. Glad you make it back to CO sans rain. Brings back memories as well and nice running into you last in flag.

mtbr member
    Man...that's so much smoother than I thought it would be. Last section of Doctor Park in CB kicked my butt with some scary DH and I was told that Teocalli is much harder, so ended up doing everything else but that on my HT. In fact I turned left on Deer Creek instead of Teocalli... anyway, will be back there soon.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    X-post!
    Nice KOM, sorry about your penis.