stolen bike alert- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

stolen bike alert

where: sardella's pizza - 43rd ave and cactus
    when: 5:45 pm tonight
    what: 2009 giant trance x3 frame, custom parts build as noted:

2009 trance x3 frame : M : PUSHed float R
    2009 revelation air u-turn 140mm
    dt/swiss 240s hubs, upgraded 36 pt. : mavic 819 rims : dt/swiss revolution spokes
    10mm bolt on rear, 9mm bolt on front : hadley axles
    maxxis minion DHF 2.35 tires : 42a fr, 60a rr, tubeless
    sunline 80mm x 0* stem
    easton ea70 low rise monkeybar
    sunline logo thin grips
    formula oro k24 brakes : 160 mm rotors
    gravity dropper 1 x 3 post
    wtb lazer v saddle
    truvativ stylo crankset : bottom bracket : 32t race face ring
    time atac xs pedals
    XO rr shifter
    XO rr mech - mid cage
    pg990 cassette
    pc971 chain
    e*13 xcx single ring guide

the only difference is i had my hadley rear wheel on instead of the dt/swiss 240s and had an x.9 shifter and rear mech.

yea i didn't follow my own rule of always having my bike locked to my rack...
    walked in to pay for my pizza, walked out less than 2 minutes later - bike is gone.

there probably aren't a ton of riders around this board that live in this area but if anyone sees anything please let me know - 602 391 5258

mtbr member
    Man that sucks, I live just around the corner, and ride an '09 X3 too. I'll definatly keep em peeled for you.

mtbr member
    I live not far from there and am working PT at Swiss just down the street- keeping my eyes peeled. Quick question though- if I see the ass riding it, is it okay if I run them over or at the very least fender kiss 'em?
    Vassago Cycles, Shadetree Bikes, Flat Tire Bikes, Galfer Brakes USA

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    That bites i will scan the clist here in Tucson. I hope you get it back soon.

Break it, Fix it, Ride it
    MTB RAGE!!!!!!! I can't stand thieves and that is a pretty sweet ride. I like to pretend the bungies I strap my bike to my rack will stall these azzhats long enough for me to run in the store for a sec. Any longer than that and it gets the cable. I'm feeling it for you man, never a good feeling. Looks like some love was put into the bike as well. Here's hoping the universe rewards you and punishes the scum. Time to bank any good karma you've accredited!
    Today's the day I eat bikes.

mtbr member
    Do you have homeowners insurance? A friend had his bike fall off the roof rack a couple of weeks ago and HO ins covered the repairs. Seems they would do the same for theft. If you don't catch the doosh first.

My other ride is your mom
    Dude....don't ask a guy after his bike is stolen if he has homeowners insurance.....I'm confident if he did, he would know it and would be exercising it as I type.....otherwise, you're just rubbing salt in the wound.....

mtbr member
    thanks to everyone in the area looking out and yes, i fully condone violence towards bike thieves...

i do have insurance and they will be taking care of it but that's not the point obviously. as much fun as it is shopping for and building up a new bike i'd much rather have this one back and not have to go through this whole thing. not to mention i don't even know if i'll be able to find the same frame.

if anyone has a line on a M 2009 trance x3 frame you know where to find me.

mtbr member
    Sorry 'size. Wasn't trying to rub it in. Not everyone knows that HO ins. would cover things that. I didn't until 2 weeks ago. I'll also keep an eye on c-list, for yours and for a frame. I did come across a M '09 X4. I believe other than paint, the frames are the same. $875 for the whole bike. http://prescott.craigslist.org/bik/1648558655.html

mtbr member
    Found this. Posted on 2/2010 so not sure if it's still available, and the location listed is in the northeast. http://www.ridemonkey.com/classifieds/cat-2/ad-12982/

Shred...it's the new drug
    bummer cuz...that really sucks! makes me think twice about forgetting my lock ever again. hopefully we can find that f*ck and pull his fingernails out with a rusty pair of pliers....

SamuraiBunnyGuy
    im going to plaster a huffy decal on my bike as a deterrent

mtbr member
    FOKKERS!!! check CL, mine popped up there for a minute before the ad was pulled. I'm not allowed to have a gun, but I do own a nice machete...

Rhino
    Quote Originally Posted by longhairmike
    im going to plaster a huffy decal on my bike as a deterrent
    dude, you haven't seen the crack head bikes in the PHX. Huffy stickers are no deterrent.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by berzerker
    FOKKERS!!! check CL, mine popped up there for a minute before the ad was pulled. I'm not allowed to have a gun, but I do own a nice machete...
    check your pm's jeffe.

Members who have read this thread: 0