Stay on Topic!!!- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Stay on Topic!!!

That's all. Please stay on topic while posting in threads. If you have an un-related issue or conversation that you want to start, there's a cool button that says "Post New Thread". This way, people wont be getting pissed that you take the thread way off topic, those who want to read what you're writing about can easily find it, and the thread wont be deleted because of non-related bickering and may convey its intended purpose. Thanks!
    The secret to mountain biking is pretty simple. The slower you go the more likely it is you’ll crash.
    - Julie Furtado

wawe member
    What's a good tire for AZ?

mtbr member
    Does the rain in Spain truly fall mainly on the Plain?

Big B's Trails
    Has this been TD approved?
    I dig dirt!

I love bike!
    Does anyone know a good landscaper?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaFred View Post
    No but it was TD directed.
    The secret to mountain biking is pretty simple. The slower you go the more likely it is you’ll crash.
    - Julie Furtado

Shovel Ready
    Why do people call a mountain theirs? Did they pile up the dirt and water it daily?
    Currently at Mayo Clinic being tested for a kidney transplant. Donors welcome.

mtbr member
    - Julie Furtado

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaFred View Post
    I approve of this message.

What some people don't understand is that part of the reason the AZ forum has been such a success is that most of us want a place we can express our opinions about issues and take the heat if are opinions are rejected by others.

Being able to provide a strong discussion without personal attacks, as part of the process, should not be scene as a negative, sometimes it is part of the entertainment.

I think the Equestrian Post has provided a lot of valuable information that many were not aware of previous to the post. Now that that information was been put into a written record we can refer back to it to help with future threads or continuing on the existing thread with additional information.If the OP had it to do over again would he actually do the same post?

I believe if you are posting information that is untrue, then you are subject to those statements being questioned, w/o personal attacks of course. It is up to you to prove those untruths are in fact truths.

Our politicians get a pass for constantly lying to us, because they are politicians, right? But unfortunately, we are not allowed to question their over promising and under delivering. If they did a post on MTBR of something untrue then at least we could have the chance to find out if it was really correct.

TD

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by woahey View Post
    So hey wao what have you learned from your OP?

TD

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by traildoc View Post
    I approve of this message.

What some people don't understand is that part of the reason the AZ forum has been such a success is that most of us want a place we can express our opinions about issues and take the heat if are opinions are rejected by others.

Being able to provide a strong discussion without personal attacks, as part of the process, should not be scene as a negative, sometimes it is part of the entertainment.

I think the Equestrian Post has provided a lot of valuable information that many were not aware of previous to the post. Now that that information was been put into a written record we can refer back to it to help with future threads or continuing on the existing thread with additional information.If the OP had it to do over again would he actually do the same post?

I believe if you are posting information that is untrue, then you are subject to those statements being questioned, w/o personal attacks of course. It is up to you to prove those untruths are in fact truths.

Our politicians get a pass for constantly lying to us, because they are politicians, right? But unfortunately, we are not allowed to question their over promising and under delivering. If they did a post on MTBR of something untrue then at least we could have the chance to find out if it was really correct.

TD
    If people are just looking for information, don't criticize and scrutinize them. Give them the info they asked for.

If people are lying, call them out on it.

But don't argue off-topic to the point where a thread gets shut down, especially if the purpose of the original thread had not yet been fulfilled.

If you think that I am wrong in asking you to do this, you need more help than I thought.
    - Julie Furtado

mtbr member
    sounds like an" eastern canada " issue.
    moderators had to finally intervene, after a few people getting time outs ,banned and warned we now have our own moderator and from what I see in the early stages the discussions are a lot more productive and a much friendlier place to visit.

mtbr member
    Any suggestions on how to beat monkey butt?

powered by bacon
    I like turtles!

Sent from my phone on the way to Angel Fire using Tapatalk

AKA shitbird
    Anyone have a good mango salsa recipe?
    JRA

PMP,TAN,LAUNDRY
    illegal spider trails on south, hikers vs bikers, chip beef duke.
    Bender to AZDog: I'm not the best person to give advice on not riding!

Huffy Rider
    Fleetwood Mac

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by motochick View Post
    Fleetwood Mac
    My favorite group that got me through my divorce in 1975.

banned

1. If people are just looking for information, don't criticize and scrutinize them. Give them the info they asked for.

2. If people are lying, call them out on it.
    1. Your original statement was not clear, “He's trying to pave the trails! Loosely stacking rocks to ramp up a 6-8" ledge (which I know damn well he can ride), Removing rocks from the trail that act as water diverters saying "It's more fun to ride a smooth trail". A couple of spots he cut the brush back to make a single track a 2 track.”

If anyone on this thread can figure out if your friend is doing a trail improvement or destruction from that description I will be amazed.

Previous to the current Sedona FS management the FS management allowed their employees and the FOF to build some really stupid water diverters. They actually ended up being mountain biking injury zones. Dave at Fat Tire Bikes wants to do a video on those old remaining diverters that I or others haven’t removed already, to document what the FS should not be doing in the construction of water diverters. If your friend was removing one of those old injury points he or she should be given a gold star.
    As I stated previously a picture of this spot would be helpful in determining whether your friend was improving the trail or destroying it.

2. You say: “Its a system trail that is listed as a upper moderate trail. I am part of a group that works with the USFS, and am volunteering my time and energy to them to create and maintain trails.”

I am curious where you have been volunteering time and energy to create any FS trails. Can you help me with which trails you are helping the FS create?

TD

EDR
    My favorite group that got me through my divorce in 1975.
    Took my wife to see them a few years ago in Phoenix - minus the blonde chick who sings the 'happy songs'. Lindsey Buckingham on guitar was still outstanding.

Sorry, back on topic.

My other ride is your mom
    I'm more "core" than you

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Fleetwood Mac, Sept 17, 2003 Detroit, awesome outdoor show.

Speaking of "core", Maad, rode your chunk of AZT from Snowbowl Road up to 418 and back down last weekend, awesome thread you had and it was a very enjoyable ride.

What's more scary, Bigfoot or taxes?

How bout those 49ers, eh?

EDR
    Quote Originally Posted by Stumpy29er View Post

How bout those 49ers, eh?
    Pfftttt. You're QB woes remind me of the Cards last year, lol. Smith is terrible.

This is the perfect thread for all things not on topic, I like it.

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by eatdrinkride View Post
    Pfftttt. You're QB woes remind me of the Cards last year, lol. Smith is terrible.

This is the perfect thread for all things not on topic, I like it.

Great Post, it proves a point that going off point can be entertaining for those that don't have better things to do.

TD

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Great Post, it proves a point that going off point can be entertaining for those that don't have better things to do.

TD
    I've got better things to do now, heading out the door with my wife for her first ever night trail ride. But first,

Are raisins harmful to cats?

Meatbomb
    TD is way too long winded....

2 lbs mexican red snapper (aka, rockfish, ~$2.6/lb) that’s been frozen in a
    tupperware for a month
    2 red bell peppers
    1 very hot yellow paper, who’s name i do not know. Hispanic grocers assume
    the names are known to you. It is right next to the jalapenos and cayennes.
    1 large red onion. definitely red is better than white, and never do yellow
    in something not cooked
    half a bunch of cilantro
    3 med tomatos
    some salt
    some sweet’n'low
    juice from 3 lemons, and 1.5 bags of Mexican limes

1. Leave fish out overnight. This avoids having to quick thaw it using hot water
    and a tupperware. Don’t worry, the cooking process is to immerse the meat in
    citric acid and sear the flesh into an edible pate. Chop into 3/8th inch cubes,
    an ideal size for flesh-immolation and chemical burning

2. Buy a juicer. Squeezing fruit by hand is an eye-risk and leaves seeds
    randomly in a 20 foot radius. Unless you are looking to build hand-strength, or
    finger strength squeezing 50 half tinyLimes.

3. Cover fish in citrus juice, refrigerate for about 8 hours, stir often. Fish
    should turn deathly-white and exude a fine bouillabaisse of lime-juice and
    sushi.

4. Chop up everything else, very small. Except the things that should be chopped
    super-duper tiny. Size matters. Anything fresh will be great in salsa, but a dip
    requires an upper boundary of corn-kernelesque, and a lower boundary of pasty
    but not watery.

5. Throw it in and chill for another hour or 2.

banned
    Hey woa:

Is it OK to nicely ask you to ..........................my prior post or is this thread too entertaining to ask for clarification on things you said were OK to ask?

Is the FS trying to tell me my help is no longer needed and you have taken over my position?

TD

banned
    What if you want see a thread get deleted?

Slim Cessna's Auto Club is performing at the Rhythm Room Thursday, September 8th.

mtbr member
    Boobs!

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by chongoman View Post
    boobs!
    yes!!!!!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by chongoman View Post
    Boobs!
    I like boobs to. What I don't like are Dick's.
    - Julie Furtado

mtbr member
    F*ck it, John Finch. You're a dick, you always have been and always will be. Good luck to you, your "betterment" of Sedona Mountain biking, and overall ******bagerry that you are.

I'll never, ever be lumped in with an @$$hat like you. I'll let Justin and Angela know that I'm withdrawing myself from any and all volunteer work that is upcoming with multi-use trails. I'm just going to be a sap sucker who reaps the benefits from your "hard work" and everything else your disillusioned mind believes this country is founded on. Are you happy, now, knowing that a younger generation was ran off by the same ****** that constantly complains that they don't pitch in?

Again, respectfully, f*ck you!
    - Julie Furtado

mtbr member
    F*ck it, John Finch. You're a dick, you always have been and always will be. Good luck to you, your "betterment" of Sedona Mountain biking, and overall ******bagerry that you are.

I'll never, ever be lumped in with an @$$hat like you. I'll let Justin and Angela know that I'm withdrawing myself from any and all volunteer work that is upcoming with multi-use trails. I'm just going to be a sap sucker who reaps the benefits from your "hard work" and everything else your disillusioned mind believes this country is founded on. Are you happy, now, knowing that a younger generation was ran off by the same ****** that constantly complains that they don't pitch in?

Apparently, you cant say a word that starts with d and ends with ouche on this form.
    - Julie Furtado

mtbr member
    I like boobs to. What I don't like are Dick's.
    ((you got trolled. give up. you can't win now. he's a pro))

Boobs!

Huckin' trails
    Boobs are even better when paired with moar boobs !
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleB28 View Post
    topless. that's what all mtb girls do. we go ride, get topless, have pillow fights in the woods, scissor, then ride home!

Huffy Rider
    Quote Originally Posted by eatdrinkride View Post
    Took my wife to see them a few years ago in Phoenix - minus the blonde chick who sings the 'happy songs'. Lindsey Buckingham on guitar was still outstanding.

Sorry, back on topic.
    I was there too....and that chick is Christine Perfect, also goes by Christine McVie, a trained classic pianist turned rock star. Much like Pat Benatar, a trained opera singer turned rock star. Lindsey is my favorite guitar player, I would name my child after him.

mtbr member
    Boobs, I love boobs!

Sent from my Droid
    Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    That's all. Please stay on topic while posting in threads. If you have an un-related issue or conversation that you want to start, there's a cool button that says "Post New Thread". This way, people wont be getting pissed that you take the thread way off topic, those who want to read what you're writing about can easily find it, and the thread wont be deleted because of non-related bickering and may convey its intended purpose. Thanks!
    Is this thread everything you hoped it would be?

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    I like to make werewolf movies
    MOAR BOOBS

who's going to interbike?

mtbr member
    You asked

Local band...

"Don't feel bad. A lot of people have no talent"

Huckin' trails
    Quote Originally Posted by PhxChem View Post
    Is this thread everything you hoped it would be?
    Is this sarcasm ?

Btw,

Boobies !!

( • )Y( • )
    topless. that's what all mtb girls do. we go ride, get topless, have pillow fights in the woods, scissor, then ride home!

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    that is the next entry on my IPod, local where? a little system of a down, ish
    it could be a safety issue?

banned

Joey:

Since we are on a first name basis finally you need to pull yourself together and reconsider quitting the FS volunteer program. This is a worthy program and your desire to make Sedona a better place to ride is commendable. My hope was to share all my trail improvement experience with you, so that when I am gone you can take over the reins and continue to do improvements that would make me proud.

I was going to ask the owners of MTBR if it was OK for me to give you my traildoc name so there would be a seamless passing of the torch when I am no longer able to lift a hoe or trim a branch. If that works for you maybe you should reconsider.

This thread of yours has really helped to clear the air, and I hope you will continue to be honest with me about your feelings in the future. Don't worry about saying all those terrible things about me, I am not going take the low road and say similar things about you. Doing so only makes others see you in the opposite lite than what you are hoping to accomplish.

Happy Trails,

John

banned
    Jun 2011
    eff it why waste my breath...?

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    FREE POOOOOOOOOST!!!!!!!!! but please stay on topic.
    and the lurker returns to the dark corner

Huckin' trails
    Free Hugh for all off topic haters !!!!

dirt visionary
    Somone say boobs

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of
    arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body.

Meatbomb
    well played .

Beer Drnkr w/bike problem
    Thanks, know I can't get Moots out of my mind. I now really like Moots and ( . )Y( . )

Quote Originally Posted by clockwork View Post
    Somone say boobs

"Not drinking is the Single Speed World Championships version of doping" -Jacquie Phelan

E-bikes are Mountain Mopeds

parenting for gnarness
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    TD is way too long winded....

2 lbs mexican red snapper (aka, rockfish, ~$2.6/lb) that’s been frozen in a
    tupperware for a month
    2 red bell peppers
    1 very hot yellow paper, who’s name i do not know. Hispanic grocers assume
    the names are known to you. It is right next to the jalapenos and cayennes.
    1 large red onion. definitely red is better than white, and never do yellow
    in something not cooked
    half a bunch of cilantro
    3 med tomatos
    some salt
    some sweet’n'low
    juice from 3 lemons, and 1.5 bags of Mexican limes

1. Leave fish out overnight. This avoids having to quick thaw it using hot water
    and a tupperware. Don’t worry, the cooking process is to immerse the meat in
    citric acid and sear the flesh into an edible pate. Chop into 3/8th inch cubes,
    an ideal size for flesh-immolation and chemical burning

2. Buy a juicer. Squeezing fruit by hand is an eye-risk and leaves seeds
    randomly in a 20 foot radius. Unless you are looking to build hand-strength, or
    finger strength squeezing 50 half tinyLimes.

3. Cover fish in citrus juice, refrigerate for about 8 hours, stir often. Fish
    should turn deathly-white and exude a fine bouillabaisse of lime-juice and
    sushi.

4. Chop up everything else, very small. Except the things that should be chopped
    super-duper tiny. Size matters. Anything fresh will be great in salsa, but a dip
    requires an upper boundary of corn-kernelesque, and a lower boundary of pasty
    but not watery.

5. Throw it in and chill for another hour or 2.
    sounds like crap
    YES to Scottsdale Prop 420
    Our Preserve, Our Taxes, Our Vote

Meatbomb