St Patty's Day @ Bootleg- Mtbr.com
    Gold it's the new Pink!

St Patty's Day @ Bootleg

Is anyone else planning on going to the St Patty's day race up at Bootleg? I think Doo Doo said he was going. Anyone else? I am hoping to hit both the Super D and the Downhill races. I will probaby drive up Friday and drive back on Sunday or Monday. This will be my first race so I am very excited.

http://www.bootlegcanyon.org/stpatty.htm

Crimson

AKA shitbird
    I'll be there along with a handful of other zonies, probably 6-10.
    JRA

mtbr member
    That dude still owes me something for placing last year, Weak.
    SHITBIRD

Pivotal figure
    I'm planning to hit that one. Not sure if I'll do both super D and DH yet...
    Desert Sunset Calls/Upward, Pain, Perseverance/Welcome Solitude

mtbr member
    me 2

mtbr member
    My old room mate from MA is having his batchlor party that weekend so I'll be in Vegas, I might find a way to break out to at least snap some pictures, but I don;t know.
    b

Gold it's the new Pink!
    Just hitting everyone up for an update. Sam might be joining me for this race, but its still not finalized. I would like to get a list of everyone who is going and where they are staying.

Crimson

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Crimson
    Just hitting everyone up for an update. Sam might be joining me for this race, but its still not finalized. I would like to get a list of everyone who is going and where they are staying.

Crimson

Markskee chiming in I am going and will probably be working quite a bit but as far as where I will be staying looks like the Chumba Bus as of now unless someone is willing to put me up for free on some floor space or in the tub.

mtbr member
    In for SuperDee and DH...should be fun!
    DDKS

mtbr member

Crimson
    i'll be there with a non racing friend or 3 - it will be my first time to bootleg and first dh race in ~10 years. also, since i'm a BC virgin it would be cool to hook up with some other AZ folks who have some trail time there. i'll be racing beg 30-39.

i still need to get a room somewhere - any suggestions near the mtn? cheap trumps pretty in this case.

PMP,TAN,LAUNDRY
    I prefer the El Rancho. Good size rooms plus if you mention you're there for the race they may cut you a discount. No room for Marskee unless he goes to the strip this time!
    Bender to AZDog: I'm not the best person to give advice on not riding!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by azdog
    No room for Marskee unless he goes to the strip this time!
    Or rides his bike...

******ed or Branded??
    Quote Originally Posted by KavuRider
    Or rides his bike...
    you can't chime in unless you are going.

But I do agree with you!!! He won't get space with us unless he rides his damn bike which is rockn' a new Fox 40. Dang the only time I saw that bike go over rock fast was when he lent it out to be used as a demo last time they were here. I told the guy riding his bike that I never seen that particular bike ever go that fast or even go over rocks with out using the brakes. The booth is not that busy to were you can't sneak off for a run down the race course!!!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by doodooboi
    you can't chime in unless you are going.

But I do agree with you!!! He won't get space with us unless he rides his damn bike which is rockn' a new Fox 40. Dang the only time I saw that bike go over rock fast was when he lent it out to be used as a demo last time they were here. I told the guy riding his bike that I never seen that particular bike ever go that fast or even go over rocks with out using the brakes. The booth is not that busy to were you can't sneak off for a run down the race course!!!
    wow, he lives.
    I'm working on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by azdog View Post
    I think he was born around the time of the Chernobyl fallout which would explain a lot.

Downhill Messiah
    I'll be there for sure. Staying at my cousins house in vegas. Leaving fri morn. i cant wait to shred the b.c once again. i'm curious to see what they do with the end of the course this time, as i've heard it's changed.
    Madspeed always prevails!

sixsixtysix
    Working out the logistics, but planning on going for photog and video documentation since I'm out of racing with a torn rotator cuff.

PMP,TAN,LAUNDRY
    Quote Originally Posted by sixsixtysix
    Working out the logistics, but planning on going for photog and video documentation since I'm out of racing with a torn rotator cuff.
    Damn, what did you do?

sixsixtysix
    Quote Originally Posted by azdog
    Damn, what did you do?

Stupid fall on 32nd on Friday, landed with my arm above my head. Didn't even really notice it until Sat/Sun, but after riding Sunday it was killing me.

mtbr member
    Stupid fall on 32nd on Friday, landed with my arm above my head. Didn't even really notice it until Sat/Sun, but after riding Sunday it was killing me.

Sweet you can hang out with me at the booth all day and not ride while we laugh at doodooo.

sixsixtysix
    Quote Originally Posted by markskee
    Sweet you can hang out with me at the booth all day and not ride while we laugh at doodooo.

Yeah, I just gotta figure out who I am rolling with and when.

Shred...it's the new drug
    bummer six, at least you can get some original shredding media for your site now. I've been jonesing for some new az footy on azfreeride.com. I've seen all that other stuff before. Heal up quik so we can shred the north side!

Pivotal figure
    I'm in, probably head out Fri AM to get some early practice and snag a campsite..

Fly High!
    Quote Originally Posted by kenbentit
    I'm in, probably head out Fri AM to get some early practice and snag a campsite..
    You going to do the D too? Nice helmet vid too, See ya got some juice, Darn batteries !!! I have to get some regulars.
    "Its like Church to me, Like Church is, what it is for other people"

sixsixtysix
    Quote Originally Posted by latedropbob
    bummer six, at least you can get some original shredding media for your site now. I've been jonesing for some new az footy on azfreeride.com. I've seen all that other stuff before. Heal up quik so we can shred the north side!

Oh just wait for AZFReeride V3, its just around the corner

Fly High!
    Oh just wait for AZFReeride V3, its just around the corner
    NICE! cant wait! Let me know when I can Dump some Data Will this be done before or after race you think? or maybe grand opening then?

sixsixtysix
    Quote Originally Posted by RidingRiot
    NICE! cant wait! Let me know when I can Dump some Data Will this be done before or after race you think? or maybe grand opening then?

We'll see, the backend just got finished, now I am starting to migrate the data from the old site as well as setting up for the new content. I might see if we can film the first podcast at the fishbowl this week, but not sure how that will go since its Two Tones B-Day bash.

mtbr member
    We'll see, the backend just got finished, now I am starting to migrate the data from the old site as well as setting up for the new content. I might see if we can film the first podcast at the fishbowl this week, but not sure how that will go since its Two Tones B-Day bash.
    Dirka Dirka Dirka
    I think he was born around the time of the Chernobyl fallout which would explain a lot.

Fly High!
    Sweet! New Site, New PT, New Season,,,,,,,,,,,,,new bike? anyone, anyone? Six? KAVU will step up Im sure! His Karpiel is gona be like a new bike

sixsixtysix
    Sweet! New Site, New PT, New Season,,,,,,,,,,,,,new bike? anyone, anyone? Six? KAVU will step up Im sure! His Karpiel is gona be like a new bike
    I just finished one build and am working on 2 more! Granted, they are all freakshow bikes, but hey, they are "new" bikes

mtbr member
    I poured concrete in the frame.
    That's so I can ghost ride it into your bike.
    And then you HAVE to get something that doesn't have the clap...

mtbr member
    I just finished one build and am working on 2 more! Granted, they are all freakshow bikes, but hey, they are "new" bikes
    Those green rims have inspired me.

PMP,TAN,LAUNDRY
    Possibly....

Gold it's the new Pink!
    I am also planning on cruising up on Friday. I will most likely I will head out around noon. I may have room for one in my car but it depends if Sam is going to make it. My knee is doing better but I am not riding again yet.

Crimson

AKA shitbird
    I'm heading out Thursday after work. Staying at either the Hacienda or Railroad Pass. Tired of staying on the strip, I end up staying up way too late........ See ya punks out there
    JRA

Downhill Spokesmodel
    I should be heading up Friday morning.
    I just got definative word that the Brent Thompson Memorial Ride/party will take place after the SuperD awards on Saturday.
    Hope to see lots of 'Zonies paying their respects on the ride Saturday.
    For the latest news on the race check out Crash's website:
    http://www.myspace.com/CRASHINNOVATIONS
    See you on the hill.
    James
    Now I DRIVE the short bus!!

Help increase ShortBus' rep

mtbr member
    I want to go but I don't have the money for motel rooms or a ride out
    Dougie Fresh!

Fly High!
    If you missed the last race...................................Thanks go out to the creators

http://www.sicklines.com/2009/02/24/...ootleg-canyon/

Gold it's the new Pink!
    It looks like I will be getting a room at the Best Western. I am not sure if Sam is going to make it. If not if anyone wants to split a room let me know.

Crimson

mtbr member
    I am wanting to go to this. Never been to BC. Anybody got beta on camping? Thanks!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ex9rosie
    I am wanting to go to this. Never been to BC. Anybody got beta on camping? Thanks!
    Primitive camping in the dirt lot at the venue. There is water, bathrooms, cold showers and scenic view of the gravel pit.

We will arrive late Friday. Maybe you early zonies can save a spot for the van.

Cant wait!

Pivotal figure
    Yo C&L, I'll be there with an easy-up early Fri so I'll try to strategically arrange my stuff to hold a spot for you. I'll be easy to find

Fly High!
    Not sure what my plans are yet,,,,,,,,but its getting down to the wire and I have Mechanicals Im still working out. so.........dont know when,where,who, or how yet

Gold it's the new Pink!
    Not sure what my plans are yet,,,,,,,,but its getting down to the wire and I have Mechanicals Im still working out. so.........dont know when,where,who, or how yet
    Did you get you bike sorted out bro?

Crimson

mtbr member
    hey - does anyone have any info on the race times or shuttle practice times?
    i've looked around and can't find anything on the bootleg page, myspace page or registration page.

thanks.

Fly High!
    Did you get you bike sorted out bro?

Crimson
    NOPE!, have parts on the way, and in the mean time while waiting for them, I found that I need a new BB and if I do that I might as well get X-type rather than my ISIS,,,,,,,,,so IDK its all adding up fast!
    Last edited by RidingRiot; 03-10-2009 at 10:53 AM.

AKA shitbird
    NOPE! dunno now, have parts on the way, and in the mean time while waiting for them, I found that I need a new BB and if I do that I might as well get X-type rather than my ISIS,,,,,,,,,so IDK its all adding up fast!
    Check your PM's.
    JRA

Fly High!
    Quote Originally Posted by eabos
    Check your PM's.

Fly High!

mtbr member
    Woo Hoo I'm going!!!!
    Dougie Fresh!

Downhill Spokesmodel

Mountain Bike Money

In case you did not read the above titled thread, Bike Doc has a great idea.

Mountain Bike Money

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What a lot of you may not know, is that Brent Thomson's job was on the line. It seems that Boulder City had been talking about eliminating his position as Trail Master with the city, as the folks in the city government were of the mind that mountain biking didn't bring much revenue into the city coffer, since they only received $5.00 per rider for events held there, and nothing, directly, from riders visiting during times other than when events were being held. Of course, they also receive something like $8800.00 per year from the folks running the Interbike trade show, for allowing the bike industry to come spend 2 days per year there demoing new bikes and stuff.

When reminded that many mountain bikers also stay in local motels and eat at local restaurants, and that most arrive with the gas guage falling toward "E" and leave with a full tank, and that a few people rent bikes or bring their own and break them there and THEN get them FIXED there, and that maybe some riders even manage to spend a few more odd dollars there, they responded that they had no way of knowing how much that really added up to, since it was just lumped in with all the other sales tax and room tax they collect.

SO, they were thinking that perhaps what Brent had done to create a World renouned mountain biking destination, featured in several extreme mountain biking videos and dozens of magazines from every corner of the planet, really wasn't worth the small amount of money and few benefits that they threw his way, and they had been talkjing for quite some time about eliminating his job with the city. Brent had been quite stressed out over the situation with the city for several months. It was actually AFTER the first of this year, that they even told him he had a job for 2009. Dan Haskin and I ( Along with several others) are convinced that this stress contributed to his heart attack on January 10th and his ensuing death.

SOOO, I say we show them just how much money flows into Boulder City from all of us!
    (Or I should say, from BRENT'S hard work!!!) What I am proposing is that whenever you visit the Bootleg Canyon Trail Network in Boulder City; whether it be this weekend, for Brent's memorial, during Interbike, or anytime; is that instead of using your credit card for purchases there, that you visit the A.T.M. ahead of time, and that you write the words "Mountain Bike Money" on every bill you plan to spend there. Let's flood Boulder City forever, with a stark reminder of what Brent did for their small town, so that even if they didn't fully appreciate his efforts during his lifetime, that they will soon realize, and always remember who and what he really was!!!!!
    Now I DRIVE the short bus!!

Help increase ShortBus' rep

Pivotal figure
    I totally agree with what he's saying about the influx of cash from bikers. I know I never would have stopped in Boulder if not for Bootleg (maybe for gas). It's kinda depressing to think the town doesn't recognize what a positive impact Brent made there...

AKA shitbird
    Some people recognize us. I just called to book a room at the Hacienda and when I said that I need a room for the weekend the first question from them was "are you here for the bike race?" ........I like that!
    JRA

Gold it's the new Pink!
    Quote Originally Posted by 'size
    hey - does anyone have any info on the race times or shuttle practice times?
    i've looked around and can't find anything on the bootleg page, myspace page or registration page.

thanks.
    http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?f...ogId=361016963

Its on the page right in blogs - St Patty's Day Feast Schedule.

Crimson

mtbr member

Some pix from the Feast

What a feast it was. Plenty of sunshine, friends, rippin fast course, and a chance to honor the trail master, Brent Thompson. I took a lot of pix, not really sure how to caption them though.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    I want to add some pix of our AZ girls dominating the Pro Class;

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Nice performance by all of our AZ people, especially sweet win for Kenny, he came really close to winning the Super D last year - great photo's too, way to go man!!!!

AKA shitbird
    Quote Originally Posted by tls36
    Nice performance by all of our AZ people, especially sweet win for Kenny, he came really close to winning the Super D last year - great photo's too, way to go man!!!!
    Two sweet wins for Kenny, DH and Super D. Tore it up!
    JRA

mtbr member
    Good job guys and girls, bummer I missed it.
    SHITBIRD

Yeah Kenny! Yeah Buhly! Yeah Crimson! (second in beginner DH) Yeah AZ!!!

Fly High!
    Yeah Kenny! Yeah Buhly! Yeah Crimson! (second in beginner DH) Yeah AZ!!!
    so bob where is the mt biker in the tiny url link pic?

Fly High!
    how was the timing? did it get posted up in a respectful time? any of them posted somewhere? Great job to all that went and represented!

He's taking the pic!

Fly High!
    He's taking the pic!
    I SEE!

AKA shitbird
    how was the timing? did it get posted up in a respectful time? any of them posted somewhere? Great job to all that went and represented!

The timing was awesome. The times came across an electronic board as soon as you passed the finish line. Results were immediate and the awards even started on time.

Haven't seen results posted online anywhere yet.
    JRA

wrecking crew
    Nice! Good job guys & gals! Thanks for posting up the pics, C!
    ~~~

Fly High!
    Quote Originally Posted by eabos
    The timing was awesome. The times came across an electronic board as soon as you passed the finish line. Results were immediate and the awards even started on time.

Haven't seen results posted online anywhere yet.
    sweet! sounds like crash got it done the way it suppose to be! how did you do? remember how anyone else did?

AKA shitbird
    sweet! sounds like crash got it done the way it suppose to be! how did you do? remember how anyone else did?
    The race went off without a hitch from what I saw.

As for me, I had a pretty good crash on my race run (only one of the weekend) Felt like I was having a great run and next thing I know I'm on the ground, not even sure what happened A few people saw it, maybe they can fill in the blanks. Crashing put me near last place of Expert Men.

Oh well, still had a great weekend!
    JRA

Kathleen in AZ
    Quote Originally Posted by supermoto
    What a feast it was. Plenty of sunshine, friends, rippin fast course, and a chance to honor the trail master, Brent Thompson. I took a lot of pix, not really sure how to caption them though.
    Supermoto, didn't you have some podium time too? Don't be shy... share your race and podium shots!!

mtbr member
    Does Crimson = this guy?
    Last edited by supermoto; 03-16-2009 at 04:10 PM.

I'm Lazy, So I Shuttle
    crismon looking the part there! Good job!
    Great job Kenny!
    The secret to mountain biking is pretty simple. The slower you go the more likely it is you'll crash.- Julie Furtado

Downhill Messiah
    The race was awesome!!! Bummed i had to go and crash in the top section in my race run, where my bike decided to tumble a good 15-20 feet off the side of the mountain. Oh well, i had a blast anyways! Props to my cousins Adam and Andy for finishing 3rd and 4th in sport!!! i couldn't believe there was only a couple of seconds between 1st and 3rd.At least they held it down for AZ like so many others out there! It was awesome to hear so many riders from AZ podiumed. Good job guys, and gals!!!
    Madspeed always prevails!

mtbr member
    OK if you insist. Dont worry, bluefire, I bought the shot. Thanks! No pode shot; too lonely. I was the ONLY non pro woman, any age/cat. C'mon DG, get that lunchbox!!

dirt visionary
    Good job guys and gals.....I am sooo angry to couldn't go.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of
    arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body.

Gold it's the new Pink!
    Quote Originally Posted by supermoto
    Does Crimson = this guy?
    One and the same!! throwin the Kore bikes gang sign!

(purchased)

The event was super smooth and I had a blast. I just got home half an hour ago. I got a very short ride in today at Boot on some of the lower jump sections and packed it in. I cought up with Crash while I was up there today and he was really impressed how many podium finishes went to the Az riders!!

Thank you to everyone who made it a great weekend. Big shout out to the base camp crew: Dougie, Ken, Carmen, Lynn, Scott, Taylor, Michael and his lady, and of course the hounds Huck and Ilka!!

Crimson

Pivotal figure
    Here's the Podium shot for C, as well as my "secret weapon" for racing...Just wait, next year everyone's gonna be rockin the pinwheel

Killer job buddy! Now you need to get some more runs in to get to that top step! wed?

Gold it's the new Pink!
    I am expeting to be there on Wed!

Dougie also scored second place in 18-29 sport. I accepted his trophy for him that is why there is no pics of him on the podium. Unfortunately he went down in the last berm and lost out on first by 1.2 seconds after getting back up and crossing the finish line. Major props for the young gun!!

Crimson

Members who have read this thread: 0