Shred...it's the new drug

Summer Trip? Jackson Holla!!! End of July...

The burgandy Braap braap crew is planning a trip up to Jackson Hole, WY the last weekend in July and was wondering who else wants to go. We can fit up to 8 more bro's or gals and are planning on leaving on a thursday evening coming back on monday night. It's a short 12ish hour drive to some of the bestest sweetest DH singletrack in the west!!! Here's a teaser of the first lap down the Parallel trail this year... If you want more stokage, youtube Freedom Riders or check back for updates! PM for more details...

from Andrew Whiteford on Vimeo.

Alive and Lurkin'
    Whoa that looks like a blast!

But I cant go anywhere until after classes let out Aug. 5th.

I'll be living vicariously through these posts until then.
    Pumpin & Pimpin

mtbr member
    Nice! That sounds like an awesome trip Bob. I will be up there in 10 days...super excited!

mtbr member
    12 hours you sure? Seemed to take me longer when on my bike averaging 100mph. Those Grand Tetons sure did look perdy though.
    Got Daytons on the Motha Ship - Cube

mtbr member
    shiitballs, that looks fun!

Matty. ..hence the Ishmael. All depends on How long sh!t lake salty traffic holds us hostage.

Tmarkos. ..that's the short easy trail. Wait till you see the real goods.

Joey...git some! Talk to Wilson backcountry at the bottom of the pass for the goods or pm me for my buddy's number...

mtbr member
    google says 16 hrs... maybe 12 with no stops goin really fast. maybe i'll meet you guys up there, looks fun

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Are you talkin about the 29th thru the 2nd or the weekend before?

Yes...29th to 2nd

Evan...my bro who lives up there and does his bi-annual pilgrimage back to AZ can do the run in under 13 hours solo and has for the las 5 years. gotta know the sneaky route If it ends up being 14 its still sooooo worth it! Freedom Riders shuttle trails, JacksonHole Mountain resort lift access, Targee Mountain Lift Access, Snake River Brewing Co., Pica's mexican food at the bottom of every shuttle run....man I could go on and on.
    Here's Grand Targee

mtbr member
    that trail looks like so much FUN

Elitest thrill junkie
    I wanna go! I got some friends up there that know the trails.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

aka Swamp ThAAng
    My wife and I leave for Breck on July 9th -18. If I can pull it off after that trip, I'm in . But I need specifics, there buddy. What's the return on investing 26+ hrs of driving? How many days of shreddage? FYI, for some clarity, Kari and I drive this yearly, to and from. Phx - Breck is 12-13 hrs, depending on how long the doggy/food breaks are, at 755 miles, averaging 70-75mph. Phx - Jackson, which i've never driven, is 917 miles, 162 miles further. Just trying to add perspective. I hope I can go, it sounds/looks awesome!
    Bulls**t is the glue that binds our nation - George Carlin

Swamp Thaang Groupie
    Quote Originally Posted by shockrwave
    My wife and I leave for Breck on July 9th -18. If I can pull it off after that trip, I'm in . But I need specifics, there buddy. What's the return on investing 26+ hrs of driving? How many days of shreddage? FYI, for some clarity, Kari and I drive this yearly, to and from. Phx - Breck is 12-13 hrs, depending on how long the doggy/food breaks are, at 755 miles, averaging 70-75mph. Phx - Jackson, which i've never driven, is 917 miles, 162 miles further. Just trying to add perspective. I hope I can go, it sounds/looks awesome!
    You have drove with bob on a shred mission before. No stops pee in cups, switching driver duties at 100MPH

14D
    mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Looks sick. I'm probably down, would just like to know more details.

braped
    Aug 2008
    I might be down. Is this a camping trip?
    I tried to huck the Gnar and the Gnar hucked back.

I gotta figure out gas details but we got the ok for camping in my bro's back yard so lodging will be cheap. pretty much gotta kick in for some gas, bring food and beer $$ a sleeping bag, tent and shred gear and you'll be good to go! II've got a few PM's, but send more if you wanna go, I'll start making the list of maybe's and get info out to you.
    Foote were you in prescott on saturday...I saw you and honked but you were concentrated on the road.

Elitest thrill junkie
    My buddy lives at the bottom of that trail (Teton Pass), so I know I'll be set for lodging if I go, I think it may work out really good. I think I'm down!
    Last edited by Jayem; 06-01-2010 at 06:14 AM.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

mtbr member
    Yo James, yep you've got a place to stay. I've got an old pickup for you to drive around too if you end up carpooling up here and need an extra vehicle.

If more people are looking for a place to camp our cabin is on an acre in the woods near the bottom of Teton Pass. A smallish group would be welcome to camp in our yard.

There is a lot of free camping options right up on the pass too, but just keep in mind we've already had Grizzly sightings this year.

Give yourself time to ride because we have a LOT of mind blowing single track to check out. The Parallel Trail in the video is only the bottom half of the new jump/feature trail on the pass. We have miles of single track that will keep all levels of riders entertained, including 6 shuttle trails around Teton pass; from smooth and flowy to full on DH bike worthy. By the time you get here we will hopefully have lift access open at two resorts and a DJ park at Snow King near down town Jackson. Of course we also have many epic XC rides all around town so there is something for everyone.

For those of you that don't know our local trail builders are the Teton Freedom Riders. They are the first group of builders in the nation that has worked along with the Forest Service to get user specific mountain bike trails in the National Forest. For example, on our DH only trails you don't worry about climbing bike traffic, hikers or horse riders, becuase they all have their own trails. This year TFR has a full time paid crew that is building a completely new DH trail from the top of the pass, in addition to expanding several other trails.

By the way, it takes 16 hours for us to get to Prescott from here, driving the speed limit and avoiding rush hours in S.L.C. and Vegas.
    Last edited by hogfarmer; 06-01-2010 at 10:31 AM.

mtbr member
    Ill be down for this!!
    If you need an extra vehicle for shtuff and people I can bring the 4 door tacoma.

... on second thought, if there is room in the van for shuttling, Ill bring my truck for sure since ill probably want to bring the DJ and the DH.

mtbr member
    Don't forget, all the trails on the pass end at the best little Whiskey bar in the west, the Stage Coach Bar. Home to the Stage Coach Band every Sunday night. They are the longest continually playing western band in the country, led by living legend Bill Briggs, the first man to ski the Grand!

Bill Briggs and Bob Dylan, 1985

Just another little country western bar?

https://maybewerecrazy.com/?p=260

aka Swamp ThAAng
    Quote Originally Posted by hogfarmer
    Don't forget, all the trails on the pass end at the best little Whiskey bar in the west, the Stage Coach Bar. Home to the Stage Coach Band every Sunday night. They are the longest continually playing western band in the country, led by living legend Bill Briggs, the first man to ski the Grand!

Bill Briggs and Bob Dylan, 1985

Just another little country western bar?

https://maybewerecrazy.com/?p=260
    That must be Late Drop, in the background, back "when his hair was long" yet again having eaten his acid 45 minutes after the rest of the band.
    Bulls**t is the glue that binds our nation - George Carlin

14D
    mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Is this official enough for me to put in for the time off work?

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    So if you have time, maybe come up a little earlier. We're having a mtn bike festival in Teton Valley- the first annual Wydaho Rendezvous- from July 23-24-25. Amazing raffle prizes that include:
    Maverick ML8 frame, size large, orange paint, retail value $1,499
    Maverick SC32 29er suspension fork, blue anodized, Retail Value $625
    Fox TALUS 32 RLC 15QR suspension fork,

then demo bikes from Giant, Rocky Mountain, Titus, Turner, and Maverick

Check out our website at

Swamp Thaang Groupie
    Take the time off bro! 29th to the 3rd. We should be back Monday night, but you never know. I would take of Thursday to Tuesday to be safe.

Wish we could come up early for the ho down. Those are the days Bob and i have taken off already.

Yes...I'm committed to making it happen! This will be my third year in a row.

14D
    mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Time off has been approved, I'm in!

mtbr member
    You guys need to stop by Green River Wyoming on the way up and ride their new bike park:

http://www.greenriverbikepark.com/

Update!!! This trip is gonna rock!!!
    So far confirmed:
    LatedripPumpy
    AbC "hoff"
    Jayem
    14D
    Possible:
    Swamp sauce
    Cranky?
    Kubo
    Foote
    Turtle Gurl
    Flow Down

We will be camping on by buddy's property. Showers and bathroom will be available as will a grill and cooking area and a bike wash. (except for jayem who will be getting hot oil massages and home cooked dinner from his buddy)
    I want to set together a night next week, (June 28, 29, 30th) for a little planning party at my house or ABhighclass's for a viewing of Freedom riders, some footage I got from last year and maybe some Spinato's pizza(best in the planet). We'll all get to know eachother and figure out route's, transports, equiptment, food, entertainment, etc. PM me as to which day will work for you.

Bump Bump Bump...I'm stoked stoked stoked!!!

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    that was a good watch. thanks.
    i don't think i'd attempt that trail though for me. i can't afford to be out of work.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    what group is that song?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by latedropbob
    Update!!! This trip is gonna rock!!!
    So far confirmed:
    LatedripPumpy
    AbC "hoff"
    Jayem
    14D
    Possible:
    Swamp sauce
    Cranky?
    Kubo
    Foote
    Turtle Gurl
    Flow Down

We will be camping on by buddy's property. Showers and bathroom will be available as will a grill and cooking area and a bike wash. (except for jayem who will be getting hot oil massages and home cooked dinner from his buddy)
    I want to set together a night next week, (June 28, 29, 30th) for a little planning party at my house or ABhighclass's for a viewing of Freedom riders, some footage I got from last year and maybe some Spinato's pizza(best in the planet). We'll all get to know eachother and figure out route's, transports, equiptment, food, entertainment, etc. PM me as to which day will work for you.

Bump Bump Bump...I'm stoked stoked stoked!!!
    Super stoked about this!
    I can try to pull some strings to have britney spears there for entertainment... no?

14D
    mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    I doubt I can make it up there for the planning party, just keep me in the loop and figure out where I can leave my car. Stoked, can't wait!

mtbr member
    We will be camping on by buddy's property.

What is his name? If he lives in Wilson and rides mountain bikes I probably know him. He may even be a neighbor.

By the way, we have a momma Griz and 2 cubs living above the Creator Lake area and have been sighted up into Phillips Canyon. That is basically right in the dead center of all of our trails on the pass. Three days ago I saw Griz poop ON the Ridge Trail above the Wilson Faces.

Might be a good idea to pick up some bear spray to ride with if you don't already have some.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by roc865
    that was a good watch. thanks.
    i don't think i'd attempt that trail though for me. i can't afford to be out of work.
    The cool part about that trail (and most of our trails) is there are ride arounds for all the features. It's a perfect place to learn and progress.

Bump bump!!!

Here's the updates so far:

Leaving: July 29th 3pmish from Tempe
    Taking a leisurely drive toward flag, then page, and then to SLC for Deer Valley ripping Friday morning/afternoon
    Finish driving to jackson that night for grub and sleep and pre-shred party.
    Saturday, shred on the freedom riders trails
    Sunday, shred Jackson hole resort and more FRT
    Monday...shred Grand Targee resort and more FRT
    Tuesday more of same...leave afternoon to get back into phoenix for wed. mornin' shuttles of doom!!!
    Other activities to include river surfing, fishing, cajoling with locals, eating guacamole, drinking fresh brewed beers, etc, etc, etc...

So far Confirmed:
    Latedrip
    AnnyHoff
    14D? (is that tuesday cool for you?)
    Jayem??? (forgot to ask you last weekend)
    If it's just this many we'll be taking my truck, if more, maybe I can get my pops suburban, if more, CARAVAN!!! or we can rent a van for $100 a day to make it comfy...

I'm getting stoked...

(hogfarmer...my buddy's name is James, rides a silver big hit drives a tan silverado and is a fly fishing guide)

mtbr member
    Are you taking I-80 from SLC to Wyoming? You guys should take a small detour and stop by Green River for a few hours and shred the Green River Bike Park. It's about an hour (or so) east of Evanston where you will be turning north to head towards Jackson Hole.

I'm going by there this afternoon to hit the pump track for lunch and check it out.

http://www.greenriverbikepark.com

cranky that's a definite possiblity...that drive through idaho kinda sucks. how's the park work with big bikes? I don't think anyone except 14D is bringing a pump bike(cause that's all he rides)

mtbr member
    It's probably suited for bigger bikes... They have a bunch of jumps, stunts, ladder bridges, etc... Check out the photo's section. I will bring my camera this afternoon and post some photos on this thread later today.

14D
    mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Coming back tuesday is alright for me, I probably have to work wednesday though. You have a ball park figure cost wise for the trip?

Swamp Thaang Groupie
    Who's coming with us to Jackson? We still need to figure out our driving arrangements?

July 29th leave 3PMish return Aug. 3 late night........................

Duck you in?

Looks like it might just be you, me and 14D...oh well, more shred for us! Don't worry folks, we'll be constantly updating you on how much sick trail you're missing

Elitest thrill junkie
    Yeah, sorry. It's too much time away from work for me.

J

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    I just got back from Jackson and it was SICK! Make sure to ride the new Fuzzy Bunny trail, it has an awesome step down and flow. I hung out at the coach, got my picture with Bill and had a burrito, good times.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by raisingarizona
    I just got back from Jackson and it was SICK! Make sure to ride the new Fuzzy Bunny trail, it has an awesome step down and flow. I hung out at the coach, got my picture with Bill and had a burrito, good times.

Did you hit that step down? I only saw it on the first or second day they were building it, but it looked BIG.

mtbr member
    hmmm... you guys are going same weekend as crankworx. tough choice

mtbr member
    I rode there earlier this summer on my drive out to NY and those trails are SIIIIICCCK. You guys will have the time of your lives. I am jealous, I want to go again!

Quote Originally Posted by flOw dOwn
    hmmm... you guys are going same weekend as crankworx. tough choice
    tons of people, parties, crowded trails vs. minimal people, mellow lifestyle, tacky open trails, 3 lift assisted parks and some super sick volunteer built trails, fly fishing, river surfing, buffalo burgers...I think we made the right choice

Last call, we've got one open seat if anyone wants it!

The stoke is building...

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by hogfarmer
    Did you hit that step down? I only saw it on the first or second day they were building it, but it looked BIG.
    I rode through once on a warm up run so I passed it up but it looked really smooth. I got a good picture of Phil W. sending it. Next time for sure. Good work up there, I was very impressed. We are in the negotiating stages with our National Forest here in Flagstaff right now with creating a solution for free riding so the trip had a lot more to do with learning what has gone on up there then riding unfortunately but I still had a blast. Lithium had me giggling the whole way down!

Quote Originally Posted by raisingarizona
    I rode through once on a warm up run so I passed it up but it looked really smooth. I got a good picture of Phil W. sending it. Next time for sure. Good work up there, I was very impressed. We are in the negotiating stages with our National Forest here in Flagstaff right now with creating a solution for free riding so the trip had a lot more to do with learning what has gone on up there then riding unfortunately but I still had a blast. Lithium had me giggling the whole way down!
    Good on you buddy!!! I love me some lithium too... Let me know when you guys need a hand building anything up there, we'll bring a van of workers up from the valley!!!

Here's our first stop that we'll be hitting Friday morning
    http://www.deervalley.com/activities...criptions.html

here we come!!!

mtbr member

here we come!!!
    that was the most stoke yet

Swamp Thaang Groupie

here we come!!!
    Wrong Jackson!

Either way its still a Jackson! At least we're at deer Valley getting some rest so we can shred!

Members who have read this thread: 0