I'm Lazy, So I Shuttle

Taking a day off ...

Its super hard not to call in sick on a day like this!
    Rain and tacky trails to us is just like when u live by the beach and get a swell....
    Wish it was like this everyday!
    The secret to mountain biking is pretty simple. The slower you go the more likely it is you'll crash.- Julie Furtado

powered by bacon
    You should have. It was awesome this morning.

I love bike!
    Went out this morning for a quick ride at Hawes before work. Weather was amazing Lightning and thunder were a little bit close for comfort in a couple instances but overall the experience of riding in a little bit of weather is so cool. My only regret was that I couldn't stay out longer

I'm Lazy, So I Shuttle
    yea gonna be out shredding tomorrow am.. we are gonna get more storms then!
    The secret to mountain biking is pretty simple. The slower you go the more likely it is you'll crash.- Julie Furtado

My other ride is your mom
    I live out in Las Sendas and was planning on riding this morning, but decided against it. There was no way I was going to ride Hawes this morning after seeing/hearing the thundercloud which was parked over the hawes area....the lightning got pretty violent with the sound coming about as close to the flash as I've seen in a long time....I'm guessing the towers up on the hill to the east got zapped.

I love bike!
    Quote Originally Posted by Maadjurguer
    I live out in Las Sendas and was planning on riding this morning, but decided against it. There was no way I was going to ride Hawes this morning after seeing/hearing the thundercloud which was parked over the hawes area....the lightning got pretty violent with the sound coming about as close to the flash as I've seen in a long time....I'm guessing the towers up on the hill to the east got zapped.
    Yeah. I spent about 10 mins in the WG parking lot debating whether or not to give it a go but it seemed like the bulk of the storm was staying to the SW a bit. I got lucky and it pretty much stayed there the 1.5 hrs I was riding. Just started to get a little bit wet and lightning a little too close by the end of my ride. Added just a little bit more rush to the ride which was cool

oooh, shiny...
    I was on top of SoMo last night when the storm hit. Luckily I was in a car and not on my bike. It was crazy windy and the lightning was just amazing. I think the coolest part was on the way up we could not see anything due to the dust storm but on the way back down it was crystal clear with amazing views of PHX.

parenting for gnarness
    Quote Originally Posted by dsittman
    Yeah. I spent about 10 mins in the WG parking lot debating whether or not to give it a go but it seemed like the bulk of the storm was staying to the SW a bit. I got lucky and it pretty much stayed there the 1.5 hrs I was riding. Just started to get a little bit wet and lightning a little too close by the end of my ride. Added just a little bit more rush to the ride which was cool
    I rode Sunday eve and there was lightning all around. I've been watching the storms for years in this area, my rule is that lightning "around" is ok, big lasting winds and thunder are a no-no.
    YES to Scottsdale Prop 420
    Our Preserve, Our Taxes, Our Vote

My other ride is your mom
    Quote Originally Posted by chollaball
    I rode Sunday eve and there was lightning all around. I've been watching the storms for years in this area, my rule is that lightning "around" is ok, big lasting winds and thunder are a no-no.

This morning, at least at my house....it did not seem like it was all around...the mothership was on top of us. While doing geology fieldwork, I once had a stroke land within 300 yards of me on a rocky ridgetop in the Canyon Range of Utah.....I've never forgotten how blindingly massive it looked and felt to be that close....since then I've kinda been like that skunk-haired guy in "The Great Outdoors".....

Members who have read this thread: 0