caninus xerophilous

Spring means Samaniegor Ridge Tyme.

A few pics from the ridge. Its open, epic, and very rideable with the exception of the Cork Screw of Death. Sadly you get so busy having fun riding that you forget to take riding pictures.

Another sad thing is that the Charouleau Gap Road has been neutered from a challenging burly jeep road to a golf cart traversable soft dirt covered pathway. Really took a bite out of the ride.

In the past we have bumbled and stumbled down and up the CSOD, then rappeled and zipped our bikes down. Well this time we rappeled with our bikes bandolier style, which shaved a lot of time off of the CSOD and made the Hill of Dread and Lamentations seem not so daunting or energy sapping. Here is the link to a TMTB post with some pics.

http://www.tucsonmtb.com/modules.php...ewtopic&t=4744

Break it, Fix it, Ride it
    Corkscrew of Death? Hill of Dread and Lamentations? This ride sounds like great MTB misery. Those rappelling shots are pretty wild. I'd be more than happy to throw that into a day long adventure. I think I should move to Tucson, just so I can get some of these sweet rides you've got down there into my schedule.
    Today's the day I eat bikes.

mtbr member
    Impressive.
    Got Daytons on the Motha Ship - Cube

eat your porridge jordie
    This ride is absolutely no joke, seriously some of the best riding I have done as far as backish country stuff. Starts off in the pines, some really killer switchbacks and single track, excellent flow. Drops quite a bit in elevation but still has a bit of climbing and hike a bike. The walnut creek area was a blast and had many areas to play. There is a definitely some *****es of sections, it is an all day event and you will be rocked. The ride ends with charlou gap, which is a ripping trail by itself. Not one to be missed.
    "If you want to do something ordinary people can't, you have to be willing to do what ordinary people won't"

My other ride is your mom
    way cool!

Plus size jersey model
    Here pictures always help the stoke.

Give it a crank
    That's really awesome! The rappelling shots put the "all" in AM.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Indeed a great ride. A LOT of work was put in last year to get this open from top to bottom, all by mtn. bikers w/ just the blessing of the FS. SunDog was the main driver and contributor to getting this rolling. Tools were hauled in, left, then hauled out. It's too true about pics, who wants to stop ripping to take pics. A few from last fall.

Climbing up the Corkscrew of Death

The more better way

Playing around @ Walnut Springs

Sammie Ridge in all it's glory.

mtbr member
    Very cool. Now that sounds like a ride I NEED to do.
    I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth...
    Isaiah 58:14

www.stuckinthespokes.com

Members who have read this thread: 0