Thread: tackylisious

im4Gsus

tackylisious

Thatís how the TRW and hawes trails were this morning! The temp was cool, there was a nice strong breeze, the sun hid the whole time and the soil was damp and tacky. In other words, it was perfect! I sure enjoyed my three-hour tour, er... ride.

#1 6am misty view of red mountain from TRW, kindía cool and eerie.
    #2 Puddle on the trail.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "If God is your co-pilot you're in the wrong seat!" S Barrington

im4Gsus
    #3 Since it was so nice and cool, I decided to explore some of the lower trails on TRW that head towards the river. Nothing much down there except for this clunker.
    • File Type: jpg 03.jpg (386.3 KB, 288 views)

My other ride is your mom
    I really dig that puddle picture with the wheel reflection....

im4Gsus
    #4 The drop on Big Saguaro trail heading towards the mine trail. I was a good girl, and like others before me, I rode thru the only puddle I saw in Hawes.
    • File Type: jpg 05.jpg (316.8 KB, 287 views)

im4Gsus
    #5 8am the sun was trying to peek thru the clouds. It didnít quite make it.

Anyway, I had a good time and thought I'd share it with y'all who are stuck at work
    • File Type: jpg 04.jpg (332.2 KB, 286 views)

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Very nice! Rained like hell up here in Flag too! Best conditions in weeks!

Break it, Fix it, Ride it
    Lucky you, for sure. And tackylicious might be my new favorite work. I can't figure out what TRW is though. Could you enlighten me?
    Today's the day I eat bikes.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by raisingarizona
    Very nice! Rained like hell up here in Flag too! Best conditions in weeks!
    Yeah... the inch of fine sand lurking in every corner has been pretty brutal depending on where you ride up here. I'm hoping we get more rain today and tomorrow. The weekend should be very nice!

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    rained last down in Tucson too. The 50 year was great but the sandy sections where water ran sucked.... but when doesnt the sand suck. I saw a desert tortoise and a racer snake.

My other ride is your mom
    Quote Originally Posted by sunset1123
    Yeah... the inch of fine sand lurking in every corner has been pretty brutal depending on where you ride up here. I'm hoping we get more rain today and tomorrow. The weekend should be very nice!

Dude...that's not sand...that's talcum powder!

aka Diesel
    Been recovering from a virus I picked up in Costa Rica (throat), but these picks just inspired me to get on on my bike and "tour" my backyard. I mean, I don't have to set any land-speed records, right? Can't waste riding Hawes when it's wet. Awesome pics. Really awesome shot of the puddle reflection.
    "People do not lack strength; they lack will" (Victor Hugo)

Lucky you, for sure. And tackylicious might be my new favorite work. I can't figure out what TRW is though. Could you enlighten me?

im4Gsus
    Quote Originally Posted by Dag Nabbit
    TRW is ~2Ĺ mile trail west of Power Rd - fun twisty single track. see el mapo.

I love bike!
    Glad to hear hawes got some rain. Missed us in the QC for the most part. Rode out there last Fri and there were a few sections that REALLY needed the moisture. Areas around mudflaps were really chewed up.

Nice pix kaboose

parenting for gnarness
    yeah i know where that is. sometimes i add on that little spur just to do some mileage. there are some plinker trails that lead to the canal, and from that car you can catch the canal back to Power or out to Fountain Hills.
    YES to Scottsdale Prop 420
    Our Preserve, Our Taxes, Our Vote

mtbr member
    Great shots Sativa, I think my back is getting better just seeing those pics... Some cooler weather is just around the corner for all of us, thanks for the inspiration, enjoyed for sure!!!

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    I knew I should of called out of werk! I like that first shot of misty red mountain, we don't get that enough around here. I like that colur skeem you got going on with your bike looks purdy!
    ďRide as much or as little, or as long or as short as you feel. But ride.Ē ~ Eddy Merckx

dirt debutaunte
    So jealous! I was thinking about trail conditions the entire commute to work.

Quote Originally Posted by kaboose
    TRW is ~2Ĺ mile trail west of Power Rd - fun twisty single track. see el mapo.

Thanks. I know that section. I thought all that was closed off. I would always park off of Recker at that little city park and head towards Hawes. Tried it one day a year or two ago and a fence was up. I thought some business over there purchased the land and closed us out. I never bothered to enter from Power. I always liked those sections as a warm-up for Hawes. Good way to tack on some miles too.

Ridin bikes is fun
    I woke up at 5am to go for a ride, and as I was shutting off the alarm my wife said “it’s been raining much of the night". So I got back in bed and went back to sleep. My lose (shrug). Those Red Mountain pictures are like the best post card ever. Thanks for sharing.

I'm with stupid -------->
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by surfndav
    I woke up at 5am to go for a ride, and as I was shutting off the alarm my wife said ďitís been raining much of the night". So I got back in bed and went back to sleep. My lose (shrug). Those Red Mountain pictures are like the best post card ever. Thanks for sharing.
    I did the same thing, but went outside looked at the sky and decided the rain wasn't done yet. Not sure I make the right choice but it was still coming down at 4:45 in East Phoenix. The trails should still be good tomorrow morning, as long as its not too muggy.

parenting for gnarness
    Quote Originally Posted by jdpowers
    I did the same thing, but went outside looked at the sky and decided the rain wasn't done yet. Not sure I make the right choice but it was still coming down at 4:45 in East Phoenix. The trails should still be good tomorrow morning, as long as its not too muggy.
    commuted in today at 11am.

holy f*ign f***! you did what?

in a light drizzle and overcast, it was awesome. first time ive ridden that late since about November

How do I do that?
    Damn POS Dirty Flea hub! Where's my replacement freehub Ringle? I've been sidelined for over a week due to my bearings disintegrating at 400 miles

Beautiful pics Kaboose, it looks like you had a great ride this morning! I would think tomorrow should be nice too since there's a chance of more rain tonight

I'm with stupid -------->
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by chollaball
    commuted in today at 11am.

holy f*ign f***! you did what?

in a light drizzle and overcast, it was awesome. first time ive ridden that late since about November
    I should have done that.... next time my morning meetings are going to get magically rescheduled.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Yeah, SoMo was tacky as can be early this AM too! Wish I brought my camera. Very few puddles on National - had the Mtn almost completly to myself. Tacky makes for some sweet carving!!!!! Nice pics!!

im4Gsus
    Quote Originally Posted by Dag Nabbit
    Thanks. I know that section. I thought all that was closed off. I would always park off of Recker at that little city park and head towards Hawes. Tried it one day a year or two ago and a fence was up. I thought some business over there purchased the land and closed us out. I never bothered to enter from Power. I always liked those sections as a warm-up for Hawes. Good way to tack on some miles too.
    yeah, the TRW plant, who owns the section they fenced off, is the guilty party. park at the end of ranier and enter thru a double track. the fence will be on your left. at the end of the fence the trail goes left and climbs the small mountain. not long ago someone carved a trail next to the fence that connects to the top of the small mountain as i drew it on the map. this trail is still my fave, specially coming back down it from hawes.

im4Gsus
    thanks guys, for all the pic compliments! i too like the puddle reflection - i made it my wallpaper!

im4Gsus
    Quote Originally Posted by chollaball
    ...and from that car you can catch the canal back to Power or out to Fountain Hills.
    i found the car on google! cholla, how can you get to fountain hills from there, though? via the canal? i tried to pan the map but could not see a route.

parenting for gnarness
    Quote Originally Posted by kaboose
    i found the car on google! cholla, how can you get to fountain hills from there, though? via the canal? i tried to pan the map but could not see a route.
    well done!

there are 2 canals there. one goes back through Mesa. Every so often I ride TRW to the canal and out for a ways just to spin -- good wet winter ride, or if I'm towing my kids.

the other canal gets you to FH. I've driven it but never rode it. or you can pedal around on the res etc and try to find the mysterious trail up Red Mountain (which I gave up looking for years ago). Just a different area with water on either side of you...

Members who have read this thread: 0