Sweet SixPack Delight!- Mtbr.com
    wrecking crew

Sweet SixPack Delight!

Lookie Lookie at my new ride candy! Ain't she a beeeauty? Took her out to Hawes and it was all smiles!

Not brand new, but new to me and ultra-light on previous owner's use. Now lets see if I can get the pics to upload
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by su.ling~; 10-14-2006 at 07:28 PM.
    ~~~

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Great bike - It has some real nice bling. Enjoy.

Kathleen in AZ

Su Weeeet!!

Should be a great for tomorrow's SoMo ride!! See you in the AM...

Happy trails

nice ride !!

will we be seeing this one in action in at somo in the a.m.?
    Aaron

mtbr member
    Looks great - ya better post up on the Turner Forum so those guys can drool too.

What matter where?
    quite nice

Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
    dig it! congrats man and thanx for the link from the "other place". is that a demo bike from '05? the parts pick kinda says it might be. looks damn clean. haws and s. mtn huh? yer makin me crazy up here! i miss my old rides.
    No, I'm NOT back!

wrecking crew
    Quote Originally Posted by cactuscorn
    dig it! congrats man and thanx for the link from the "other place". is that a demo bike from '05? the parts pick kinda says it might be. looks damn clean. haws and s. mtn huh? yer makin me crazy up here! i miss my old rides.
    No...no demo bike but it is damn clean! No scratches on the swingarm. Zero dents and 1 light scratch on the Top Tube. No cable rub. No bottom scratch 'n scuff on the Talas 36 RC2s. Pretty darn nice actually! I was surprised when taking it out of the shipping box, the previous owner hardly rode it.

Hawes was beautiful today. Rained too so the traction was awesome! SoMo should be sweet tomorrow. Can't wait!!! Come visit and bring the bike!
    ~~~

Ouch, I am hot!
    Nice bike SuLing. Actually awesome awesome awesome bike. It sure is purty. All it needs is some battle scars. I have a love-hate relationship with my Turner. I love the bike, but hate the crazy things that result in pain that it makes me do.
    I AM JUST A JERK

No, that's not phonetic
    Gorgeous. I just picked up a small, gunmetal gray 6-Pack for Barny. She is way stoked on it. I've never heard her say "buttah" before.

Enjoy!
    My video techniques can be found in this thread.

PMP,TAN,LAUNDRY
    Me likey, likey.

Ride 'Til Your Knees Hurt
    Killer ride su.ling~! Be sure to post up a ride report after the c2c2c!

Not a Barry supporter.
    Quote Originally Posted by su.ling~
    Lookie Lookie at my new ride candy! Ain't she a beeeauty? Took her out to Hawes and it was all smiles!

Not brand new, but new to me and ultra-light on previous owner's use. Now lets see if I can get the pics to upload

I think The Tubes said it best "She's a bueaty."

Welcome BACK to the 26er world.
    Why would I need more than one gear?
    @A_SingleSpeeder
    EPA = crooks!

E~Pluribus Unum

26'ers rule!!!

Congradulations. We'll have to get some Bill Williams dirt on that thing.

Elitest thrill junkie
    It's good. Horst link and all. 6 packs go up and dowm mountains well. Pawl is right, we need to do a BW ride (again) before it becomes a frozen mess.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

mtbr member
    saweeeeeeeeeeeettt
    That lowdown scoundrel deserves to be kicked to death
    by a jackass, and I'm just the one to do it,"
    --A Democratic congressional candidate in Texas.

wrecking crew
    Thanks all for the great reception!

I have to admit, my first thought upon finishing the first ride was "buttah"! And is is sooo true. That bike does everything well! I cannot say enough good things about my SixPack! Me likey in a big BIG way!

It's second ride was a Coast2Coast2Coast of South Mountain which has rocks galore, drops galore, climbing galore, etc..etc... And it just rocked! I did stuff I would hesitate on before. I had never been past Buena Vista. The singletrack on that other side is just primo stuff. The sections along the mountainside with drops on one side and mountain on the other...mix in hairy drops and all and it was great! SO yes...I LOVE THAT BIKE!!!

Unfortunately coming back down National just above the waterfall, Aaron (tuc guy) drilled himself pretty hard and we had to call mountain rescue. Looks like he will be okay but haven't heard the final word on his condition. Luckily, one of the awesome chicks Dana had EMT training and took control of the whole situation and we got him as comfortable as possible until the Rescue guys arrived.
    ~~~

Happy trails

awesom job today..

i'll be the first to admit it.the girls out rode me all day! good times! you never would of guessed it was the 2nd time out on the six pack.
    curoius to see what jeff does to up the ante.
    again,nice bike and great rider
    Aaron

wrecking crew
    Quote Originally Posted by FATTRAXX
    i'll be the first to admit it.the girls out rode me all day! good times! you never would of guessed it was the 2nd time out on the six pack.
    curoius to see what jeff does to up the ante.
    again,nice bike and great rider
    As for outriding...Who cares who outrode who...we all had fun in a brutal kinda way...except for the unfortunate accident had by Aaron aka Guido - I had renamed him during the ride since we had two Aaron's.. Hope he is okay!

Jeff, I am predicting will be getting a SixPack/RFX in the near future! Thanks Aaron for all the nice compliments! Very Sweet!
    ~~~

Kathleen in AZ

New bike!

Ok, so I took a few pics of Su Ling today.... She is just so darned cute, how can I not?? The girl ROCKED on her new bike today. Hard to believe that she started mountain biking only this past spring. She's a natural and will go far with her skills. Ok, here are the pics:

wrecking crew
    DG, You are sooo sweet! ;-* Told you I smile goofy!

I need a Gravity Dropper! I got tired of the 'put your seat down for the gnarly dh sections' only to have to climb with the seat down in the next section. I could stop and put it back up only to drop it again a few hundred feet later. Next item to purchase...
    ~~~

Shovel Ready
    Very nice!

I have a 06 RFX and had the Fox DHX Coil "Pushed". If you ever think about doing anything with the rear shock. I highly recommend having the people at Push Industries fine tune the DHX Coil.
    Currently at Mayo Clinic being tested for a kidney transplant. Donors welcome.

mtbr member
    you rule SoMo! as Dale would say it's ALL the BIKE.

I predict the days of me riding together will soon end because you'll be up at the front mixing it up.

b
    b

igoslo
    Mmmm...

...Pimpy. Nice new ride SuLing! I take it pros outweighed cons on DG's bike and you just needed one of your own. I assume you figured out how to keep that 26" front wheel down? Now all we need to do is get you out on the singlespeed! The offer still stands to roll mine when I go out of town in two weeks.

Kathleen in AZ
    Quote Originally Posted by brianc
    you rule SoMo! as Dale would say it's ALL the BIKE.

I predict the days of me riding together will soon end because you'll be up at the front mixing it up.

b
    Don't worry B, I'll still be in the back with you while our girl is farther and farther out front However, I am happy to report that my hip injury is finally getting better and I hope to be stepping up the pace a bit as my fitness rebounds .....

wrecking crew
    Quote Originally Posted by DurtGurl
    Don't worry B, I'll still be in the back with you while our girl is farther and farther out front However, I am happy to report that my hip injury is finally getting better and I hope to be stepping up the pace a bit as my fitness rebounds .....
    Uh...no worries...I don't see myself setting any speed records...ha! DG was hauling ass yesterday so when her hip flexor gets to feeling better she's gonna leave me in the dust as I'm gasping for air!!! Both her and Dana were kicking butt on yesterday's ride!

Sean, I'll have to wait to ride the Sweet SS. No more money left and a girl can't have too many bikes! SO I wouldn't want to temp myself.
    ~~~

mtbr member
    Yeah SU, now you have no excuse walking down goatcamp with that nice rig your riding. Thats a sweet set up. NICE, later.

wrecking crew
    Quote Originally Posted by helimech
    Yeah SU, now you have no excuse walking down goatcamp with that nice rig your riding. Thats a sweet set up. NICE, later.
    Fear isn't a good enough excuse, mike? I need a disconnect button to the brain...
    ~~~

Meatpuppet
    ~WTF ?

I go on a doughnut and twinkie binge for a couple weeks and come back to this thing!!

I'm gonna have to spit polish my blue turd so I can ride on the same trail.

Congrats !!!!

That thing is friggin nice !!!
    My Third Eye Has A Cataract

mtbr member
    Fear isn't a good enough excuse, mike? I need a disconnect button to the brain...
    No you need that brain to help you with the flow. Just make sure AKA sets up that DHX for you , but you being a dirtbike chick can figure it out. Later.

wrecking crew
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtrodr
    ~WTF ?

I go on a doughnut and twinkie binge for a couple weeks and come back to this thing!!

Congrats !!!!

YOU'RE BACKKKKK!!!!!! WOOHOO!!!! Twinkie's are good deep fried you know...
    When we hitting pizza?

You missed a most delicious ride Sunday...the Coast2Coast2Coast...(except for Aaron't crash) The west end of SoMo is extraordinary!

Welcome back my friend!
    ~~~

doughnut and twinkie binge for a couple week
    You mean to tell me that I've been eating the wrong training food?!?!?!

Twinkie's are good deep fried you know...
    And then rolled in some Cytomax? Mmmmm, good ride food, eh?

WB dirtrodr...

Not a Barry supporter.

Is being dumb a good excuse? Because that's mine for sure. No need for a disconnect button when one can't think straight anyway.
    Why would I need more than one gear?
    @A_SingleSpeeder
    EPA = crooks!

Jeff, I am predicting will be getting a SixPack/RFX in the near future!
    Did you see this?

mtbr member
    ~WTF ?

Congrats !!!!

Hey Chris,

I'm missing my riding partner

Her ride is way sweet! She hauls butt on it too and was taking some big drops.

Ouch, I am hot!

Major Points of Order

I have a few "CORRECTIONS" per the Shining to the comments on this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by su.ling
    As for outriding...Who cares who outrode who...
    This is true, with only one exception. Walt. I don't care who outrides who, unless it is Walt. I must, and always have, outridden Walt. And, that is ALL I care about.

Hard to believe that she started mountain biking only this past spring.
    Don't be fooled by the world of MotoX people. Sorry, but MotoXers don't get mountain biking newbie credit. These people are perhaps the most insane-extreme people on earth. They crash and burn at extreme speeds and fly through the air and woop de woos as if they were nothing. Rolling over a few bits of rocks here and there at 5 mph is a walk in the park for these freaks. If I was in charge of mountain biking rules, MotoX people would be banned from any and all newbie credit and would be automatically assessed "A" rider status even if they couldn't ride up a driveway without blowing chunks in aerobic exhaustion.

She is just so darned cute...
    Excuse me DurtGurl, but mountain bikers don't do "cute". Yes, the picture of SuLing and MonkeyButt is very cute. Indeed, I was tearing up inside when I saw it. I am thinking about making a poster of it and putting it in my bedroom. BUT, these feelings, even in women, must be kept to ourselves. The outside world must never know that mountain bikers can be cute.
    I AM JUST A JERK

wrecking crew
    Quote Originally Posted by cycljunkie
    Did you see this?
    As a matter of fact yes...I've been watching & waiting...
    ~~~

wrecking crew
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirdir
    Don't be fooled by the world of MotoX people. Sorry, but MotoXers don't get mountain biking newbie credit. These people are perhaps the most insane-extreme people on earth. They crash and burn at extreme speeds and fly through the air and woop de woos as if they were nothing. Rolling over a few bits of rocks here and there at 5 mph is a walk in the park for these freaks. If I was in charge of mountain biking rules, MotoX people would be banned from any and all newbie credit and would be automatically assessed "A" rider status even if they couldn't ride up a driveway without blowing chunks in aerobic exhaustion.
    Please, you must have me confused with someone else cuz I indeed rode singletrack on dirtbikes, but I did not MotoX anything. JEFF is the guilty party of doing it all. He is scary fast on a momo...climbs walls, freaking offcamber scary ST that would make you faint, you name it. HE does the insane stuff. I just putt-putted along.

Excuse me DurtGurl, but mountain bikers don't do "cute". Yes, the picture of SuLing and MonkeyButt is very cute. Indeed, I was tearing up inside when I saw it. I am thinking about making a poster of it and putting it in my bedroom. BUT, these feelings, even in women, must be kept to ourselves. The outside world must never know that mountain bikers can be cute.
    What?!! We can't be noted as "cute"? What about Hot?
    ~~~

involuntary dismounter
    very cool bike! looks from the victory pose like the first ride was a success! congrats!!! good to see a chick on an awesome bike...i'm sick of seeing all those girls on sad HTs riding behind SOs with top of the line stuff...you go girl!!!
    Solo Trail Explorer and Granny Gear Ninja!

friends will help you move, good friends will help you move a body...

Elitest thrill junkie

Yes, the picture of SuLing and MonkeyButt is very cute.
    Actually, I thought MB kind of looks like Right Said Fred in that picture.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

Ouch, I am hot!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayem
    Actually, I thought MB kind of looks like Right Said Fred in that picture.
    Yes he does. And, as with cute, mountain bikers don't do Right Said Fred either.

And SuLing, I suppose hot is acceptable, otherwise I could not be a mountain biker. Ouch, I just burned myself again.
    I AM JUST A JERK

wrecking crew

Kinda OT...

Okay Dirdir...I drummed up some pics of Jeff climbing a wall & at the dunes...Crazy MXers...
    Last edited by su.ling~; 10-17-2006 at 08:25 AM.
    ~~~

wrecking crew
    Quote Originally Posted by dHarriet
    very cool bike! looks from the victory pose like the first ride was a success! congrats!!! good to see a chick on an awesome bike...i'm sick of seeing all those girls on sad HTs riding behind SOs with top of the line stuff...you go girl!!!
    Thanks dHarriet! Always great to see capable chicks on awesome bikes! I have found some incredible women riders here!
    ~~~

Meatpuppet
    Quote Originally Posted by AKA Monkeybutt
    Hey Chris,

I'm missing my riding partner

Her ride is way sweet! She hauls butt on it too and was taking some big drops.

yeeeaahh.............I kinda lost my mind for a while there!!!

I did find part of it though so I should be alright

I haven't touched "anything" resembling cardio in like 3+ weeks so I'll prolly be needing an introduction to my lungs again, and de-glaze them from all the frosting I've been inhaling.

Anyways..................sorry!!

Whats up with the pads you and Su goin soft on me?

Meatpuppet
    Okay Dirdir...I drummed up some pics of Jeff climbing a wall & at the dunes...Crazy MXers...

Jeffro..............no shirt buddy?

Dont be that guy.......................we make fun of "that guy".

Nice climb though.........
    What are they? Brass or blinged out in silver?
    Whatever they are, them are some biggins !!
    (rhetorical question, for comedy purposes only)

wrecking crew
    Jessss..a beeeg softeeee! Michael (FuzzyDuds) strapped that body armor on my legs for fear I would mash them up worse than I already had! Had a 'failure to unclip douche-bag moment'...new pedals/new cleats... Always good for a laugh!

Come ride, Chris...anytime! Your cardio will kick back in....amazingly your body will remember!
    ~~~

Meatpuppet
    [QUOTE=su.ling~]Jessss..a beeeg softeeee! Michael (FuzzyDuds) strapped that body armor on my legs for fear I would mash them up worse than I already had! Had a 'failure to unclip douche-bag moment'...new pedals/new cleats... Always good for a laugh!
    QUOTE]

Yeah, those are great

I am Doctor Remulak
    I haven't touched "anything" resembling cardio in like 3+ weeks so I'll prolly be needing an introduction to my lungs again, and de-glaze them from all the frosting I've been inhaling.
    Sweet, we can ride together at the back of the pack.

mtbr member
    yeeeaahh.............I kinda lost my mind for a while there!!!

I did find part of it though so I should be alright

Anyways..................sorry!!

Whats up with the pads you and Su goin soft on me?
    Put the twinkies down and get your butt out there with us. You missed some SWEET stuff past Buena Vista last Sunday but we'll get out there again.

Let's find your lungs on Sat

Not going soft with the pads. There's some gnar past BV so we were told it's not a bad idea. Good stuff

Members who have read this thread: 0