AKA shitbird

Sunrise. I see dirt....won't be long now

C'mon Memorial Day. Open, Open, Open..........pleeeeeease

sunrise webcam.jpg
    JRA

banned
    Is that the day when it opens? If so I need to make a time off request.

braped
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by cesslinger
    Is that the day when it opens? If so I need to make a time off request.
    traditionally they open on memorial day. depends if the mountain is clear of snow. Keep in mind that since they were not open last year the trails will need a lot of work.
    I tried to huck the Gnar and the Gnar hucked back.

banned
    Sooo... having 5 days off for 4th of July is a better bet??

braped
    Aug 2008
    yeah probably, as there is no way to predict if they will be able to open, or if the trails will be rideable.
    I tried to huck the Gnar and the Gnar hucked back.

AKA shitbird
    Also, you should know that they are only open Saturday's and Sunday's. I'd call them before making any plans because they are usually closed for biking at least one weekend in the summer for an archery contest.

I know, lot's of "ifs" and "maybe's". they don't exactly run like a Whistler operation.
    JRA

banned
    So... arrive at candy mountain on Thursday evening, ride Friday, go to Sunrise on Saturday morning, ride Sat and Sun, get home Sunday and chill on Monday. Going back to work will be a pain if I can pull this off.

mtbr member

4 of July

4 of July weekend they usally have their Archery shoot no Mt bikeing or lift acess at all to many arrows flying around
    JRA

mtbr member
    Don't jinx it Moe.
    SHITBIRD

banned
    I can deal with dodging arrows. Why do they call it armor if it won't protect against arrows? Marketing gimmicks.

mtbr member
    A dude at work says his grand pappy has acres up there in show low that we can build DJ's and a flow track on. ANd we can use his tractors.

Now pull that off. DJ's one day, Candy the next then Sunrise.
    Got Daytons on the Motha Ship - Cube

AKA shitbird
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyBoyR6
    A dude at work says his grand pappy has acres up there in show low that we can build DJ's and a flow track on. ANd we can use his tractors.

Now pull that off. DJ's one day, Candy the next then Sunrise.

Jumps and berms and TRACTORS?! Show me the way!!!
    JRA

suvlako
    Not sure if people care but, Sunrise updated it's web page with more pics of MTB and it actually says they will be open Memorial day weekend for lift rides and mountain biking. Any official word from the cactus folks?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by suvlako
    Not sure if people care but, Sunrise updated it's web page with more pics of MTB and it actually says they will be open Memorial day weekend for lift rides and mountain biking. Any official word from the cactus folks?

update.....Sunrise says they will be opening per Land Manger as schudeled, depending on conditions, as you can see there's lots of snow on the hill.......... IMO it might be later as bad as that my sound, we will be up there as of May 14th to set up shop @ the same spot bout 45 mins away from the hill in Pine top and plan on meeting with Bill (Ski Hill Manger) on the 15th and getting a BIRDS eye view of the place, along with Candy Mnt., need to check on our baby!!!!

SO, that being sad that's when the post will go up for TRAIL WORK.
    As we all know most trails will need A LOT of clearing and most likely rerouting.
    WE plan on having a few trail crews.... if they approve.

That's it fer now.......Keep yer eyes posted for TRAIL WORK and "TBA EVENT DATES"

Shred...it's the new drug
    I'm in for a trail crew!!! LMK steveo... I need to get dirty

I'm Lazy, So I Shuttle
    i will help as long as i have too hands to work with.
    The secret to mountain biking is pretty simple. The slower you go the more likely it is you'll crash.- Julie Furtado

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by SmokenspokesSteve-o
    update.....Sunrise says they will be opening per Land Manger as schudeled, depending on conditions, as you can see there's lots of snow on the hill.......... IMO it might be later as bad as that my sound, we will be up there as of May 14th to set up shop @ the same spot bout 45 mins away from the hill in Pine top and plan on meeting with Bill (Ski Hill Manger) on the 15th and getting a BIRDS eye view of the place, along with Candy Mnt., need to check on our baby!!!!

As we all know most trails will need A LOT of clearing and most likely rerouting.

That's it fer now.......Keep yer eyes posted for TRAIL WORK and "TBA EVENT DATES"
    Damn I am soooo bummed that I'll be gone soon and won't get to ride Candy Mountain with ya all I'm gonna be waiting a while too before the snow clears off the mtns up north http://www.wyoroad.info/highway/webc...TetonPass.html What I'm gonna do for my adrenaline fix if I can't ride?

sixsixtysix

I am sure we can get an army up there to do trail work if need be. Your old a$$ will need all the help you can get...

Happy Bday Geezer!

suvlako
    you wanna start a thread with a sign up with phone numbers and such? I am in. I'll bring the chains saw and bow saws!!

mtbr member
    soon,soon...... thankxs fer show of support guys...will need it...

Man, droped 33.5 miles today..... LoL getting ready fer the sunrise....

mtbr member
    That is good news. I am heading up to work on a new spot in Taylor az that will be open to most. If anyone wants to build this weekend let me know. Check out the Build Opportunity thread.

mtbr member

Taylor...

That's my home town where about in Taylor?

suvlako

Even less snow. Gentlemen, start your engines!

mtbr member
    Everyone get in the mindset to help throw some dirt and pick up a shovel. That is earn your turn.

When the call comes in lets get up thar and make good.

JD. Not too sure where in Taylor, but if ou are interested let me know.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007

It's so cute seeing Andy all bundled up. Seeing this pictures gets me so excited it's almost stupid.

On a sidebar Flagstaff riding is going to be even better so I guess best of both worlds?

AKA shitbird
    Quote Originally Posted by assgrinder

It's so cute seeing Andy all bundled up. Seeing this pictures gets me so excited it's almost stupid.

On a sidebar Flagstaff riding is going to be even better so I guess best of both worlds?

What a bunch of jotos on that lift! I've never seen that pic, thanks. Got andy, me, tony, who's on the right? Is that Michael?
    JRA

dirt visionary
    Damn Mo I thought that was you.....Time for a new helmet as that ones been around a long time
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of
    arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by eabos
    What a bunch of jotos on that lift! I've never seen that pic, thanks. Got andy, me, tony, who's on the right? Is that Michael?
    DUDE that is The general . You are in so much trouble !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    JRA

AKA shitbird
    Quote Originally Posted by clockwork
    Damn Mo I thought that was you.....Time for a new helmet as that ones been around a long time

That helmet broke in half last weekend...snell/ DOT my ass!.....I kinda broke it on purpose...shhhh don't tell anyone
    JRA

AKA shitbird
    Quote Originally Posted by A.P.B
    DUDE that is The general . You are in so much trouble !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Oops.......He's gonna beat my ass and ridicule me isn't he?
    JRA

mtbr member
    Oops.......He's gonna beat my ass and ridicule me isn't he?
    No I won't beat the unemployed and homeless. Joking .
    SHITBIRD

AKA shitbird
    Quote Originally Posted by helimech
    No I won't beat the unemployed and homeless. Joking .
    Heeeeeeey, I'm not homeless!..........yet. But if I don't find a job soon I'm gonna be squatting in your pop-up tent trailer
    JRA

mtbr member
    Heeeeeeey, I'm not homeless!..........yet. But if I don't find a job soon I'm gonna be squatting in your pop-up tent trailer
    Sure you can use it, you would fit that trailer trash look just fine. You can have your bikes hanging around out front in peices. Perk up, you'll find something soon.
    SHITBIRD

suvlako

Flagstaff?

When you say Flag, do you mean lift accessed at Snowbowl? That initiative passed or are you referring to local shuttle runs?

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    When you say Flag, do you mean lift accessed at Snowbowl? That initiative passed or are you referring to local shuttle runs?
    Just shuttle runs. Haha. Didn't mean to confuse. We are hoping for 1000-3000 signatures for that petition before it gets taken to FS/Snowbowl Managers

mtbr member
    Just shuttle runs. Haha. Didn't mean to confuse. We are hoping for 1000-3000 signatures for that petition before it gets taken to FS/Snowbowl Managers
    How is the road up Elden looking? Are we gonna need a rock crawler to shuttle this summer?
    DDKS

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    I signed that petition - we can only hope! Broke a helmet....any video of that?

mtbr member
    Yeah Mo how about some video. I know my neck hurt for at least a month when I broke mine.

AKA shitbird
    I wish I had a good story but no story at all. Wasn't even on the bike when I broke it

I was tired of that one and realized that summer is here and it's too hot for a full face... so I sacrificed it to the pavement. Yes I'm now the downhiller wearing an XC helmet looking like a dork.
    JRA

I wish I had a good story but no story at all. Wasn't even on the bike when I broke it

I was tired of that one and realized that summer is here and it's too hot for a full face... so I sacrificed it to the pavement. Yes I'm now the downhiller wearing an XC helmet looking like a dork.
    You looked like a dork with a full face before, but you shred like you're wrapped in bubble wrap

mtbr member

sunrise

Ok gang here is an update.........spoke with Bill everything is a go...how ever as, I stated before IMO they may not open on time, which is the case as of now due to Lots of snow still on the ground......

So......... for those of you that WANT to prove to them that we are a STRONG, SEMI ORGANIZED, RESPONSIBLE user group SHOW up for trail work and possible riding...

I WILL POST UP A NEW TOPIC FOR "TRAIL WORK @ SUNRISE" AFTER WE MEET WITH BILL NEXT FRIDAY THE 15TH. SO TILL THEN GET YOUR TOOLS AND BIKES READY BOITCHS and PRAY FOR HEAT WAVES....but not fer to long....

ALSO EVENT DATES HAVE BEEN APPROVED KEEP YOUR EYES POST FOR "SUNRISE RACE DATES" coming soon

this is the most up to date **** you can get from a honkie....word

I'm Lazy, So I Shuttle

sweet!!

Thats great news! I can only hope to be able to help build and ride in time....gives me motivation to keep the pt going...
    The secret to mountain biking is pretty simple. The slower you go the more likely it is you'll crash.- Julie Furtado

Right on steveo!!!! I can wait, any word on the conditions at candy? Good on for keeping on them!

mtbr member
    So......... for those of you that WANT to prove to them that we are a STRONG, SEMI ORGANIZED, RESPONSIBLE user group SHOW up for trail work and possible riding...
    Crap...
    Quote Originally Posted by azdog View Post
    I think he was born around the time of the Chernobyl fallout which would explain a lot.

The .05 percent
    weather in the high 70s all week. should melt a little snow.

suvlako
    Steve,

Don't know ya, but I wanted to thank you. You can count on me for some trailwork! Thanks again,

Art
    Ok gang here is an update.........spoke with Bill everything is a go...how ever as, I stated before IMO they may not open on time, which is the case as of now due to Lots of snow still on the ground......

I WILL POST UP A NEW TOPIC FOR "TRAIL WORK @ SUNRISE" AFTER WE MEET WITH BILL NEXT FRIDAY THE 15TH. SO TILL THEN GET YOUR TOOLS AND BIKES READY BOITCHS and PRAY FOR HEAT WAVES....but not fer to long....

ALSO EVENT DATES HAVE BEEN APPROVED KEEP YOUR EYES POST FOR "SUNRISE RACE DATES" coming soon

this is the most up to date **** you can get from a honkie....word

Members who have read this thread: 0