Team Radio Shack Rides the McDowell Pump Track- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    A plethora of pinatas
    Reputation: mcoplea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    1,260

    Team Radio Shack Rides the McDowell Pump Track

    Team Radio Shack riding out at Fountain Hills and the Pump Track

    http://www.livestrong.com/teamradios...amps-conclude/
    Marty

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,368
    Let's hope it can take 700x23........jeez......

  3. #3
    Alive and Lurkin'
    Reputation: Jibro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    597
    Quote Originally Posted by PhxChem
    Let's hope it can take 700x23........jeez......
    I was out there yesterday and some areas were/are pretty much ruined . I spend my first hour there fixing large holes in the main berm and I didn't even ride the outside jump line, the dirt has turned into a fine powder from people not watering the track, and the lips have eroded into a mound of dirt. After some water and repair I still got some laps in, but that place needs: 1. To be finished. 2. Maintained.
    Pumpin & Pimpin

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation: CrankyMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    766
    Yeah... thanks Team Radio Shack for tearing up our hard work!

    The biggest problem I have with the pump track is everyone loves to go out there and ride it but no one want's to help build or maintain it. I showed up for a bunch of the build days and every time I was out there riding I had to spent the first 30 minutes working on it. It sucks that nobody else give a damn.

    It's been a few months since I've been out there since it takes an hour to get there and then the first 30 minutes doing maintenance which leaves me about 1 1/2 hours of ride. It's just not worth it anymore.

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    251
    Quote Originally Posted by CrankyMonkey
    Yeah... thanks Team Radio Shack for tearing up our hard work!

    The biggest problem I have with the pump track is everyone loves to go out there and ride it but no one want's to help build or maintain it. I showed up for a bunch of the build days and every time I was out there riding I had to spent the first 30 minutes working on it. It sucks that nobody else give a damn.

    It's been a few months since I've been out there since it takes an hour to get there and then the first 30 minutes doing maintenance which leaves me about 1 1/2 hours of ride. It's just not worth it anymore.
    If nobody is helping maintain it, then people don't really care that much about it. After driving to BFE and then paying $6 to get in, rebuilding a track is not on my to do list.

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation: CrankyMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    766
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerDoger
    If nobody is helping maintain it, then people don't really care that much about it. After driving to BFE and then paying $6 to get in, rebuilding a track is not on my to do list.

    Roger... I pretty much agree with you which is why I stopped going out there. I would rather keep working on my spot then waste time out there. At least everyone who rides my spot also digs.

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    961
    Quote Originally Posted by CrankyMonkey
    Yeah... thanks Team Radio Shack for tearing up our hard work!

    The biggest problem I have with the pump track is everyone loves to go out there and ride it but no one want's to help build or maintain it. I showed up for a bunch of the build days and every time I was out there riding I had to spent the first 30 minutes working on it. It sucks that nobody else give a damn.

    It's been a few months since I've been out there since it takes an hour to get there and then the first 30 minutes doing maintenance which leaves me about 1 1/2 hours of ride. It's just not worth it anymore.
    Mellow Jonny didn't grab a shovel or rake after the RS boys got done hot lappin' the pump track? Say it ain't so, he must have been busy twatting about the session to his loyal followers,,,,,,,,I'm shocked.

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation: kubo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    774
    This is why pump tracks need to be closer, IMO. So its not an all day event to go out there and throw some dirt.
    I hope this doesn't look bad for the other stuff proposed at MMP.

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation: CrankyMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    766
    Quote Originally Posted by kubo
    This is why pump tracks need to be closer, IMO. So its not an all day event to go out there and throw some dirt.
    I hope this doesn't look bad for the other stuff proposed at MMP.
    +1

    Location... Location... Location...

    On a side note... Took the DJ bike to Espee yesterday and had a blast! BMX guys can rip!

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.