Spring Break Help- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Spring Break Help

Spring Break is from March 14th to the 23rd for me this year. The only thing I really have planned is going to Havasu on the 21st with a neighbor for a day of sailing and staying the night there. Should be a really couple of days.

Other than that, I'm having a hard time thinking up something to do. I'm thinking ride a couple days in PHX, ride a couple days in Prescott, and then head for the lake. I've never ridden Prescott before. Any trails or loops I should check out? I'd be on a Tallboy LT and I'm a decent intermediate rider.

I'm also open to suggestions of other places I should go. It's the other end of the state, but Moab and Cortez were on the radar, as was Vegas. Vegas would be better because it's closer to Havasu. Help me out guys, I just wanna ride.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy_E View Post
    Spring Break is from March 14th to the 23rd for me this year. The only thing I really have planned is going to Havasu on the 21st with a neighbor for a day of sailing and staying the night there. Should be a really couple of days.

Other than that, I'm having a hard time thinking up something to do. I'm thinking ride a couple days in PHX, ride a couple days in Prescott, and then head for the lake. I've never ridden Prescott before. Any trails or loops I should check out? I'd be on a Tallboy LT and I'm a decent intermediate rider.

I'm also open to suggestions of other places I should go. It's the other end of the state, but Moab and Cortez were on the radar, as was Vegas. Vegas would be better because it's closer to Havasu. Help me out guys, I just wanna ride.
    Daytona Beach
    Nobody gives a s#$t you singlespeed.

mtbr member
    I really liked the Granite Basin loops in Prescott. I had used the map in Cosmic Rays book for reference and did the longest loop. Lots of fast flowy stuff, all very rideable. Cool views with a little lake at the end of the loop I took.

How about leaving Flagstaff early, go through Sedona and Jerome, get to top of Mingus and do a few shuttle runs down Mingus (2 trails, one is big travel recommended, don't have maps, followed people). Than leave the pickup point and continue on to Granite Basin loops for nice fun single track.
    “Think of bicycles as rideable art that can just about save the world.”
-Grant Petersen

Meatbomb
    Havasu is a cluster during Spring Break.

Big B's Trails
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    Havasu is a cluster during Spring Break.
    yup, been there DONE that...no thx
    I dig dirt!

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    If you are going to Vegas there will be a downhill, dual salom, and super d race going on this weekend at bootleg canyon, which is just 20 minutes from the strip. There will also be shuttles open to the public for $20 per day. Bootleg is a super fun place to ride.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    I'm headed to Havasu as well for some house boating, beer bongs, and orgy's! Spring Break 2014!

parenting for gnarness
    Quote Originally Posted by raisingarizona View Post
    I'm headed to Havasu as well for some house boating, beer bongs, and orgy's! Spring Break 2014!
    remind him to be gentle.
    YES to Scottsdale Prop 420
    Our Preserve, Our Taxes, Our Vote

Ouch, I am hot!
    Enjoy the orgies and wagon wheels.
    I AM JUST A JERK

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    I hear East St. Louis is the bomb......

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    You should definitely ride Prescott! They have free Prescott trail maps at all hiking and bike shops well they're actually a dollar but most shops just hand them out.

I recommend riding 305, 297 and up Spruce mountain road then back down. Lots of climbing but worth it going back down.

Beer Drnkr w/bike problem
    I haven't hit up Prescott in a while, if you can/want I can show you around some fun stuff on Friday the 14th. PM me if can ride that day. I'll ride whatever pace and distance your up for.
    "Not drinking is the Single Speed World Championships version of doping" -Jacquie Phelan

E-bikes are Mountain Mopeds