T100 Thursday ride (for those of us up north)- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

T100 Thursday ride (for those of us up north)

Thursday at 3:30PM, T100. Meet up at the trail head at the park. Nothin' fancy just a "better to ride with buddies than by yourself mid week run". Any takers?
    Fear can be your greatest ally or your biggest nemesis.

Crash = Try

rage

wretch
    Heh Im gonna double book myself here, Ill ride t100 from which trail head? Im really only familiar with the DD lot, and the small one from Tatum. . .

mtbr member
    Sep 2007

maybe

i have some stuff to do at 1 in glendale, but i think i would be able to get to t100 by 3:30 so im in. I drive a white jeep cherokee and ride a sugar3. what trailhead/parking lot?
    "More blood makes for a better story, ride hard"

mtbr member
    Damn am I a dork! I just happened to forget that little piece of info 7th Ave trail head at the north end of the Mountain View Park. I will probably ride to the trail head so I'll be the shaved head guy with the blue Ferrous 29.

Crash = Try

rage

wretch
    Well you me be a dork Ralph but I am a loser as I have no idea how to get to the 7th street TH. Im on 44th and Thomas. . . Ill take a look at some maps. . .

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Truckee Trash
    Well you me be a dork Ralph but I am a loser as I have no idea how to get to the 7th street TH. Im on 44th and Thomas. . . Ill take a look at some maps. . .
    Put this into google maps "N 7th Ave & W Cheryl Dr Phoenix, AZ 85021" . The trail head is on the NE corner of that intersection.

Crash = Try

rage

mtbr member
    which route you guys planning on riding?
    i could possibly meet up with you around 4:00 at the 7th st lot if you're planning on going further east than that.

It rains here. :(
    I'm in.

edit: Where's the safer place to park? at the end of 7th ave or back at the park's parking lot?
    07 GF Rig

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Umbrous
    I'm in.

edit: Where's the safer place to park? at the end of 7th ave or back at the park's parking lot?
    I have no idea. I always ride over to that trail head. The lot on the north end of the park always seems to have cars in it and is usually pretty active that time of day.

Crash = Try

rage

Quote Originally Posted by 'size
    which route you guys planning on riding?
    i could possibly meet up with you around 4:00 at the 7th st lot if you're planning on going further east than that.
    I don't think there is any planned route, but there is no reason why we can't meet you at 7th St at around 4pm...from there then we'll head east on T100...unless someone objects?...
    07 GF Rig

wretch
    Ok, not knowing the area, 7th seems a little to far away for my piece of shite car. . .I live 5 minutes from both the DD trail head and the Tatum trail head, so unless we change the trail head, I think Ill have to be out.

mtbr member
    I don't think there is any planned route, but there is no reason why we can't meet you at 7th St at around 4pm...from there then we'll head east on T100...unless someone objects?...
    I'm ok with starting at 4:00.

Crash = Try

rage

mtbr member
    Ok, not knowing the area, 7th seems a little to far away for my piece of shite car. . .I live 5 minutes from both the DD trail head and the Tatum trail head, so unless we change the trail head, I think Ill have to be out.
    Maybe next time we could start at the Tatum Trail head. If you can make it, it's pretty simple. Cactus east, Cave Creek Rd south, Mountain View Rd west, 7th Ave north to the park on the east side of the road.

Crash = Try

rage

wretch
    Ill give it a shot, i need to ride as much as I can before I move in two weeks. . . Ill keep y'all posted

What is the riding like over that way? Never ventured out there

mtbr member
    Ill give it a shot, i need to ride as much as I can before I move in two weeks. . . Ill keep y'all posted

What is the riding like over that way? Never ventured out there
    T100 west of 7th St is very similar to east of Dreamy Draw. The area between 7th St and Dreamy Draw can get to be a bit challenging in spots but I use this area to train for Xterra races so it isn't too bad. The really evil areas I just avoid and go around them. Lots of great side trails to follow.

Crash = Try

rage

Quote Originally Posted by ralph029
    I'm ok with starting at 4:00.
    I'm not changing the time...we are meeting at 3:30 at 7th ave...we will try to meet up with 'size at 7th st at 4:00...cool?
    07 GF Rig

wretch
    Ill be in a beat up green ford exploder sport. . . brown Enduro Pro rig. . . big boy with the full face. . .

mtbr member
    I'm not changing the time...we are meeting at 3:30 at 7th ave...we will try to meet up with 'size at 7th st at 4:00...cool?
    I'm good 3:30
    I'm good 4:00
    Man, I'm just good

I'll see you at 3:30 at Mountain View Park (7th Ave trail head)

Crash = Try

rage

mtbr member
    mark, i'll be on a white giant trance not the enduro, probably riding in circles in the lot by the tunnel.
    if i'm not there i got held up at work.

Quote Originally Posted by 'size
    mark, i'll be on a white giant trance not the enduro, probably riding in circles in the lot by the tunnel.
    if i'm not there i got held up at work.

Righto...I'll be on the SS see u there.
    07 GF Rig

I'm good 3:30
    I'm good 4:00
    Man, I'm just good

I'll see you at 3:30 at Mountain View Park (7th Ave trail head)

Yup...3:30 7th ave trailhead. I'll be there.
    07 GF Rig

******ed or Branded??
    full face??????????? I can lend you my xc helmet if you swing by my house. I'm on cactus on your way to the trail head.
    .Hoog just texted me and said it's "Surface area to G2 tangential force vector ratio optimization. "

wretch
    Yea it sucks, smashed my old xc helmet and never replaced it . . . Been managing here, miserably. . .now that it has cooled down atleast.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    so everythings set, 3:30 7th ave trailhead? ill be there. looking forward to meeting you guys, ill be the short guy on a silver and blue garyfisher.
    "More blood makes for a better story, ride hard"

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by azrider1313
    so everythings set, 3:30 7th ave trailhead?
    Set. 3:30. 7th ave trail head. See you all there

Crash = Try

rage

wretch
    Likewise, not sure what I am in for, but **** it. Im sure you'll beat me on the up's, but Im ready for the downs. Hopefully ill be sporting my new chain tensioner (problem free I hope). . . not that I need one here. . .

Likewise, not sure what I am in for, but **** it. Im sure you'll beat me on the up's, but Im ready for the downs. Hopefully ill be sporting my new chain tensioner (problem free I hope). . . not that I need one here. . .
    Don't be concerned about the pace, I'm coming off 3 weeks down time and I plan to take it easy (and I'm fat and slow anyways)...the trails are not any more technical than some of the side trails east of DD. Oh and with my SS, I can think of one hill I'll probably be pushing and I know you'll clobber me on all the downs.
    07 GF Rig

CrazyEye
    Damn, I usally ride Weds @ 3:30 from 7th street to the 51 and back. Almost never see anyone on a bike. I'll see if I have enough gear in the truck today(shoes, helmet, camelback). If I do, I'll go buy a T-shirt and some shorts at lunch and meet up with you guys. I drive a 2 Door Silver Rodeo with a Coffin on the roof and ride Monocog29er.

Are you guys usally availble to ride there during the week at 3:00 - 3:30 ish?

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyEye
    Now that it's cool and dark in the morning before work I would like to do afternoon rides, so I'm looking to leave work early once or twice during the week and ride...I work at the base but live up north so rides at W.Tanks, Estrella, FINS, Thunderbird, and T100 are all possible for me.
    Last edited by Umbrous; 12-06-2007 at 09:15 AM.
    07 GF Rig

mtbr member
    Damn, I usally ride Weds @ 3:30 from 7th street to the 51 and back. Almost never see anyone on a bike. I'll see if I have enough gear in the truck today(shoes, helmet, camelback). If I do, I'll go buy a T-shirt and some shorts at lunch and meet up with you guys. I drive a 2 Door Silver Rodeo with a Coffin on the roof and ride Monocog29er.

I ride that area 4 - 5 times a week. I do try to ride by 2:00 though. I am available every afternoon during the week with a little tweaking of my schedule.

Crash = Try

rage

wretch
    Guys, im out. . . had a **** **** **** morning so Im gonna ride now before I kill something, ill be riding there tomm, from DD.

I may ride out towards 7th to explore that area . . . might run into y'all. . . look for the only guy full faced.

Enjoy the ride

CrazyEye
    I'll see if I have enough gear in the truck today(shoes, helmet, camelback).
    That's a negative for today. Got my bike and that's it...I should be down for next Weds around 3:30 if you guys are. I always park at North Mountain lot at 7th street and T Bird...

CrazyEye
    How'd the ride go yesterday? I brought all my gear today and was gonna do a 3:30 ride. But looks like mother nature has other plans...

wretch
    **** the rain, so long as we dont tear up the trail. . . Im still planning on going to DD trail head this afternoon around 3:30. Meeting AZDesertRat if he and the group come through. I need me some mud. (can you even call it mud?)

mtbr member
    How'd the ride go yesterday? I brought all my gear today and was gonna do a 3:30 ride. But looks like mother nature has other plans...
    just an easy cruise out to 16th st and back. i may be able to make a 3:30 next wed at 7th st. post the ride up early next week and we'll see what happens.

mtbr member
    I had a good time. Nice to meet new people and ride in a group. Rode an SS on an actual trail (thanks Mark) and that was a BLAST. I left Seattle 'cause of the rain. Needless to say I think rain is a four letter word.

Crash = Try

rage

I had a good time. Nice to meet new people and ride in a group. Rode an SS on an actual trail (thanks Mark) and that was a BLAST. I left Seattle 'cause of the rain. Needless to say I think rain is a four letter word.

Yeah it was a good time...a bit short (due to lack of sun) but a nice time. I'm glad my legs/lungs allowed me to keep up with all you skinny guys. Thank you Ralph for letting me peddle around on that Ferrous 29 of yours...I'm a believer in steel frames now...much smoother than my Rig.
    07 GF Rig

Members who have read this thread: 0