Spring Fling II - Love Fest/Circus O'Rama Hawes Ride- Mtbr.com
    Ouch, I am hot!

Spring Fling II - Love Fest/Circus O'Rama Hawes Ride

I am just posting pics. No details, etc. The ride was a big love fest. 25 total. All love. Thanks to DHF for organizing and hosting. Way to go.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I AM JUST A JERK

Ouch, I am hot!

More Love

Someone left early and puked. More pics.
    I AM JUST A JERK

Ouch, I am hot!

More Peace

It was all peace, except for Walt. He was roided out and nearly killed me when I said his Sunrise/Lost Dog ride was not as big. I was wrong, and Walt made sure I knew. Walt is the guy with the biggest muscles and the biggest smiles. Honestly, Walt is full of positive energy and good vibe and I dig it and him. Although it may not seem so with all the teasing I do.
    I AM JUST A JERK

Ouch, I am hot!

It Was Virtually An Orgy

Seriously, if the boy to girl ratio was better, I think the ride would have turned into one big naked love making fest. I myself was willing anyway - there were several good looking people there, including myself.
    I AM JUST A JERK

Ouch, I am hot!

The Next One

Some of us were thinking that new stuff at FIN may be our next location for the MTBR lovefest. We just need to find it and park secretly. No beer chugging in the parking lot on that one.
    I AM JUST A JERK

im4Gsus
    i got a couple pics. sorry lukedude and i missed the group shot; that's a good one!
    it was nice to put some faces to the screen names.

#1 5am on the 202
    #2 on ridge trail to the top saddle
    #3 kaboose on the way home

K
    "If God is your co-pilot you're in the wrong seat!" S Barrington

I am Doctor Remulak
    Yeah, what Dirdir said. I am just posting pics. No details, etc. The ride was a big love fest. 25 total. All love. Thanks to DHF for organizing and hosting. Way to go.

I am Doctor Remulak
    nothing to see here, move on
    Last edited by AZ Mikey; 06-17-2006 at 12:45 PM.

I am Doctor Remulak
    what a dork

Large wheels & one gear
    For anyone who wants to know what two 19" Explosifs look like check out the second picture up. Oh, and the bikes are nice too..........

Seriously, nice meeting you all. Iam a little introverted so I didn't get to meet everyone. But had a good ride. Thanks DHF'r for putting this together, fun ride !
    I Never Apologize............I'm Sorry, That's Just The Way I Am.

my knees hurt
    Great to see everyone again....it was nice to put a few more faces with names...had a blast.
    BELIEVE
    Imagine what you could achieve if you knew you would not fail.

mtbr member
    Wow! That's a lot of folks! Great pics and good to hear of the guy/gal puking. I could've totally hung with 'em!

mtbr member
    Sep 2004

thanks

Thanks for the lovefest tour. Everyone was great. Special thanks for the use of the CO2
    and hanging out till I got the tube inflated. It was a very courteous and high spirited group.
    Great riding and trails.Nice to see alot of familiar faces
    Take Care, Till the next time
    jim

Saucy Size
    I am such a lazy sack of crap. Didn't get to sleep last night 'til 1 am or so; the 5 am wakeup call was just not in the cards this morning. Sorry I missed it, guys -- looks like a fun turnout!

p.
    Don't be that guy! Read the forum guidelines.

wrecking crew

heeheeheee

It was an Absolute Love Fest! See what all you other peeps miss by not joining us on a HUGEmongous Love Ride?

I had a blast guys! and gal! You are all tops! Loved the trails, all sweet stuff! Great to see everyone I already knew and also to meet others I haven't met before. Thanks to Dirdir & Mike for taking the pics and of course to .dhf'r. for the Love Ride. This was the first time I had been to Hawes and loved every minute of it. All fun, all the time. Can't wait to go back again!

Where to next?

su ling

ps:. would have posted earlier but had to work....blahhhhhhh!
    ~~~

I am Walt

Yes, the love...

...was flowing. An excellent ride with a great turnout. Everyone held their own. The only carnage, other than some flats, was my biff 1/2 way down the Mine Trail. For those that weren't there, it was on the flat, non-technical curve right after the first mine hole and before the rock garden. I was going fast and got on the inside of the curve, off-camber in the "marbles", lost the bike, tried to recover, tried to recover...nope, and down I went with a roll or two. No real damage other than some scrape and torqued joints.

The Egg McMuffin in the parking lot that you see in the pictures, well, what was left of it... ...was from one guy - didn't catch his name - who bailed early due to not feeling well and must have blown chow. Nice!

What's next...?
    Ride more; post less...

Meatpuppet
    Circus, yes.................springy Love Fest I must have missed.
    All in all, another fun one for the record books.
    Way to many names to remember(and faces for that matter), but it was and is always a pleasure to see and ride with the folks from this site. You are definately a friendly bunch.
    On a side note, I did get to see Walt hit the dirt right in front of me(glad your ok), vomit at the truck, I got to turn the screws on my dirtbike buddy up some hills(Tim is a Great dirtbiker on top of his trials and mtn. bike skills) which is always enjoyable, and I didn't go over the bars today....................it was a good day!!

Chris
    My Third Eye Has A Cataract

Ride 'Til Your Knees Hurt

... and if we just ... Killer Ride!

Quote Originally Posted by Elton_John
    Can You Feel The Love Tonight
    It was a great ride! I'm glad so many people showed up. The "love fest" rides keep me motivated to get out on the bike during the hot summer months.

I NEED to get my wife back out on the trails so that she can join us. She's not too comfortable with the AZ terrain yet... She might need some coaching from DurGurl and su.ling~

For the next love fest I suggest either some sort of South Mountain loop or maybe a road trip up to Prescott or Flag. Thoughts anyone?

I am Doctor Remulak
    Quote Originally Posted by cycljunkie
    For the next love fest I suggest either some sort of South Mountain loop or maybe a road trip up to Prescott or Flag. Thoughts anyone?
    We need to do both, SoMo and a Flag road trip.

I am Walt
    Quote Originally Posted by cycljunkie
    I think we should do SoMo - Dirt road/Mormon/National/Telegraph/DC. If we conservatively budget 4 hours for it to accomodate all levels, we could launch at 5 am and survive the heat. Or launch earlier ( ) and do the first part with lights. Should position it as a challenging ride, but at a pace that could accomodate riders that haven't done it before. Those that haven't done it will have the opportunity to do it with a group that won't drop them. Not beginner, but come out if you're ready for the next step (or three...). Just a thought...

I'd like to do Flag and/or Prescott as I haven't done them before. I'd like to hook up with Jayem for a grand tour.
    Ride more; post less...

Kathleen in AZ
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ Mikey
    We need to do both, SoMo and a Flag road trip.
    I agree!! I offer to lead up the SoMo ride. Of course, by "lead" I mean that I'll post the ride beforehand and then will sweep . Would the 18 mile Mormon-National-Telegraph-DC loop be too much for this time of year for the group? We'd have to keep it moving and start early. Next weekend??? 4th of July weekend?

I am Walt
    Quote Originally Posted by DurtGurl
    I agree!! I offer to lead up the SoMo ride. Of course, by "lead" I mean that I'll post the ride beforehand and then will sweep . Would the 18 mile Mormon-National-Telegraph-DC loop be too much for this time of year for the group? We'd have to keep it moving and start early. Next weekend??? 4th of July weekend?
    Great minds think alike...see below. I'm open next weekend and on 7/2 or 7/4.
    Ride more; post less...

I am Doctor Remulak
    Would the 18 mile Mormon-National-Telegraph-DC loop be too much for this time of year for the group? We'd have to keep it moving and start early. Next weekend??? 4th of July weekend?
    That could be a tough one with the summer heat, I'd suggest something a little shorter, maybe up to BV and back down National. We could always do the Telegraph and DC back option in the fall when it's cooler. Another option would be to go down Geronimo and back along the canal.

Kathleen in AZ
    Quote Originally Posted by waltaz
    I think we should do SoMo - Dirt road/Mormon/National/Telegraph/DC. If we conservatively budget 4 hours for it to accomodate all levels, we could launch at 5 am and survive the heat. Or launch earlier ( ) and do the first part with lights. Should position it as a challenging ride, but at a pace that could accomodate riders that haven't done it before. Those that haven't done it will have the opportunity to do it with a group that won't drop them. Not beginner, but come out if you're ready for the next step (or three...). Just a thought...

I'd like to do Flag and/or Prescott as I haven't done them before. I'd like to hook up with Jayem for a grand tour.
    Yes!! A 5-AM start for this tough ride is a great idea. First, we need to start early in order to finish early as the return on DC will be brutally hot if we start too late. Second, the early start might keep the group to a manageable size. What about Sunday next weekend (6/25)?

Oh - and I will be offering up a night ride on Desert Classic to the helipad from my house this Thursday!! Get your lights charging and l;ook for me to post details this week....

Kathleen in AZ
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul B
    I am such a lazy sack of crap. Didn't get to sleep last night 'til 1 am or so; the 5 am wakeup call was just not in the cards this morning. Sorry I missed it, guys -- looks like a fun turnout!

p.
    Next lovefest will be closer to our side of town at SoMo, so hopefully you can make it!!

Nat'l Out to BV

I agree with Mike on this one... If we head out to BV via National we could always throw in Javelina / E. Loop for extra credit.

I'll be in California for 4th of July so I vote for next weekend...

Yes!! A 5-AM start for this tough ride is a great idea. First, we need to start early in order to finish early as the return on DC will be brutally hot if we start too late. Second, the early start might keep the group to a manageable size. What about Sunday next weekend (6/25)?
    Count me in for SoMo next Sunday - 6/25. I've got a light so if we have to start earlier than 5am I can do that too.

Oh - and I will be offering up a night ride on Desert Classic to the helipad from my house this Thursday!! Get your lights charging and look for me to post details this week....
    Kathleen, I'd be up for a ThNR as well. I'll look for the post.

wrecking crew

Get out of the heat!

I say we do a day road trip up to Prescott this next weekend. The trails are primo and the weather much more tolerable. The Lynx Lake T305 to T297 (I think) up to Spruce Mtn Road was killer - absolutely a blast. From there we can either return or make a loop by hitting T299 to Ranch. OR hit the Granite Basin area which is always fun...Both have minimal rocks with just fun-a$$ trails!

Takes about an hour and a bit to get there. If your south, then a bit more. But seriously fun stuff! Plus after the ride we all go binge on food somewhere and extend the love.
    ~~~

Large wheels & one gear
    I've only been down National once and that was on my FS bike that I no longer have. What I wonder is if this ride that is being talked about is do-able on a HT? I would think that going up national rather than down would be the best route for a HT. If the route takes us down National, just let me know so I can let my doctor know that i may be in to see him...

I am Doctor Remulak
    Quote Originally Posted by Konapdlr
    I've only been down National once and that was on my FS bike that I no longer have. What I wonder is if this ride that is being talked about is do-able on a HT?
    It is absolutely do-able on a HT, no worries there.

I would think that going up National rather than down would be the best route for a HT.
    Depends on whether you like climbing or descending It is not that bad of a descent, you can always walk something that you're not comfortable with riding.

Meatpuppet
    I would definately enjoy a ride out @ So.Mountain. I have yet to see much other than D.C. and thats not that exciting, fun just not technical. My vote goes for a very early start (lights mabey) and go for the expedition adventure, till heatstroke.

I would possibly be interested in the night ride Thurs. as well Durt, I will watch for a posting as well.

Chris
    My Third Eye Has A Cataract

Kathleen in AZ
    I've only been down National once and that was on my FS bike that I no longer have. What I wonder is if this ride that is being talked about is do-able on a HT? I would think that going up national rather than down would be the best route for a HT. If the route takes us down National, just let me know so I can let my doctor know that i may be in to see him...
    Konapdlr... I've done National on my Surly 1x1, up and down, east and west. If I can do it you can do it! Typically I walk down most of Telegraph no matter what bike I am on. After enough broken bones and torn up body parts over the years, I recognize my limits. Armor is recommended and will help with confidence to try new things.

mtbr member
    I've only been down National once and that was on my FS bike that I no longer have. What I wonder is if this ride that is being talked about is do-able on a HT?
    My bro did this 18 years ago when he first moved out here on a rigid that was too big for him. I shudder everytime I think about it, but I went down on a rock shox from 1994. Suspension was pretty new at the time and we didn't know any better.

I'd be up for any type of South Mountain ride since it's the only thing I really know. Getting dropped wouldn't be a problem at all. Heck, I know my bro would be taking up the rear too, so that's 2 for a "beginner group."

Large wheels & one gear
    Konapdlr... I've done National on my Surly 1x1, up and down, east and west. If I can do it you can do it! Typically I walk down most of Telegraph no matter what bike I am on. After enough broken bones and torn up body parts over the years, I recognize my limits. Armor is recommended and will help with confidence to try new things.

It's not that I am not confident in going down National. I was just wondering if it was ok to do on a HT being as I have only been there once. It just seems like a trail that is better suited for a FS. But since many have done it on a HT, I have no problems taking mine. I'll be in for this ride if it is on a Sat. Sunday gotta work. Also, Count me in for the ThNR.

wrecking crew
    So...to go or not to go...

...although I'm kinda wanting to go to Prescott...
    ~~~

mtbr member
    ThrNR @ FINS evey week too @ 6:30.

Beer + Soda's in the Fridge.

Need directions?
    * It's west -- WAY West.

Harv out.
    Brian "Harvey" Roberts

Ouch, I am hot!
    Quote Originally Posted by phichibri
    ThrNR @ FINS evey week too @ 6:30.

Beer + Soda's in the Fridge.

Need directions?
    * It's west -- WAY West.

Harv out.
    I can't make a weekday night ride out there, but I would like directions to the trails.
    I AM JUST A JERK

mtbr member
    Fun ride everyone! I felt like I had one of those "off days" where nothing really falls together but a day on the bike always beats working

I'm up for anything next weekend. I did look at the weather and Sat's high/Low's are 109/84 so a 5am start would be the way to go if we stay in town.

Prescott's 95/64 and if we ride Lynxx Lake you're in the shade of the trees 95% of the ride.

Steep Hill
    I want to goto FINS but I can only ride weekends.

I am glad that I am not a walking-one-man-orgy that is Dirdir. I would never leave the house!

Ouch, I am hot!
    Quote Originally Posted by AZClydesdale
    I want to goto FINS but I can only ride weekends.

I am glad that I am not a walking-one-man-orgy that is Dirdir. I would never leave the house!
    If I didn't have to eat and provide for myself, I would never leave the house and I wouldn't be wathcing TV in there either, or at least free TV, if you know what I mean.
    I AM JUST A JERK

Ouch, I am hot!
    Quote Originally Posted by su.ling~
    I say we do a day road trip up to Prescott this next weekend. The trails are primo and the weather much more tolerable. The Lynx Lake T305 to T297 (I think) up to Spruce Mtn Road was killer - absolutely a blast. From there we can either return or make a loop by hitting T299 to Ranch. OR hit the Granite Basin area which is always fun...Both have minimal rocks with just fun-a$$ trails!

Takes about an hour and a bit to get there. If your south, then a bit more. But seriously fun stuff! Plus after the ride we all go binge on food somewhere and extend the love.
    I would be up for a road trip love fest, but not this weekend. I need to stay local.
    I AM JUST A JERK

Members who have read this thread: 0