Stolen Alert - Intense T-29- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Stolen Alert - Intense T-29

Please keep your eyes open if you happen to see an Intense T-29 in Gunmetal color out there...

Woke up this morning and my Garage was wide open (It was closed) and the Bike was gone...Live in a gated community in So. Tempe....My GF's Specialized bike was still there along with two high end sets of Golf Clubs...

F'ing Thieves!......

Thanks!
    Dan
    Stolen Alert - Intense T-29-dscn0004.jpg

How much further ???
    How did they get in? Sorry to hear about your loss.
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did." Mark Twain

mtbr member
    Probably like a lot of thieves get into Garages...Drive past houses and use a universal remote until they find one with the same frequency...The Cops said there has been a rash of this type of thefts lately....

mtbr member
    Just one bump in the hopes someone may have seen this bike...
    On a lighter note, Looks like a new Santa Cruz is in my future...Missing riding really bad!!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rack Man View Post
    Probably like a lot of thieves get into Garages...Drive past houses and use a universal remote until they find one with the same frequency...The Cops said there has been a rash of this type of thefts lately....
    After reading this, I got very curious and not only did I read up on it, I also talked to a friend of mine over a beer who had been installing garage door openers for the past 22 years...

You have to be really unlucky, I mean lottery un-luckly, for someone to guess the 1 in a billion code you have on your opener...
    It's not just a simple frequency, there is also a numeric code that gets transmitted to the opener...

So, are you sure you didn't leave your opener in your car outside your house ?

My friend told me to think of it this way... If remote entry were that easy/unsecured, people would be opening eachother's car doors all the time in crowded parking lots...

mtbr member
    This is how they do it

mtbr member
    That's why I frosted the windows on my garage door, and zip tied the latch. No one can see what I have I there, and the zip the is stronger than a coat hanger.

mtbr member
    I also make sure my opener is never in my car when it's in my driveway.... locked or unlocked doesnt matter...

Meatbomb
    You'll also see an increase in property crimes of opportunity during your scheduled Bulk Trash time frame. Punks are out cruising the hood looking for items they feel has value that have been placed on the curb.

mtbr member
    Thats just what the cop told me...I have no idea...all I know is that I am 100% positive the garage door was closed...he also mentioned that sometimes they follow you while driving down your street and clone your Garage door opener when you hit the button....??

I just read that burglars have a system for hacking a rolling code garage door opener....but thinking about it more, it was probably the Keypad located just outside the door....its only 4 digits!!...or how the video showed above??

CDK
    mtbr member
    Was the door on the track? If it was what the video shows then it should have been off of the track still because I am sure the person wouldn't have been courteous enough to put it back on after popping it off to open it..
    I hate to say it but I wouldn't be surprised if it was someone that you know

mtbr member
    Did you have your vehicle worked on recently? Many years ago my truck disappeared from my garage. Fortunately they didn't touch any of the four bikes, the cheapest of them was worth over $3K. Turns out that several other people in my community had their car stolen too, all of which had been worked on at a local repair shop within the previous three weeks. Investigators believed codes were being taken when the cars were being worked on.
    AKA: G-wat